oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,465
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Work. Beer. Bed in that order.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,616
    Long ish run, few jobs, wife’s work bbq, local
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,361
    'ning

ride, cafe, do stuff, busy weekend getting ready for hols, many things going wrong and to be overcome/mitigated/eliminated

there shall be pineapple
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,291 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being had, second cup of tea is nothing but a memory so I’ve put the coffee on. Got to do a bit of shopping and sorting out stuff around the house. Can’t really ask hopalong to do things, I might have to learn how to use the cooker. Hopefully I’ll have time for a bit of tinkering in the garage.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,180
    Good morning

It's raining, so I'm hiding indoors today more than usual.
    Latest repair on the Aldi camera light failed, so I'm giving up. I bought a zecto drive anyway in the mean time which is nice but hopefully I got a waterproof one.
    It's been cooler the last few days but the heating has been blasting away every morning and night. Someone had cranked the thermostat up to 25 degrees :x
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,361
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being had, second cup of tea is nothing but a memory so I’ve put the coffee on. Got to do a bit of shopping and sorting out stuff around the house. Can’t really ask hopalong to do things, I might have to learn how to use the cooker. Hopefully I’ll have time for a bit of tinkering in the garage.
    sounds like she's skiving, after breaking my hip, and out of sheer boredom, i did the cooking standing/hopping on one leg for over three months

gave up on ride due to new crisis, semblance of control now restored, went to cafe

mrs s in outfit shopping mode, apparently there's some law know only to women that they need to get new outfits for each and every relative's/friend's/casual acquaintance's/stranger's wedding they go to and that i simply need to accept this and not make stupid comments about wearing the same thing twice

keep forgetting to have some pineapple
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,357
    Sounds like you've already had a bad day SG. There's nothing as inexplicable as a woman.
    Only 1 hip SG? rofl.

Pi$$ing down. However, the injectors and fuel pressure regulator has arrived which means I may get the Porker running today...
    Wish me luck.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,291 Lives Here
    Have some pineapple to celebrate the crisis averted SG.
  • Slept in. Coffee in the sun on the balcony to start the day. Fitted a towbar to the Ute, or half done anyway, wiring loom still to be sorted. Lunch.

Fired up the mower and bounced round the paddock for a couple of hours hacking it down to size.

Browsing for a rescue dog or two to come live with us. Might go say hello to a couple tomorrow, see if we get on.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Seven 622SL Kestrel RT1000 On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,129
    No crises here. Dog walked far. Tasty wrap, scotch egg and some cheese bought from deli in the village. Chain wiped and lubed, gears indexed.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    Browsing for a rescue dog or two to come live with us. Might go say hello to a couple tomorrow, see if we get on.
    Good man. Provided there is somebody around at home most of the time and you make a vaguely sensible choice of breed/mongrel you'll be fine with a dog (I know you're away a lot).

Into the Dad's taxi section of the day but at least the evening is my own so I'll be able to watch the footy with some cold cider and the hound snoozing on my feet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good man. Provided there is somebody around at home most of the time and you make a vaguely sensible choice of breed/mongrel you'll be fine with a dog (I know you're away a lot).

Into the Dad's taxi section of the day but at least the evening is my own so I'll be able to watch the footy with some cold cider and the hound snoozing on my feet.
    Other half is home most of the time (retired) and loves the company of a dog for a walk. We had a Rottweiler / Ridgeback cross in Sydney, loved him to bits.

There's a couple of mixed breed ones I've seen which would suit, a Doberman cross, and another Ridgeback cross.... both 5+ yrs old I think
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Seven 622SL Kestrel RT1000 On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ciao

just got back from doing a day of classroom based instructing - mentally shattered.

now having a cold Modelo.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    ciao

just got back from doing a day of classroom based instructing - mentally shattered.

now having a cold Modelo.
    I have the house to myself for now so it's a cold cider as an aperitif before a slap up Chinese :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]