Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Thursday's wet wind.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,482
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning All. It's wet, windy and that's without leaving the house. Chilling at home as CBA to go out in it,enjoy.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,625
    First jog since the start of this life threatening man flu - slow, will blame the dark/wet/mud rather than being old

    WFH again
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,186
    Morning

    Cloudy here but it's nice outside - crisp with a bit of a breeze. Forecast says it won't last long. No riding today, having a rest (like most days).
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,403
    Fook it was windy yesterday.
    Must now clean a bit of debris and 2 panes of glass from the green house to tidy up.
    We were lucky. I see that the next 'wave' is in the midlands today. Have you got a canoe TLW?

    Indoor wobble for me.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,482
    Good God what's happened to everyone, either they've blown away or been caught using works internet and sacked. Taken one look outside and decided I will get on my indoor trainer for a change.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,625
    Pinno wrote:
    Fook it was windy yesterday.
    Must now clean a bit of debris and 2 panes of glass from the green house to tidy up.
    We were lucky. I see that the next 'wave' is in the midlands today. Have you got a canoe TLW?
    Got a couple :)
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,295 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Authentic ‘rents place tidying up and moving furniture in preparation for the wake tomorrow. Sister doing the first airport run shortly, I’m going later.
    Going to be a busy couple of days.
  • Be sure to take some time for *you* in all that V68.

    This week's been a blur. The muppets at work have discovered a whole new level of stupid to the point I've had people genuinely concerned I'll get concussion from the repeated face palms.

    I go home tomorrow. Either that or the asylum. Will I know the difference?
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Seven 622SL Kestrel RT1000 On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,402
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Authentic ‘rents place tidying up and moving furniture in preparation for the wake tomorrow. Sister doing the first airport run shortly, I’m going later.
    Going to be a busy couple of days.
    Good luck with all of that V. I find that once you're past all the ceremonial stuff and back at the house, it gets much easier/better.

    Afternoon Peeps, pedalled in to another of Brexity stuff now that the KOFFA has woken up and started asking (stupid) questions. I'll get back to the day job this afternoon. On the good news side, Stropteen has given up one of her extra-curricular activities so one less weekly Dad's taxi job to do (on a Friday after work as well). Which reminds me, I still need to get a better taxi...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the good news side, Stropteen has given up one of her extra-curricular activities so one less weekly Dad's taxi job to do (on a Friday after work as well). Which reminds me, I still need to get a better taxi...
    Get on with it... :D

    My God-daughter has a new boyf. A few weeks ago he turned up to her place to go out, driven by his old man in the new Dad Taxi....

    29864983327_a7f2bb33d8_h.jpg
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Seven 622SL Kestrel RT1000 On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,375
    proper taxi

    here it is scorchio del infierno, otra cerveza helada por favor
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,625
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the good news side, Stropteen has given up one of her extra-curricular activities so one less weekly Dad's taxi job to do (on a Friday after work as well). Which reminds me, I still need to get a better taxi...
    Get on with it... :D

    My God-daughter has a new boyf. A few weeks ago he turned up to her place to go out, driven by his old man in the new Dad Taxi....

    29864983327_a7f2bb33d8_h.jpg
    Nice
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,625
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Fook it was windy yesterday.
    Must now clean a bit of debris and 2 panes of glass from the green house to tidy up.
    We were lucky. I see that the next 'wave' is in the midlands today. Have you got a canoe TLW?
    Got a couple :)
    So, the road is flooded and starting to come up the drive.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,186
    TLW1 wrote:
    So, the road is flooded and starting to come up the drive.
    You need a wall and nature's going to pay for it.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,625
    TLW1 wrote:
    So, the road is flooded and starting to come up the drive.
    You need a wall and nature's going to pay for it.
    Thankfully there is a reasonable amount of wall at the bottom of the drive. But if it continues like this I might need to move some bikes into the garage from the stable/shed :(
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,402
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the good news side, Stropteen has given up one of her extra-curricular activities so one less weekly Dad's taxi job to do (on a Friday after work as well). Which reminds me, I still need to get a better taxi...
    Get on with it... :D

    My God-daughter has a new boyf. A few weeks ago he turned up to her place to go out, driven by his old man in the new Dad Taxi....

    29864983327_a7f2bb33d8_h.jpg
    I have acquired targets...

    Not sure the dad's taxi above would fit all my kids censored into it, but very nice all the same if a bit menopausal :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bloody busy. Bit blowy on the way home. Had my haircut. Wondering what to do with the weekend. I was due to be riding 100 miles on Sunday, but that's been cancelled.

    Best wishes to you for tomorrow V68.
Sign In or Register to comment.