Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Late CBA Monday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Last day off so helping eldest plan his route to work as he starts his first fulltime job next wks. Test drive to and from his work site, just what I wanted. Family time later with mutley.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,701
    Morning,dull here again, I have to pop into Siemens office today , job starting on Friday, hopefully get out on the bike later
    Have a good week
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,180
    'ning

office, coffee and croissant to sustain me for a bit of mining in the datawarehouse
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Ciao

Minging here so drinkin* coffee and waiting for Bambini to wake up.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,426
    Lovely here, so popped down the road for an espresso while the others faff about.
    WE HATE YOU!

not really. just jealous.

so bogging here the mfs can't see the staff quarters at the end of the garden.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    A bit cloudy and gloomy here, still mild though. A pleasant wobble in this morning to be greeted with a couple of moaning emails I had to deal with. Not much else going on, off to see the old man after work then to a local pub for beer and food.
    Feet are sore after a longish walk yesterday, didn't expect to go as far so had the wrong shoes on. Really must stop wearing those Cuban heels.
    Nice and quiet as my manager is off, downside is he makes the tea so I had to make my own this morning.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    Market day in the town, so sat in the sunshine enjoying a beer
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    tlw1 wrote:

At 10am! FFS.

By the time you get back from holiday, you'll be as out of shape as me. Perhaps we should hook up and get fit together. Ha ha.

Gopping. Murky. Shyte really. Last day of holds for girls.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,646
    Morning, was sunny this morning now its turned grey and dreary.

Amusing weekend spend mainly yesterday panic shopping for a new suit turns out I've shrunk and you cant just get a jacket to match your existing trousers, they never match. So, new suit, and new shoes.

Now just swatting up on the company which isn't too bad, one product three suppliers all in the same sector and all direct competitors. Company reports back to the parent in Germanland.

More swotting later and a drink to calm the nerves.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    pinno wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:

At 10am! FFS.

By the time you get back from holiday, you'll be as out of shape as me. Perhaps we should hook up and get fit together. Ha ha.
    I’m in Europe - it’s 11.46

Maybe lacking fitness but a tummy bug for 5 days means I’m losing weight
    tlw1 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:

At 10am! FFS.

I’m in Europe - it’s 11.46

Maybe lacking fitness but a tummy bug for 5 days means I’m losing weight

Always found the quickest way to loose weight was a stomach bug/food poisoning. That and limb amputation.
    h3: any nork pics yet?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,426
    There's this look that some Spanish women have. Utterly bewitching to a northern European like me. I reckon if I tried to take nork pics I'd be eviscerated by their sharp tongues.
    the MFs agree - they are great fans of all things espagnol but very scared of their female species especially since that episode with the apron, ice cream cornet and stuffed parrot.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
    More like the big Spanish mama with the big norks would kill you.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    Can vouch for the sharp tongues, previous employer was Spanish, the women nice as pie when things go right, moment something's slightly off kilter, just hide ideally behind something solid that opens outwards.
    I had a brief liaison with a rare and stunning Madrilenas.
    It was like climbing Everest into the clear and gorgeous view but then when it went downhill, it was like falling into the cauldrons of hell.

Well and truly burnt me. (I don't regret it).
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,412
    pinno wrote:
    It was like climbing Everest into the clear and gorgeous view but then when it went downhill, it was like falling into the cauldrons of hell.

Sounds like you're so scarred by the experience that you offered to 'hook up' with TLW :)

Busy first day back at work with a work experience student in tow as extra baggage. It's not like you can even delegate stuff to them either, unlike the real minions. I needed the pedal in to restore a bit of fitness post hols though. Later will be more pedalling and then wine.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,412
    hopkinb wrote:
    There's this look that some Spanish women have. Utterly bewitching to a northern European like me. I reckon if I tried to take nork pics I'd be eviscerated by their sharp tongues.
    Butt pics then. They won't be able to see you taking the picture.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:

Sounds like you're so scarred by the experience that you offered to 'hook up' with TLW :)

I could 'drown' the scars. I would have the perfect instructor.
    W - Wiggle Honda