Short Reach Handlebars

ScottLev10
ScottLev10 Posts: 16
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I'm looking into buying some new comfortable short reach handlebars and would like some suggestions. In particular, want to know what's the shortest reach drop handlebars available today. As someone who also has never felt quite right in the drops, something with a comfortable and accessible drop design would also be a factor. I like the look of the salsa poco handlebars, but they seem to be discontinued. Anyway, appreciate the advice!

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,618
    Deda Zero 100 are nice and pretty good value if you shop around. Not sure that they're the shortest reach bars available but they are fairly compact.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,586
    Alu or carbon?

Some Fsa bars are pretty compact.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    I'd go with Zipp SL-70 as they are pretty good, and have a good compact drop.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    philbar72 wrote:
    I'd go with Zipp SL-70 as they are pretty good, and have a good compact drop.
    These or PRO PLT Bars.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Ritchey WCS LOGIC series, I use them on my bikes good bars.
  • Zip as above are 70 iirc some bontrager ladies bars are about 65.
  • I'm curious if there's any shorter drop options. Anything 60mm reach or lower, or is that crazy talk?
  • Another vote for Zipp here. Haven't seen anything at 60mm though. Surely with a combo of stem and spacers you can get the right fit with 70mm?
  • Satori X-Race Aero. They actually measure to around 60mm reach centre-to-centre. Drop is 120mm.

The carbon bars are very comfy to me. Oval and sweptback top. Slight flare at drops.
  • List of bar specs here https://dev-www.velogicfit.com/fit-essentials/bars/
    Hint - search road and sort by shortest reach/sweep

Don't have the Satori bars in there. We're working on a updating the list with a few more brands.
  • ScottLev10 wrote:
    I'm curious if there's any shorter drop options. Anything 60mm reach or lower, or is that crazy talk?

You know that "drop" and "reach" are two different measurements on road bars, right?