Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Tuesday the apocalypse is upon them.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,275
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning World. What happened to the beast from the east, turned tail and ran off here at the minute. Boss at GMC is about to reap his reward for being a twonk as I have a white envelope to give him saying stuff you son. Just accepted a day's only job with no corporate BS and almost the same salary. Enjoy your day I will. Downside today is telling 3 other companies thanks but no thanks for their offers. Oh well.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,715
    Morning, much colder here today, I thought the beast from the east was supposed to start tomorrow, I will be dog walking soon, that’s when he gets out of his bed.
    In door Cycling again which I am getting fed up with,Roll on warmer weather
  • Wel dun Oxo
    What da fuk am I doing up at this time
    Get outside and ride LD, its character building.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,190
    'ning

enjoy it oxo! will you be taking cakes

subzero nippiness here, gym, cafe, wfh, more cloudy virtual frippery

vintner sending minion with much tawny port, probably should decant some vintage before it mutates and forms an alliance with the cheese, but it can sometimes be such a let down
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    Congrats Oxo.
    No beast from the east for me.
    Lanzarote bound.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,190
    say meow to the tabby for me
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,050
    Well done oxo

Hound walked whilst it was trying to snow, now coming down properly. Therefore log burner shoved full of wood and already alight from last night embers

WFH today may backfire if the rugrats are off school

Later is rollers and then watching a film
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Top stuff oxo - many congrats

Bitter cold here so weights sesh and dependant on how cold it is later in the garage I may turbo train. Then again, who the hell am I kidding.

I also have to go to the mobile telephone shop to see if they can tell me why my telephone keeps on saving things to the telephones memory and not the memory card that's in there.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning

Our road gritted - check
    People in cars giving me evils for clearing the road at 5:30am while they drive up and down it turning the snow to ice - check
    Main road into work gritted and clear - umm no

Went for a run through the meadows/woods in the snow before work, pretty pleasant as hardly anyone was about.
    Snow's coming down quite heavily now, forecast says it's going to stop at lunchtime and turn clear and sunny which should be nice.

Looking forward to an update on the reaction from oxo's boss.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Enjoy it Oxo!

Cold here, snowing on and off. I was meant to be dropping the OH in hospital at 8:30 but they won't know if she has a bed until 9:30 now. She can't eat anything as she's meant to be being starved for 3 days so she's generally angry at the moment. WFH until we know what's going on, site visits this afternoon in the snow should be interesting
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,299 Lives Here
    Morning folks, bit chilly out but dry and bright at least. In early to sort some shizzle and heading out soon to take the old man for appointment with the oncologist. The joy of South London traffic awaits. Must salute Wolfie Smith for Stevo when I get to Tooting.
    Well done Oxo, look forward to hearing his reaction.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,430
    Well done Oxo!

Nothing going on here. Bit chilly.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,655
    Morning, slight dusting of snow, dog was not impressed sniffed it barked an refused to go out, to be fair minus six I cant blame her.
    Freezing pedal in weird combo of sun and snow coming down. waiting for it to lob a load down shortly an everyone start crying they need to go home.
    Anyway post work is veg in front of log burner always a good way to spent the evening
    I'm just going to go and have some scrambled eggs before going to look bewildered at the telephone shop.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Loooong walk to start the day for a change. Did a brief stint on the turbo just for practice this evening to compensate.

Relentlessly reasonable weather here. Bit breezy, but mild to warm and lots of sunshine. Even had a swim yesterday, managed to not step on the stingray in the water.

Done some minor works here, but plenty of CBA happening. Shed rebuild has stalled till I decide whether I can be bothered removing all the weird bits of stuff welded to the structure in various parts of it, which serve no useful purpose for us whatsoever.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,275
    Update time. Boss seriously gutted doesn't want me to go etc anything we can do to keep you etc. Don't think he appreciated my honesty. He did appreciate the months notice though. The beers will flow care of lads come the 23rd
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Congrats Oxo, didn't take a huge payrise to stay then?

I have 6 months notice in my contract, I've always wondered whether they would make me work it or not...
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,715
    Wel dun Oxo
    What da fuk am I doing up at this time
    Get outside and ride LD, its character building.

Well I went into the garage at about 08:40 ish just a dusting of snow on the ground, I came out at about 10:00 to be met with approx 3 inches of snow and it’s still coming down
    I don’t really want any more character building at my age Sloppy, but thanks all the same
  • oxoman wrote:
    Update time. Boss seriously gutted doesn't want me to go etc anything we can do to keep you etc. Don't think he appreciated my honesty. He did appreciate the months notice though. The beers will flow care of lads come the 23rd
    :D

I've had the "if we offer you more money will you stay" - no, I'm leaving because I hate the place.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,462
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning World. What happened to the beast from the east, turned tail and ran off here at the minute. Boss at GMC is about to reap his reward for being a twonk as I have a white envelope to give him saying stuff you son. Just accepted a day's only job with no corporate BS and almost the same salary. Enjoy your day I will. Downside today is telling 3 other companies thanks but no thanks for their offers. Oh well.
    Beast from the East? More like the Hysteria from Siberia. Bit chilly this morning but lovely clear skies and no snow. Out for a sneaky pint tonight so the weather had better not change its mind.

Well done Oxo again, always fun to do the deed on a company/boss you don't like.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,299 Lives Here
    oxoman wrote:

I've had the "if we offer you more money will you stay" - no, I'm leaving because I hate the place.
    I once handed my notice in as I wasn't getting anywhere only to be told they'd been talking about promoting me but decided against it because I was so good at what I did. Asked me to stay if they gave me the promotion. I politely pointed out that it was a bit late as I'd accepted another job and was going. They offered more money so I had to explain the notion of it being too little too late to them. I really enjoyed that even though it was a bit frustrating.
    So the lesson to learn from it is to do a sh!t job and you'll get promoted. Hasn't someone on here just had a big promotion? :lol:
    veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

I once handed my notice in as I wasn't getting anywhere only to be told they'd been talking about promoting me but decided against it because I was so good at what I did. Asked me to stay if they gave me the promotion. I politely pointed out that it was a bit late as I'd accepted another job and was going. They offered more money so I had to explain the notion of it being too little too late to them. I really enjoyed that even though it was a bit frustrating.
    So the lesson to learn from it is to do a sh!t job and you'll get promoted. Hasn't someone on here just had a big promotion? :lol:
    My ears are burning. Although surely if that were true, most people on this forum would be the Chief Execs of something or other :P
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    Well done oxo, you were getting too old for this night work lark anyway :D:wink:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

My ears are burning. Although surely if that were true, most people on this forum would be the Chief Execs of something or other :P
    When my wife was out the other day the kids promoted me to House Junior Vice President :D I was summarily demoted back to shopping donkey on her return 3 hours later :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

When my wife was out the other day the kids promoted me to House Junior Vice President :D I was summarily demoted back to shopping donkey on her return 3 hours later :roll:
    How true Seano, don't think it matters about how senior you are at work. My official titles at home are 'Cash Machine' and 'Gopher' (because I go for this and go for that) :roll:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,430
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    How true Seano, don't think it matters about how senior you are at work. My official titles at home are 'Cash Machine' and 'Gopher' (because I go for this and go for that) :roll:

Mine are "fatty", "baldy" and "stinky". :roll:
    Girl in shop was kinda cute but smelt funny. Very helpful and nice although I have/had no idea whatsoever what she was talking about so just nodded my head in agreement.

Now cold and killing time before taking bambino to swimming.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mrfpbmrfpb Posts: 4,385
    Just walked home in proper snow, as in can't see 100 yards ahead, slippery underfoot snow. I don't envy my OH who is driving to and from Guildford on back roads to pick up our daughter.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Kids are too honest sometimes :D

Don't worry, when they get a bit older the official titles will all be rolled into one: 'Embarrassing'.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,050
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Kids are too honest sometimes :D
    :)
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,655
    mrfpb wrote:
    Just walked home in proper snow, as in can't see 100 yards ahead, slippery underfoot snow. I don't envy my OH who is driving to and from Guildford on back roads to pick up our daughter.

Jack all down here had a flurry earlier most of the office tried to make excuses to go home.