Maratona

Hi
I'm going to the Maratona on my own this year. Anyone else?
Would be good to know who's going and maybe meet up for a ride on Friday or something.

Comments

• 3Pears
    3Pears Posts: 174
    Yeah I'm in and again can't wait. Out for the full week. Whole area is taken over by cyclists, which is fantastic. Everyone will chat and vast majority can all speak excellent English (little embarrassing) so loads will have a chat
  • ribbo
    ribbo Posts: 35
    Is anyone else entered into this years edition?

Just wondering if anyone who has done it before/is doing it could help with a few Qs!

- In terms of the 11:45am time limit for the Giau, is this a strict limit? Or would you be able to sneak up it after 11:45 but just not receive any support or something? Seems if starting in the last wave it could be a push for some of the group I'm going with.

- Has anyone got any idea about getting from Innsbruck airport to Corvara/nearby? I've seen the Südtirol bus but that looked to cost ~150 euros a head! Currently looking at just hiring a car but would be grateful for any info.

Anyway, looking forward to it!

Cheers
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Ribbo wrote:
    Is anyone else entered into this years edition?

Just wondering if anyone who has done it before/is doing it could help with a few Qs!

- In terms of the 11:45am time limit for the Giau, is this a strict limit? Or would you be able to sneak up it after 11:45 but just not receive any support or something? Seems if starting in the last wave it could be a push for some of the group I'm going with.

- Has anyone got any idea about getting from Innsbruck airport to Corvara/nearby? I've seen the Südtirol bus but that looked to cost ~150 euros a head! Currently looking at just hiring a car but would be grateful for any info.

Anyway, looking forward to it!

Cheers

I rode last year. It's excellent! You'll really enjoy it! Though it is tough...

The cut off is pretty tight I think. If nothing else it may mean that the roads are no longer closed...

TBH I'd just rent a car. Gives you more flexibility and ability to explore the area a bit as well...
  • ribbo
    Cheers dish dash, can't wait for it.

Agreed on the car, should be the most straightforward option.
  • stueyboy
    stueyboy Posts: 108
    Ribbo wrote:

There is a gate on the road at the corner where the medium and long route split occurs. They close the gate and turn people up the medium route after 1145 I think.
  • ribbo
    stueyboy wrote:
    There is a gate on the road at the corner where the medium and long route split occurs. They close the gate and turn people up the medium route after 1145 I think.

Perfect, cheers Stuey
  • stueyboy
    stueyboy Posts: 108
    Ribbo wrote:
    stueyboy wrote:

Perfect, cheers Stuey

Best tip is to get to the start early. The last wave is huge and it took about 30 minutes to get through the start line when I did it in 2016 and I was at the front of the queue. I'm doing it again this year so will be employing this strategy