Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Friday and last day at GMC coffee pot must be Christmas.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,844
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning World. Don't care about the weather today it can do what it wants. I will be finishing with my current employer and going for several drinks with a lot of good people and it will possibly get messy later. Taxi service booked with eldest lad later. Soon to be ex bosses currently getting a little worried that I may have restarted the engineering exodus. OOP,s. Enjoy you weekend Folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
«1

Posts

  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
    'ning

    enjoy it oxo, or should it be moses? :D

    unless i summon the willpower to gym, i think it'll be a lazy blend of cafe, wfh and early bail

    weekend weather looking positively balmy compared to the previous
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,911
    Morning, mild here with strong winds ,dog walked breakfast consumed just having a cuppa before I go shopping, the weather is unbelievable Sungod , I see they have forecast snow over then Easter weekend
    Enjoy your party oxoman
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,878
    Yeah oxoman!

    WFH as I continue to be a responsible parent, which means I have to go to the easter show :(

    Later is out for a meal with the current wife for her birthday part one
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Top stuff Oxoman! Have a Pastis for me.

    I'm just having a coffee before heqding to work on my bicycle.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    Enjoy Oxo, definitely get started at lunch time, it's not like they can fire you now!

    Weather is damp and warmer than usual. It's strangely been a while since we've had any proper rain, I know it's been replaced by snow but it makes the rain not feel quite as depressing as last winter.

    Had a good jaunt to the pub last night with GF and her dad, missed a turbo session so I'll have to catch up tonight. Then I'm off for wine tasting to raise money for one of the GF's scouts to go to some scout thing in the USA, his parents own one of the local pubs so it should be a good laugh.

    Looking forward to the good weather this weekend
  • webboowebboo Posts: 3,136
    Breakfast finished and it’s stopped raining, so it looks like a ramble in the hills will be on the cards.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,432 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Have fun Oxo, although I doubt you need telling to do that.
    I'm bloody knackered as the Mrs was out until gone midnight then I woke up at 4am for some stupid reason. Out tonight and the beer should help at least, unfortunately an early start tomorrow is not what I need. I've come up with a solution to the neighbour problem. I had considered chopping them up with a Japanese saw but that would be too messy, so I considered filling their house with concrete. But that would be really heavy and could cause subsidence on our place. Then I hit upon the solution, expanding foam. I reckon about 3,000 large cans should do it if I do it now. If I wait until after the loft conversion I'd need more of the stuff.
    Today being Fryday I will of course be visiting the cafe to eat lots of fried dead pig. Better try to get some work done before that.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    Thought I should share this, seems like some good castelli deals on here if anyone is interested, very tempted by this but I really really don't need it
    https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/castelli-a ... ng-jersey/
  • Oxoman sticks it to the man! Good work.
    At work, which is boring. Later I will not be at work, which is better. Might ride a bike this weekend. Might start tidying some up to sell them - mutterings from Mrs BBGeek about her shed being cluttered.
    Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,432 Lives Here
    Might start tidying some up to sell them - mutterings from Mrs BBGeek about her shed being cluttered.
    There's something very wrong there. We have a garage, the day we moved in the garage door tried to knock my head off resulting in me being rushed to the hospital with loads of claret falling out of my head. This resulted in a few stitches and a bit of a headache, but it was worth it as the Mrs won't go into the garage.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,011
    Good work on the escape Oxo, does seem the way one person leaves, everyone else sees the light an runs toward it as well.

    Morning, sat in the local bike shop/café Tess (the dog) would probably say hi but shes off being fussed by all an sundry at the moment. Flat white and a pastry read some book then wander back home to do some measuring up and maths for an office/workshop/Bike cave/Man cave extension.

    Hayden, That Alpha annoys me, I wouldn't mind one but I need XL, not only is it out of stock but the moment you chose XL on anything Castelli the prince jumps up, I'd call it fat tax but I just have broad shoulders so I'll go with wide tax.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    The light at the end of the tunnel can often be that of an on coming train.
    I have an Alpha jacket so no need for A 'Ros'.

    Sourced some bits to start doing the cloakroom toilet. That starts tomorrow.
    Damn weather.

    Going to have a quick nap and then a blast on the rollers. May have more coffee and cake today.

    Also going to shout at the neighbours hedge. Just for experimental reasons. I have stared at one of their dogs for a while once or twice but unfortunately, it did not keel over and die.

    About 0.75m squared in cured form VN. You won't need that many tins.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
    no need for swords or foam, let me paint you a picture...

    it's quiet, everyone asleep, weather cold, windows closed, cylinder of co, hose, letterbox, sssssssss

    it's quiet, so very quiet
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    I just ordered a castelli team jersey from there in small, it talks about aero in the description. I have a feeling it's going to be ludicrously tight... it's also for someone else's team but we can ignore that

    https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/castelli-t ... ling-vest/

    I'd probably go medium with the alpha but I will be in trouble if I buy one
  • veronese68 wrote:
    Might start tidying some up to sell them - mutterings from Mrs BBGeek about her shed being cluttered.
    There's something very wrong there. We have a garage, the day we moved in the garage door tried to knock my head off resulting in me being rushed to the hospital with loads of claret falling out of my head. This resulted in a few stitches and a bit of a headache, but it was worth it as the Mrs won't go into the garage.
    Shed is for gardening stuff, which is Mrs' domain as I hate gardening. You cut stuff down, and it grows back - pointless. The workshop is mine but as I have filled it with stuff the shed became the overflow for more stuff. She also found a massive sack of wood off-cuts which I had forgotten about, but at least that's easy to dispose of.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    Well done Oxo, over the line at last. I also had some interesting conversations this week about my new job and all is not what it seems - however its still a reasonable win so I'll be drinking cider and listening to loud punk music later on anyway as a form of reduced celebration.

