Favorite Tubeless Cyclocross Wheelset Disc (Carbon & Aluminum)

Qbiker29
Qbiker29 Posts: 5
edited September 2018 in Cyclocross
What are your favorite cyclocross tubeless Disc Wheelsets. I have some stock HED Tomcat Tubeless wheels with WTB Cross Boss and they fit really tight and will work well but I would like to get a lighter wheelset that performs well. I was using stand alpha with rim brakes but the 17mm inner width caused me burp issues.

Favorite Cyclocross Carbon and Aluminum sets for disc brakes. Feel free to share tire combinations.

Comments

• milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    Favourite might be stretching it a bit given limited experience of different wheels, but I've just bought the Novatec CXD's in clincher and am very impressed. They are cheap (picked up from PBK for £295 with a code), match the claimed low weight and so far have been trouble free.

I matched them tubeless with schwalbe x-one allround tyres (lots of different options, got the ones for about £35 each), they went on easily and blew straight up with a track pump. This was my first time fitting tubeless tyres and it was an absolute doddle.

Only dry races so far but pleased at the moment.
  • I just had a pair of wheels built by Strada Wheels. Crest tubeless ready rims with DT Swiss 350 hubs. 1465 grams and have transformed my CaadX Apex into a different bike. Brilliant advice and service from Darren the owner.
    Hutchinson Toro tubeless tyres is 390 grams and works as well as another tyre for wet/loose surface. Hutchinson Black Mamba for when it is dry. Bike is now great. Rider not so… :?
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    I bought some Hunt 4 Seasons and I'm impressed. Affordable, light, seem to be very well made, and look great.