Laura Plummer and Tramadol

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    but he's not a convicted drug dealer in Egypt.

Case of the " social class woe is me" methinks

Come come, surely an easy legal ride is one of the privileges of being a member of the upper classes? Rather than be envious it is something to aspire to leave for your heirs.

Why should I aspire to something I already have? It's a heavy burden but I carry it well, don't you know.

Anyhow, no matter her social standing or background, she's still a rubbish convicted drug smuggler doing time in the country she was caught in, so unfortunately the apologists here will just have to seethe and fume while the cogs of justice churn towards her release date.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I'm almost enjoying the apologists squirming to try and get around the fact she's been sentenced for drug smuggling in Egypt according to their laws. Add in their whinge about some unrelated case which involved a person sentenced after due legal process in Germany and UK for crimes ranging from white collar crime to malicious communication. Threatening to get someone to kill another person or seems is a crime with a sentencing guidelines. I'm guessing they were followed. As much as you might not like the viscount he's in the same situation as this stupid drug dealer in that he's been tried by the legitimate courts in the country of the crime according to the law. They have both been sentenced according to defined sentencing guidelines.

How can you get around the facts? Laws, courts, due process, etc. Do you support them or not? If due process hasn't been followed then please give your evidence. I'm certain her legal team would appreciate your information.
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm bemused by the apologists suggesting that the rubbish drug smuggler who was caught smuggling drugs because she was rubbish at smuggling drugs was prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned in the country she was caught in following due process and under the sentencing guidelines of that country and not one of her choosing.

I also like the fact that her family missed the sentencing because their taxi driver got lost. How is that even possible?

It's like a calamity of errors, the first one being decision to try and smuggle drugs into another country, the second choosing to do so even though she was not being a very good drug smuggler.

It's almost like they saying "she's English. She's too good to be in prison there"

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    I'm bemused by the apologists suggesting that the rubbish drug smuggler who was caught smuggling drugs because she was rubbish at smuggling drugs was prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned in the country she was caught in following due process and under the sentencing guidelines of that country and not one of her choosing.

I also like the fact that her family missed the sentencing because their taxi driver got lost. How is that even possible?

It's like a calamity of errors, the first one being decision to try and smuggle drugs into another country, the second choosing to do so even though she was not being a very good drug smuggler.

It's almost like they saying "she's English. She's too good to be in prison there"

Same thought process for those that voted for Brexit. Great Britain , empire, cricket, mentally masturbating about a Britain which never existed, everyone else needs us....... :lol:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Her family were on GMB this morning. I'm still struggling to see why it's got elements of the media frothing at the mouth. She has broken the law of a foreign country (no-one seems to be trying to argue this isn't a fact) and has been tried and sentenced under that country's laws where she will also serve out her time. From my understanding the sentence is at the more lenient end of the scale so the relatively minor level of her crime has already been taken into account.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pross wrote:
    Her family were on GMB this morning. I'm still struggling to see why it's got elements of the media frothing at the mouth. She has broken the law of a foreign country (no-one seems to be trying to argue this isn't a fact) and has been tried and sentenced under that country's laws where she will also serve out her time. From my understanding the sentence is at the more lenient end of the scale so the relatively minor level of her crime has already been taken into account.

Were they gibbering about anything in particular or just how their rubbish drug smuggler of a child is in prison for a crime she committed (unlike the A Team)?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The interview I saw, her sister was going on about how she just works in a shop and comes home and watches TV every day - doesn't drink, doesn't smoke etc. Leading a mundane life (international drug smuggling aside) is not exactly a mitigating circumstance.

And it's not pronounced "Ermar".
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Sounds like the 3 years in jail will be more exciting than her everyday life, maybe she'll want to stay longer.
  • I like that her family are ignoring the fact that she has also broken a law in this country too.
    She has 290 illegally obtained tablets; a Class C drug with intent to supply.
    She wouldn't have got any jail time, but you can't use ignorance as a defence in a court of law.
    I wonder if the police will follow this up by questioning her supplier/friend? :wink:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    I like that her family are ignoring the fact that she has also broken a law in this country too.
    She wouldn't have got any jail time, but you can't use ignorance as a defence in a court of law.
    I wonder if the police will follow this up by questioning her supplier/friend? :wink:

Anyone who flies should be asking how could she could smuggle out of this country 300 tablets, for which she had no grounds or paperwork to have?
    I thought airport security was supposed to be amongst "the best in the world" here in the UK ?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Lookyhere wrote:
    I like that her family are ignoring the fact that she has also broken a law in this country too.

Anyone who flies should be asking how could she could smuggle out of this country 300 tablets, for which she had no grounds or paperwork to have?
    I thought airport security was supposed to be amongst "the best in the world" here in the UK ?

Seriously? You think airport security is there to check you have a valid prescription for any tablets you may be carrying?
  • Ben6899
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Lookyhere wrote:

Seriously? You think airport security is there to check you have a valid prescription for any tablets you may be carrying?

Bally is right (I need a lie down). Many people travel with many quantities of legally acquired prescription drugs. If airport security were tasked with checking every passenger, who's carrying more than 20 Panadols, for their relevant prescription then we'd never get off the ground.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    A recent addition to my (several) prescriptions turns out to be a controlled drug, so I'm going to have to bear that in mind when travelling in future :shock:
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Lookyhere wrote:

Yes seriously, 300 tabs is a heck of a lot and fine if genuine medicine but what if its not?

Last time i flew, things like water, shampoo, even my GF hand-cream, all binned unless bought air-side.

Controlled medication has strict rules on how its packed, to be carried in hand luggage and a valid prescription is a must, no more than 3 months supply either, she appears to have broken these rules with impunity.

