PCS stats career trajectory

shirley_basso
shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
edited March 2018 in Pro race
Stole this of a comment I found on CNews.

5-QLbj_DpyQF52Psq8iiHRVUa90Y9r7Yjp04lQACfwE?dl=0&preserve_transparency=1&size=32x32&size_mode=5

Link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/buruexqqbg7i6 ... r.png?dl=0

Credit to kärntnabua
I was bored once and went to procyclingstats and created a spreadsheet for points after N years in one's career. Sagan's trajectory is almost identical to Valverde and Zabel, slightly worse than Boonen up to year 7 in their careers, far ahead of Kelly (who started collecting points later, but then very quickly) and slightly behind De Vlaemink. Among the riders of the more modern era, Gilbert, Nibali, Cancellara, Greipel, Van Avermaet, Froome, and Cavendish are all gathering points at a surprisingly similar rate. But the gap between that lower group and the Sagan/Valverde/Zabel/Boonen group is a big one. Notably, after year 8, Boonen's chart heads toward the Nibali/Cancellara/Gilbert group, while Kelly's line goes from the "second group" and rockets up to the first. Here's a link to a PNG in a Dropbox folder if you want to spend time tracing lines...

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    That's really interesting, cheers. Would have liked to have seen Merckx on there :D
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Valverde's trajectory looks like he is about to leave the Earth's atmosphere and enter orbit.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    The person who made it did repost to the forum with merckx but the forum is screwed so it's now gone...