Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Saturday or spam day.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,465
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning All. Back to the Midlands last night after trip oop noorth, gotta love the A1.
Sadly back at work for the next 4, no pedalling in to day as absolutely bolloxed from yesterdays driving. Oh and censored weather. See the spammers have been rather busy again, oh well keep somebody busy clearing it up I suppose. Trust yesterday went as good as could be expected V. Enjoy your wkend all.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• Morning , from a damp and dark Macclesfield, back home tomorrow and-hopefully some better weather,
    Have a good weekend
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,465
    Suspect Saturday's thread may get lost in the spam that keeps flying in.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,291 Lives Here
    I nearly opened one of the spam threads thinking it was the Saturday one before realising they were offering Saturday delivery on drugs. Could do with something stronger though, man flu still a feature and I’m struggling to breathe.
    Yesterday was as good as it could have been, a good send off with lots of people present. I stayed sober as I had to look after the Mrs and felt so rough anyway.
    Today is preparing for taking lad to uni tomorrow and out for a meal as it’s also his birthday on Monday and my nephew’s 18th today.
    Have a spamtastic day folks.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    They must have cleared up the spam before I logged in. I'm sure I haven't missed much though.

Bit of a dull day here so am cracking on with a few car related jobs in amongst the usual Dad's taxi service and random stuff. Stressbag is in an unexplained bad mood so best if I occupy myself outside the house for bit anyway.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,361
    'ning

laziness today as it will be a long climby ride tomorrow, many pussycats out enjoying the morning sun

sun is well over the volcano, pronto será scorchio
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    Stevo your blind or taking the biscuit as usual
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,291 Lives Here
    oxoman wrote:
    No spam in Bottom Bracket so if you go that route it looks fine. Click on new posts however...
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,357
    Nothing to do with Monty Python I hope.

Me also doing car related things me, mainly crank shaft sensor related, a dodgy ccs bracket, a poor ccs connection and bang stutter splut bang on start up.
    It's chilly. Girls are off into town soon which leaves me in peace, to carry on tinkering and then i'll light the wood burner, then feet up.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    oxoman wrote:
    They're all in Road General so who gives a t0ss? I don't look in there unless it gets featured in the 'kicking off' thread :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,180
    Morning

Got up early to do stuff then it all went downhill from there.
    Put the washing on because it was meant to be nice, now it's drizzly.
    Playing with some electrons and stuff instead. Might go and chop down the invasive flowers that seem to have taken over the garden if it brightens up.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,180
    I guess the mods aren't in today looking at Road General....
  • Spam and jam. Yum. Took the daughter to her 11+ test. Fingers crossed.
    Spreading to other sections with another Muppet behind it.
    Yay, good news. Next doors chavs are definitely being kicked out by the end of the month and the house is up for rent again from the middle of next month as a single household, rather than a load of sh1tty bedsits. I'll wave the f****ers off next week and its now safe to go car shopping without worrying whether it'll get nicked 8)

Time for a celebratory drink I think...
    Congrats on that, your lucky around me if rented or social housing tenants get caught dealing or doing anything with drugs they get automatically booted out and the property gets boarded up for a few months, seems to work a treat.
    oxoman wrote:
    Congrats on that, your lucky around me if rented or social housing tenants get caught dealing or doing anything with drugs they get automatically booted out and the property gets boarded up for a few months, seems to work a treat.
    Plod has done nothing so far but doesn't matter now as they'll be history next weekend. Council and HMO regs nailed the managing agent in the end - with a bit of help from us locals who grassed him up.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...now safe to go car shopping without worrying whether it'll get nicked 8)

If you stick with the Mazda, then you'll have no concerns.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,616
    Massive fun last night has been repeated tonight
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...now safe to go car shopping without worrying whether it'll get nicked 8)

If you stick with the Mazda, then you'll have no concerns.
    I've tried to follow your lead of having cars that nobody wants to half inch but it's time for a change :)