Everything bit of luggage is screened these days, so i think its valid to ask why this amount of medicine was allowed through, we arent talking a blister pack of Aspirin.
  • ballysmate
    Lookyhere wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Lookyhere wrote:

Yes seriously, 300 tabs is a heck of a lot and fine if genuine medicine but what if its not?

Last time i flew, things like water, shampoo, even my GF hand-cream, all binned unless bought air-side.

Controlled medication has strict rules on how its packed, to be carried in hand luggage and a valid prescription is a must, no more than 3 months supply either, she appears to have broken these rules with impunity.

Everything bit of luggage is screened these days, so i think its valid to ask why this amount of medicine was allowed through, we arent talking a blister pack of Aspirin.

All liquids. Liquids restricted because of theoretical risk of being able to be combined to form explosive/noxious substance.
    As soon as terrorists work out how to take control/bring down a plane with a blister pack of paracetamol, you can bet pills will become a no-no as well.
  • Ben6899
    Lookyhere wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Lookyhere wrote:

I have carried medication when flying (pills). It is, of course, in the proper boxes and in my hand luggage in case my checked luggage goes missing. Never shown a prescription or been asked for one.
    Ben

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    The one consolling grace for the observer of this situation is that if the fatal attraction between this pair is ever going to be consumated then I hope that he has not caught sight of the mother who is a monstrosity that Laura will evolve into.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    FishFish wrote:
    The one consolling grace for the observer of this situation is that if the fatal attraction between this pair is ever going to be consumated then I hope that he has not caught sight of the mother who is a monstrosity that Laura will evolve into.

Well, she ain't exactly TDN at the mo' and that's before a lifetime of cheap booze, fags, deep fried food and a 3 year sentence have got to her.

Naomi wilkinson. Now I'd smuggle 20 Paracetamol and some Immodium for her.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    Lookyhere wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Lookyhere wrote:

Further to my above reply, when you pass through security, the clue is in the name. The staff have no power of search, never mind power to seize suspected drugs. They are security staff.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Further to my above reply, when you pass through security, the clue is in the name. The staff have no power of search, never mind power to seize suspected drugs. They are security staff.

Learn something everyday on here.
  • ballysmate
    mamba80 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Learn something everyday on here.

Glad to help with your education. :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

Any info on how she managed that? I'd have thought it would be fairly difficult to get that number of Tramadol by mis-use of prescriptions.

I tend to be a bit sympathetic of her plight but really it is just an anthropogenic form of natural selection. Crap things are more likely to happen to idiots because it is in the interests of evolution for them to happen.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Ben6899
    Rolf F wrote:

Any info on how she managed that? I'd have thought it would be fairly difficult to get that number of Tramadol by mis-use of prescriptions.

I tend to be a bit sympathetic of her plight but really it is just an anthropogenic form of natural selection. Crap things are more likely to happen to idiots because it is in the interests of evolution for them to happen.

Ask friends to go to the GP, feigning really bad musculoskeletal pain? Then combine the stash to make up the ~300 tablets?

I don't have any sympathy as a meds user who has had to jump through hoops to keep the repeat ongoing... and she's swanned over to North Africa with ~300 tablets (an unprecedented amount in the UK for one person to carry and a highly valuable, illegal amount in Egypt). No sympathy whatsoever, but I find the Darwinism on display rather fascinating - it could perpetuate throughout the whole Plummer dynasty.
    Ben

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Ben6899 wrote:

I don't have any sympathy as a meds user who has had to jump through hoops to keep the repeat ongoing... and she's swanned over to North Africa with ~300 tablets (an unprecedented amount in the UK for one person to carry and a highly valuable, illegal amount in Egypt). No sympathy whatsoever, but I find the Darwinism on display rather fascinating - it could perpetuate throughout the whole Plummer dynasty.

How valuable?

Newspapers say £25, what do you say?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Ben6899
    How valuable?

I answered this question on page 7. The last time you asked me.
    Ben

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Ask friends to go to the GP, feigning really bad musculoskeletal pain? Then combine the stash to make up the ~300 tablets?

This is it - I can see you getting some easily enough but 300 odd? It's pretty lethal if you aren't used to it so I'd have thought any initial prescription would be preceded by less extreme alternatives and even after that has been tried the tramadol only doled out in very small quantities.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Ben6899 wrote:
    How valuable?

Well there's so much crap it got lost.

I posted a link earlier which suggested £25 was ball park a couple of years ago. Hell of a jump to several grand - you sure you haven't been ripped off?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 wrote:
    How valuable?

Well there's so much crap it got lost.

I posted a link earlier which suggested £25 was ball park a couple of years ago. Hell of a jump to several grand - you sure you haven't been ripped off?

Oh you'd have to ask the lads at The Economist.
    In 2015, Tramadol in Egypt was selling at $3 a pill. So she was carrying $900 worth, or - by today's FX rate - £670. Egypt average household income is less than around $5000 or £3700.

https://www.economist.com/news/middle-e ... k-and-play

£25 probably refers to 3no. 100pill prescriptions at a touch over £8 each.

I don't buy my meds on the black market; I get them through the legit avenues.
    Ben

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

you ll be saddened to know the latest is she ll serve about 14months and moved to a cushy jail too.... even if her appeal fails so get campaigning to have her sentence looked at again ...... and lengthened :lol:

14months is about right, esp considering she faces a criminal record in this country too, so another unemployed from East Yorkshire we can all pay towards :roll: though no doubt soon she ll be on Celeb get me out of here..... :lol::lol::lol:
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    She's not found herself on that now?!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris