Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Tuesday with no pineapple.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,306
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning, work, then play later maybe a few beers as well.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,729
    Morning, same for myself as well oxoman, might skip the beer though
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,198
    'ning

rides cafes lazing etc.

probably with pineapple
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,058
    WFH, so big puppy will get a decent walk in a minute

Later is continue collecting logs from the woods ready for chopping - only did an hour last night and my back is complaining :(
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Grey outside.

Day off, so hound walk, weights sesh then a ride on my bike. Lush, see.

Have a good one!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,531
    tlw1 wrote:

Later is continue collecting logs from the woods ready for chopping - only did an hour last night and my back is complaining :(
    It's age. You should leave it to young people like me and Veronese 'Hawaii Boy' 68 :)

On train into town after a good post ride sleep. Shockingly no meetings today so hopefully a relaxed day in the office.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboowebboo Posts: 2,122
    Morning.
    Shoulder a bit sore this morning after the physio put my arm in to places it’s not been for six week. I’ve now got a little rope and pulley thing to try and do this myself.
    Today is a tramp across the hills with a couple of old climbing mates, so it will be sore feet to go with the shoulder.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:

It's age. You should leave it to young people like me and Veronese 'Hawaii Boy' 68 :)

On train into town after a good post ride sleep. Shockingly no meetings today so hopefully a relaxed day in the office.

Kids of today. :roll:
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,244
    Morning

What oxoman said.

No pineapple, and my knee hurts.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:

Fancy being a lumberjack for a weekend? :)
    tlw1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:

You mean dress up in women's clothing ? :shock:
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    tlw1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sZa26_esLBE
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    tlw1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:

Not the sort that some people are thinking of.

Of course me and V68 have backs made of steel and never have problems like yours :lol:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,308 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Of course me and V68 have backs made of steel and never have problems like yours :lol:
    This being the internet I shall claim that is true. :lol:
    Last day before I change my surname to McGarrett. Feeling a little jaded this morning, the wife made me go to the pub and drink beer as she was waiting for a delivery. It would be quite easy for her to have an affair, she's tell me to go to the pub and it's not like I'd argue.
    Managed to wobble in this morning, not as nice as yesterday out there. It was no colder but the sun was hiding as well. I think summer has gone. Had to do some work this morning, I shall now go into my usual work avoidance programme. Got a Norwegian coming to visit me later, might make me late going home which is dull. I've not had any pineapple but have had a couple of cups of tea.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,449
    What on earth is Mrs V having delivered that means she wants you out of the way?! I'd have hidden round the corner to see what turned up.

Bored. Summer is over, at least until my summer holiday, but that's not until the last 2 weeks of August. Bah.
    hopkinb wrote:
    What on earth is Mrs V having delivered that means she wants you out of the way?! I'd have hidden round the corner to see what turned up.

Bored. Summer is over, at least until my summer holiday, but that's not until the last 2 weeks of August. Bah.

It's a surprise for tomorrow.
    She's expecting a delivery from HSL.
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'd have hidden round the corner to see what turned up.
    I was only a few doors away, drinking. No idea what was being delivered, wasn't too big/ What's HSL, I don't think I'm old enough to get that yet. Maybe I'll find out tomorrow.
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    This being the internet I shall claim that is true. :lol:
    Last day before I change my surname to McGarrett. Feeling a little jaded this morning, the wife made me go to the pub and drink beer as she was waiting for a delivery. It would be quite easy for her to have an affair, she's tell me to go to the pub and it's not like I'd argue.
    Managed to wobble in this morning, not as nice as yesterday out there. It was no colder but the sun was hiding as well. I think summer has gone. Had to do some work this morning, I shall now go into my usual work avoidance programme. Got a Norwegian coming to visit me later, might make me late going home which is dull. I've not had any pineapple but have had a couple of cups of tea.
    Big day tomorrow then? We'll wave you off to the care home so you can keep Bally company :D
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'd have hidden round the corner to see what turned up.
    I was only a few doors away, drinking. No idea what was being delivered, wasn't too big/ What's HSL, I don't think I'm old enough to get that yet. Maybe I'll find out tomorrow.
    Is your big day tomorrow V?
    hopkinb wrote:
    Maybe it's something inflatable? Worked for Seano.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Stevo 666 wrote:
    Worked for Seano.

Whatever happened to Seano?
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Worked for Seano.
    Who?
    Maybe he locked himself in the airing cupboard, this was his last post:
    seanoconn wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Currently sat watching the World Indoor Firm Young Ladies in Knickers Championships. Might have to nip to the airing cupboard soon.
    What channel?
    BBC 2 England
  • weezyswissweezyswiss Posts: 125
    veronese68 wrote:
    Maybe he locked himself in the airing cupboard, this was his last post:
    seanoconn wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Currently sat watching the World Indoor Firm Young Ladies in Knickers Championships. Might have to nip to the airing cupboard soon.
    What channel?
    BBC 2 England

Is that the Lingerie Football League? And yes that's a real thing in the US !!
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    No pineapple.

Sigma Sport keep giving me more money off every time I purchase something, so I return the previous item and buy it again cheaper. Not even that much hassle to return an item.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Worked for Seano.

Last I heard, he was intent on making more babies.
    Well, one more anyway.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    Did he say with who or what
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
    ballysmate wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Worked for Seano.

Well, one more anyway.
    What an idiot

Doesn’t he realise this forum is about getting dogs not kids
    ballysmate wrote:
    Well, one more anyway.
    Funniest thing I heard on Friday night was when the guy next door but one said my delightful neighbour told his Mrs they were thinking of having another kid. Considering they had also considered calling social services on them they too thought this more than a little odd.
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,265
    veronese68 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Well, one more anyway.
    Funniest thing I heard on Friday night was when the guy next door but one said my delightful neighbour told his Mrs they were thinking of having another kid. Considering they had also considered calling social services on them they too thought this more than a little odd.

Mrs Slog once worked in a social services day nursery. One woman ( a loose term for her) wanted to bring her second (third?) kid in to be looked after, when she was refused she calmly replied "I'll just have to take him home and rough him up a bit then".

The tales I heard from there, nothing is much of a shock.

The older I get, the better I was.

• thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,244
    Capt Slog wrote:
    The tales I heard from there, nothing is much of a shock.
    Heard one a few months ago (4th hand) about a girl breaking down in tears because she couldn't get IVF on the NHS despite trying for a baby for 12 months.
    She was 15 and only wanted a kid to get a council house :roll: