Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Friday hiding from Florence.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,455
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning, work today all be it an early finish to pack up for the weekends fun. Hopefully everything will be quiet at work and I can chill as several chains to clean and lube in company time. Have a good wkend all.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• Morning, these chilly mornings are a shock to the system, working today and the weekend
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,358
    'ning

still dark here, lots of stars, warm too, a tabby cat is watching me through the door

quick blast up to yaiza for a coffee and check all the bits work on shiny bike, then back for pre-bask shopping

have lovely days all
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,349
    Good evening out last night and I even managed to sleep OK. On the train on into town ready for more fun and games before the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,612
    Good everning it’s work and another no ale night - the last for a while

Today is WFH, so a reasonable run with the hound first thing

Later is out with the current wife
  • lateish night last night but v hot, long and busy day at work yesterday means tiredness abounds here.

have just got orders so Oct & Nov away........ anf January .......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,162
    Morning, think were mainly doing well in hiding from Florence. Well for now at least.

Office, rotate chair many times, flog minions to do more work then home to a nice bottle of rum.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bloody busy. No bloody crossword done for weeks.

Weekend approaches though, so that's OK.
  • Waiting idly while IT finally put W10 on my workstation. Chance to unbox the new Nespresso machine.
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,706
    At home today modifying and overhauling my central heating. Just spent 2 hours doing a 1 hour job. I'm out of practice and the pipes won't solder because little bits of water keep finding their way to the joints I'm working on. :evil:

Also I'd just started and the lovely Mrs Slog calls to say that she has a flat trye. So now I have to go to her work and replace that, taking the punctured wheel to be fixed (car BTW, I can fix bike punctures. :) )

Other than that, nice day. :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Capt Slog wrote:
    At home today modifying and overhauling my central heating. Just spent 2 hours doing a 1 hour job. I'm out of practice and the pipes won't solder because little bits of water keep finding their way to the joints I'm working on. :evil:

Also I'd just started and the lovely Mrs Slog calls to say that she has a flat trye. So now I have to go to her work and replace that, taking the punctured wheel to be fixed (car BTW, I can fix bike punctures. :) )

Other than that, nice day. :lol:
    Push fit...
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,289 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Had to drive the Mini in to work this morning, it's not fast but it does make me smile. Had to go for a wee as soon as I got here though, those things are very bumpy. Upset some pushy bloke in a Rangey by squeezing through a gap he was trying to close. Those things do look even bigger when the headlights are above your eye level. Now getting through as much as I can before I slope off early again. Busy weekend of helping the old dear sort stuff out.
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Push fit...
    Do not use push fit onto copper pipe. I was told it worked so joined a plastic pipe to a copper pipe using a push fit connector. Was about to go up to bed some months later when I noticed the kitchen floor was under water, the fitting had pushed off the end of the copper pipe over time. By the same token don't solder polypipe.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,455
    Just use the pushfit fittings with a locking ring, better than cheap ones and don't leak
  • oxoman wrote:
    Just use the pushfit fittings with a locking ring, better than cheap ones and don't leak
    If the pipe is metric and you cut and clean properly then the john guest fittings are fine.
  • Was today gazetted as International Stupid Question Day or something?

Sunny and warm so took regular opportunities to step outside and... breathe...
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Seven 622SL Kestrel RT1000 On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,349
    Step83 wrote:
    Office, rotate chair many times, flog minions to do more work then home to a nice bottle of rum.
    It seems we have similar plans for today Step :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • W10 still being imaged onto my workstation.
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,706
    Push fit...

Although pushfit is supposed to good, I don't trust it, especially for somewhere like under floorboards where it can't be got to in a hurry. I have used it where i can see it, toilet systen for instance.

I'me a bit old fashioned i know. However, pushfit relies on o-rings, I've seen those fail too many times. Soldered copper joints though? Not seen those just pop apart once they are done correctly.

The tyre BTW. The final 3/4 of a mile that Mrs Slog decided to drive on a complete flat (because of course she couldn't get out and walk, could she ? :roll: ) has cost us £40. That was the difference between the price of a repair and a new tyre. Ah well.

The older I get, the better I was.

• step83step83 Posts: 4,162
    W10 still being imaged onto my workstation.

Don't its a trap! I'm doing a "side project" of deploying Windows 10 I've migrated an now I cant remote manage any of my Win7 an server 2012 devices.
  • Step83 wrote:
    W10 still being imaged onto my workstation.

Don't its a trap! I'm doing a "side project" of deploying Windows 10 I've migrated an now I cant remote manage any of my Win7 an server 2012 devices.
    It's not optional.
    Unfortunately all the programmes are packaged on a server and I have to use apps-anywhere to install what I want. Chrome doesn't work and word keeps crashing when it looks for EndNote. I can imagine how bad it's going to be next week when I want to use solidworks and some screen capture.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,129

Somewhere nice MF's? Or some kind of war zone?
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,612
    hopkinb wrote:

Somewhere nice MF's? Or some kind of war zone?
    Wales?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,455
    War zone the. :lol:
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,152
    See what you mean - that is like the world coming to an end. I'm surprised that the hurricane took precedence in the news but I'll sort out earthquake defences for when you do your screen capture next week. Coundown is on. Do you want me to organise an international relief fund?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,152
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Push fit...

Although pushfit is supposed to good, I don't trust it, especially for somewhere like under floorboards where it can't be got to in a hurry. I have used it where i can see it, toilet systen for instance.

What is a systen?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: