Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Boris in Tehran. What could possibly happen?

slowmartslowmart Posts: 3,809
edited December 2017 in The cake stop
:shock:
And God created the bicycle, so that man could use it as a means for work and to help him negotiate life's complicated journey.

Posts

  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,904
    Hopefully they'll keep him.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 11,096
    Part of TM’s master plan?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • They can have him in exchange for Nazanin .

    I’m sure we’ll campaign hard for his release.
  • mamba80mamba80 Posts: 5,086
    If he can pay the Iranians for the tanks we owe them, sign a few trade deals, then she might get released and he ll be the next great white hope!

    He may be capable of being a prize clown to the gallery but he is also very clever.

    For this poor woman's sake, i hope he pulls it off.
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,238
    Great analysis by the great professors of international relations.
    This is not about this one woman and the daily mail campaign that you seem to assiduously take as the truth. It is about dual nationality citizens. This is a problem with Arab States (and Israel to a lesser extent).
    This woman did not unwittingly end up on holiday in Iran. She went there deliberately holding a second nationality. Iran has been subject to foreign national interest including killing and kidnapping of nuclear scientists - and don't forget that the UK accepts that the nuclear development work is for power not weapons.
    The foreign secretary is going there because holds that position and because Iran is not a trivial state - and because, as has been said, we are wrong footed on this one. But it is not about this woman.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

    jeez :roll:
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,904
    I only said I hope they keep him, which I still hope. Or he finds a camel to love and emigrates.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 16,949
    FishFish wrote:
    Great analysis by the great professors of international relations.
    This is not about this one woman and the daily mail campaign that you seem to assiduously take as the truth. It is about dual nationality citizens. This is a problem with Arab States (and Israel to a lesser extent).
    This woman did not unwittingly end up on holiday in Iran. She went there deliberately holding a second nationality. Iran has been subject to foreign national interest including killing and kidnapping of nuclear scientists - and don't forget that the UK accepts that the nuclear development work is for power not weapons.
    The foreign secretary is going there because holds that position and because Iran is not a trivial state - and because, as has been said, we are wrong footed on this one. But it is not about this woman.
    Not sure that's important to your point, but Iran is not an Arab state. Of course she didn't unintentionally go to Iran, she has family there. Who travels anywhere unintentionally? But yes, obviously it's about more than her.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,900
    Is the xxxxer banged up yet?
  • pblakeney wrote:
    Part of TM’s master plan?
    She's just given a statement in parliament that he was there teaching journalists how to write opinion pieces in a free press.

    Five years later Boris is released from prison!
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 11,096
    Only the 5? :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Isn't that the sentence of that lass he's over there to talk about. Seems appropriate that he's there as long as she is.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 11,096
    Isn't that the sentence of that lass he's over there to talk about. Seems appropriate that he's there as long as she is.
    I would suggest that he stay there for double the time she does.
    His fault. (From what I have read).
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    I heard he went to see Phil the Greek for diplomacy lessons before the trip.
  • How on earth did he become Foreign Secretary? If this isn't the Eaton and Oxford boys club nepotism, I don't know what is.

    I can't think of anyone else who would be such an embarrassment to the UK when meeting other nations.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • imposter2.0imposter2.0 Posts: 10,842
    FishFish wrote:
    Great analysis by the great professors of international relations.

    Whereas....
    FishFish wrote:
    The foreign secretary is going there because holds that position and because Iran is not a trivial state - and because, as has been said, we are wrong footed on this one. But it is not about this woman.

    ...huge insight... :lol::lol:
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,900
    How on earth did he become Foreign Secretary? If this isn't the Eaton and Oxford boys club nepotism, I don't know what is.

    I can't think of anyone else who would be such an embarrassment to the UK when meeting other nations.
    Is that Water Eaton near Oxford Parkway station? :wink:

    Close run thing with that Trump ar5elicker Garage.
  • cyclecliniccycleclinic Posts: 6,863
    It would appear his minders kept him in check. No reported blunders. boris can it appears behave himself sometimes.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 11,096
    ... boris can it appears behave himself sometimes.
    Yoda speak? :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • john80john80 Posts: 878
    Yeah lets forget about Iran's past international affairs. State sponsored bombing of commercial jets. Major human rights infractions. Kidnapping sailors in international waters both service and private individuals. Jailing people for made up crimes. What is not to like.

    Has anyone noticed that they follow the same pattern of behaviour. Feel that the West or other nations is not respecting them and their lofty views. Go on a spree to gain leverage. Get an apology form another state for their obvious indiscretion then release the leverage they held.

    This lady is just a pawn in their often repeated game. They want returned some funds in the millions that have been seized as part of sanctions. Solution is to arrest a British citizen and mother and then watch the press publicise the clear injustice of the situation. Whilst Boris has not helped the situation neither has the family by going public as they have against foreign office advice they are playing the game just as the Iranians had planned when the started the game.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,900
    ^ I give you USS Vincennes and IranAir 655. Bad stuff happens on all sides.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655
Sign In or Register to comment.