Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Friday's frenzied finish.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning. What's with all the eco stuff flying at the moment. Just been informed my work patterns changing so just dropped my boss a bombshell and am now hurriedly job hunting.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
«13

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
    Because your work pattern was so good??????

    Mornin

    Dog and eldest child walked and now off to the offices that facilitate spuds for lunch

    Later is pub, but not local and I'm driving!!!!
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
    Made a point of planning everything around original pattern on rest days then get told to change to accommodate someone else having paid for everything. They dont want to play ball so stuff e-mail, TBH getting fed up of mushroom management treatment from above and GMC BS. Their loss not mine. Anyway forgot to mention earlier it's bloody raining again.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,929
    Morning, nice morning for a change,Tigger has had his 3 mile walk, I am having my breakfast with a nice cuppa, quote for work submitted, not sure if I have done the right thing
    Bike ride this morning
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,152
    Good luck with the job hunt. I did it last year and it turned out fine.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

    jeez :roll:
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,215
    'ning

    being lazy, no gym, go straight to cafe and collect 200 kcal, then wfh, finding many gmc annoyances at the moment, patience running short and it's only 4th day back, meh

    on the plus side, weekend forecast shows no sign of rain, imagine, rides with needing to hose stuff down afterwards, must be dreaming

    edit: last night's rainfree forecast has become a rainy one, ffs
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,755
    3rd day of the flu and starting to get bored.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • fat daddyfat daddy Posts: 2,605
    rain forecast .. wind blowing hard ..... yet my commute to work, apart from the headwind was a moonlit starry sky just turning blue with an epic cloud front rolling in towards me.

    Took the slate so lots of riding over bits of tree and debris from the storm

    Sad when you think about it .. the favorite part of my day is the commute to and from work ... wifey gets excited about a end of week bottle of wine tonight with dinner, I get excited about the pot holes
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
    seanoconn wrote:
    3rd day of the flu and starting to get bored.

    Time for midget porn?
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    fat daddy wrote:

    Sad when you think about it .. the favorite part of my day is the commute to and from work ... wifey gets excited about a end of week bottle of wine tonight with dinner, I get excited about the pot holes

    Sounds like you've got a pretty censored life then.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Top morning so far - all going according to plan, managed to teflon out of something, just going to have some brekkie, do some simple training on the compooter and then go to the gym. Sweet.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,626
    Good luck with the job hunting oxoman. Know what you mean about GMC BS.

    I thought my manflu was almost gone but felt rotten yesterday and this morning but thought fkit and cycled to work anyway to try and scare the bugs off.
    sungod wrote:
    imagine, rides with needing to hose stuff down afterwards, must be dreaming
    I've forgotten what that's like.
    It's forecasting subzero temperatures here for the weekend, however my weather app said it was 85% certain to be lashing down from 6am to 10am however the roads were just slightly damp.
    fat daddy wrote:
    Sad when you think about it .. the favorite part of my day is the commute to and from work
    That's still the case here, despite the potholes - they don't excite me. I think I've even put in my appraisal that the best bit about my job is the cycle to work.
  • fat daddyfat daddy Posts: 2,605
    fat daddy wrote:
    Sad when you think about it .. the favorite part of my day is the commute to and from work
    despite the potholes - they don't excite me. .

    not even when you get 3 in a row and the second you hop the first one, you need to imediately compress to hop the next and then again the second you land you have to imediately pop and clear the 3rd ... each time getting closer and closer to the edge ???? .. damn we need a smiley with hearts on
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,626
    fat daddy wrote:
    not even when you get 3 in a row and the second you hop the first one, you need to imediately compress to hop the next and then again the second you land you have to imediately pop and clear the 3rd ... each time getting closer and closer to the edge ???? .. damn we need a smiley with hearts on
    It's OK when you're on a full susser and get some decent air off them (or manual over them, that really upsets car drivers).
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    I have stopped bunny hopping on the winter bike due to lights and things going flying and mudguards getting squeakier as a result.

    Today all is calm and even a bit sunny on the wevver front. Might actually go and do some work but seen as I have toiled everyday of this year until today, I think i'm entitled to be on a go slow. Tomorrow OH at funeral/ Pedalling Sunday.
    Must chase up prescription and post that damn thing back.

    Oxo - Stevo tells me there is a market for male prossies.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Methinks VN is short of minions again and having to make his own tea. Not even a spare soul to dunk biscuits and put them in his mouth. It's a bad year already.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    pinno wrote:
    Oxo - Stevo tells me there is a market for male prossies.
    That was when you asked for career advice IIRC :)

    Oxo - good luck but I'm not much use in terms of job hunting unless you fancy being a tax minion.

    Pedalled in today - best get as many of these in as I can as I'll not be riding for a few weeks after my shoulder op which I'm still waiting to hear about. Had a meeting with one of the Tokyo big cheeses today and got another one this afternoon, lots of interesting stuff going on but probably means a fair bit of work that can't all be delegated due to confidentiality issues.

    In any event there's cold cider in fridge for this evening - 8.2% ABV.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    pinno wrote:
    I have stopped bunny hopping on the winter bike due to lights and things going flying and mudguards getting squeakier as a result.

    Today all is calm and even a bit sunny on the wevver front. Might actually go and do some work but seen as I have toiled everyday of this year until today, I think i'm entitled to be on a go slow. Tomorrow OH at funeral/ Pedalling Sunday.
    Must chase up prescription and post that damn thing back.

    Oxo - Stevo tells me there is a market for male prossies.

    Laters.

    Bunny hopping potholes I presume? A reason to get better fitting lights surely?

    Interview earlier appears to have gone swimmingly with a verbal offer
    Big pay rise - check
    Less hours - check
    better propects - check
    Training and development - check

    Needless to say I'm doing naff all now. drinks later for me!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,215
    step83 wrote:

    Interview earlier appears to have gone swimmingly with a verbal offer
    Big pay rise - check
    Less hours - check
    better propects - check
    Training and development - check

    Needless to say I'm doing naff all now. drinks later for me!


    :D
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    step83 wrote:
    Interview earlier appears to have gone swimmingly with a verbal offer
    Big pay rise - check
    Less hours - check
    better propects - check
    Training and development - check

    Needless to say I'm doing naff all now. drinks later for me!

    Congratulations!

    I've been out on sites this morning with was good, cold and crisp. Weather is looking fantastic for the weekend so I'm trying to decide which day to go up to Glencoe with the OH. I want to get out on the road bike this weekend/night ride tonight but worried about ice. Might continue the mtb trail building about my house instead, would be nice to have something to 'train' on. Currently booking some demo days for bikes I can't afford
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
    Well done Step, cheers for the comments folks. Fancy a change of scenery away from engineering and GMC VS so will see what happens, unfortunately 7 yrs to early for early retirement or major decrease in wages. Don't fancy being male prozzy again, done enough of this at GMC over the years.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Thanks all, Oxo, good time to change seems a lot of GMC's have adopted the mushroom management shape. Still lots of roles where what you've done is still relevant. Get a looking.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    step83 wrote:
    Interview earlier appears to have gone swimmingly with a verbal offer
    Big pay rise - check
    Less hours - check
    better propects - check
    Training and development - check

    Needless to say I'm doing naff all now. drinks later for me!

    Nice one Step!
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    step83 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    I have stopped bunny hopping on the winter bike due to lights and things going flying and mudguards getting squeakier as a result.

    Today all is calm and even a bit sunny on the wevver front. Might actually go and do some work but seen as I have toiled everyday of this year until today, I think i'm entitled to be on a go slow. Tomorrow OH at funeral/ Pedalling Sunday.
    Must chase up prescription and post that damn thing back.

    Oxo - Stevo tells me there is a market for male prossies.

    Laters.

    Bunny hopping potholes I presume? A reason to get better fitting lights surely?

    Interview earlier appears to have gone swimmingly with a verbal offer
    Big pay rise - check
    Less hours - check
    better propects - check
    Training and development - check

    Needless to say I'm doing naff all now. drinks later for me!

    Sweeeeeeet - congrats.

    Obermayers all round!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    step83 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    I have stopped bunny hopping on the winter bike due to lights and things going flying and mudguards getting squeakier as a result.

    Today all is calm and even a bit sunny on the wevver front. Might actually go and do some work but seen as I have toiled everyday of this year until today, I think i'm entitled to be on a go slow. Tomorrow OH at funeral/ Pedalling Sunday.
    Must chase up prescription and post that damn thing back.

    Oxo - Stevo tells me there is a market for male prossies.

    Laters.

    Bunny hopping potholes I presume? A reason to get better fitting lights surely?

    Interview earlier appears to have gone swimmingly with a verbal offer
    Big pay rise - check
    Less hours - check
    better propects - check
    Training and development - check

    Needless to say I'm doing naff all now. drinks later for me!
    Good result - what I usually aim for.

    Got minions as well? That would be icing on the cake.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,215
    edited January 2018
    don't have minions, these days you have to look after them and put up with hr, tupe, law etc.

    once you get to minions' minions, and minions' minions' minions, and beyond, it's just a constant stream of cack

    dotted lines to someone else's minions is much better, that way you get the fun and they get the admin
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,455 Lives Here
    Evening folks,
    Had a very lazy day. Man flu got the better of me so I went back to bed for a while, been binge watching Game of Thrones most of the day. Checked emails a couple of times and took down some of the Christmas decorations. Could do with some more drugs and a kip now.
    Well done Step, good luck Oxo.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    veronese68 wrote:
    Evening folks,
    Had a very lazy day. Man flu got the better of me so I went back to bed for a while, been binge watching Game of Thrones most of the day. Checked emails a couple of times and took down some of the Christmas decorations. Could do with some more drugs and a kip now.
    Well done Step, good luck Oxo.

    Any masturbation to go with the man flu? Seems to be the norm on here.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    Xmas decs nixed.
    Chinese on the way.
    Cold ipa being enthusiastically slurped.
  • crumbschiefcrumbschief Posts: 3,400
    ballysmate wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Evening folks,
    Had a very lazy day. Man flu got the better of me so I went back to bed for a while, been binge watching Game of Thrones most of the day. Checked emails a couple of times and took down some of the Christmas decorations. Could do with some more drugs and a kip now.
    Well done Step, good luck Oxo.

    Any masturbation to go with the man flu? Seems to be the norm on here.

    Yeah deffo pull till it's red n shiny eh,i wonder if Father Christmas said that to Rudolph.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Xmas decs nixed.
    Chinese on the way.
    Cold ipa being enthusiastically slurped.


    I’m on the IPA as well - Edwyn’s home brew.

    Just finished watching MM&D with TDWKSNW after a steak, venison and vin rouge dinner. Even did a bit of sitting on the floor, listenin* to music and chatting over a glass of red with TDV like we were 21 again......., it were lovely it were.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
Sign In or Register to comment.