    Onwards to eating stodge to get ready for tonight. Mrs 666 said she didn't want me rolling half cut gone midnight as her and Stropteen both have busy days tomorrow so I'm staying up in town. Win 8)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,696
    Went for a first ride with a lad who's sort of attached to our group of friends and surprise surprise, he's quicker than me.

    TBH, Not that many people aren't.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,610
    Is Oxoman in the pub yet?

    Is TLW doing the reliability ride on Sunday?

    Is it home time yet?

    Those aero mudgards on this morning meant I averaged a cool 20 mph on the ride to the office today. Nothing at all to do with the tailwind. And arrived with my keys - bonus.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,878

    Is TLW doing the reliability ride on Sunday?
    Football has been cancelled so I think so!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,432 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mrs 666 said she didn't want me rolling half cut gone midnight as her and Stropteen both have busy days tomorrow so I'm staying up in town. Win 8)
    I must say I'm not looking forward to meeting my mates at 8am tomorrow morning. :shock:
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,878
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mrs 666 said she didn't want me rolling half cut gone midnight as her and Stropteen both have busy days tomorrow so I'm staying up in town. Win 8)
    I must say I'm not looking forward to meeting my mates at 8am tomorrow morning. :shock:
    Man up - drink through
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    tlw1 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mrs 666 said she didn't want me rolling half cut gone midnight as her and Stropteen both have busy days tomorrow so I'm staying up in town. Win 8)
    I must say I'm not looking forward to meeting my mates at 8am tomorrow morning. :shock:
    Man up - drink through
    I'll keep him in line :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,432 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mrs 666 said she didn't want me rolling half cut gone midnight as her and Stropteen both have busy days tomorrow so I'm staying up in town. Win 8)
    I must say I'm not looking forward to meeting my mates at 8am tomorrow morning. :shock:
    Man up - drink through
    I'll keep him in line :)
    I'm worried BG was right in the CC and it's just me that wasn't aware of it, if any of my beer tastes funny I'll have to lose it somewhere. :shock:
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    sungod wrote:
    no need for swords or foam, let me paint you a picture...

    it's quiet, everyone asleep, weather cold, windows closed, cylinder of co, hose, letterbox, sssssssss

    it's quiet, so very quiet

    There's something a little unnerving about you SG. On the other hand, if I have some work in that department, you are first on my contact list.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,432 Lives Here
    pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    no need for swords or foam, let me paint you a picture...

    it's quiet, everyone asleep, weather cold, windows closed, cylinder of co, hose, letterbox, sssssssss

    it's quiet, so very quiet

    There's something a little unnerving about you SG. On the other hand, if I have some work in that department, you are first on my contact list.
    I think he makes a good point, but I would definitely rather stay on his good side.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,011
    veronese68 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    no need for swords or foam, let me paint you a picture...

    it's quiet, everyone asleep, weather cold, windows closed, cylinder of co, hose, letterbox, sssssssss

    it's quiet, so very quiet

    There's something a little unnerving about you SG. On the other hand, if I have some work in that department, you are first on my contact list.
    I think he makes a good point, but I would definitely rather stay on his good side.

    Indeed, hes starting to come across as someone who would own a copy of the anarchists cookbook, hardback no doubt with plenty of postits sticking out.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
    anarchist cookbook? pfft, amateurs

    tbh what's problematic is that pre-internet it wasn't so easy for nutters/fanatics to find things out, these days it's trivial, fortunately the majority are several glasses short of a magnum and mess up one way or another
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    no need for swords or foam, let me paint you a picture...

    it's quiet, everyone asleep, weather cold, windows closed, cylinder of co, hose, letterbox, sssssssss

    it's quiet, so very quiet

    There's something a little unnerving about you SG. On the other hand, if I have some work in that department, you are first on my contact list.

    give Tom a call. He's always open to "private work"....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,011
    sungod wrote:
    anarchist cookbook? pfft, amateurs

    tbh what's problematic is that pre-internet it wasn't so easy for nutters/fanatics to find things out, these days it's trivial, fortunately the majority are several glasses short of a magnum and mess up one way or another

    True used to be much harder to make anything of that ilk. Now basically everyone has it on their phone.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    step83 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    no need for swords or foam, let me paint you a picture...

    it's quiet, everyone asleep, weather cold, windows closed, cylinder of co, hose, letterbox, sssssssss

    it's quiet, so very quiet

    There's something a little unnerving about you SG. On the other hand, if I have some work in that department, you are first on my contact list.
    I think he makes a good point, but I would definitely rather stay on his good side.

    Indeed, hes starting to come across as someone who would own a copy of the anarchists cookbook, hardback no doubt with plenty of postits sticking out.

    I just can't picture the post its, just doesn't seem slick enough for him. I think notes are written in varying degrees of deteriorating radioactive substances which are actually code.
    In the event of a Pineapple crisis for example, Mr Del Monte is Plutonium 239.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
Sign In or Register to comment.