Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Friday,s snow go

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,364
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning All. No snow, dad's taxi shortly but favour returned later when I go for a beer or three.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• sungodsungod Posts: 12,214
    'ning

no gym due to laziness, cafe, wfh, bit of crimbo shopping and wrapping

temperature seems to be plummeting, just hope it stays dry and ice free for the weekend
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,750
    Morning, no snow here ,just a biting cold wind and frost, I think a trip to the lion and snake will be in order today, although the Christmas market is into day2, so I best stay out of the way , will be going to the peacock instead :D
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,631
    Trains are a bit screwed up this morning so still sat on one. At least it's warm and I have a seat. A large coffee beckons when I get to the office.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    At home due to sick bambino, so bit of a weights session and that’s it. Very dull really and not really looking forward to wasting a day off just stuck around the house.

May set up the bike on the turbo trainer and do a bit of garage re-arrangement, but I can’t actually promise to use the turbo trainer........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Half an inch of snow at home, I cleared my car so I could see where I was driving don't understand why others can't. No snow a mile of home though, just wet.

Chaos on the drive into work, more so than usual. Should've MTFU and cycled to the train station between the horizontal hail showers.

Expecting a quiet day today.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Definitely on the bracing side as I wobbled in this morning. Park still shut, getting very boring. Quiet in the office today as a couple of people are off, later is cafe to eat my bodyweight in dead pig and to line my stomach for drinks later. Unfortunately have to work late as all the others want to slope off early. Need to get ahead on hours as will need a couple of late starts next week.
    I'm surrounded by idiots, how do these people get through life?
    I cleared my car so I could see where I was driving don't understand why others can't.
    That's something that really gets my goat. Now got a Ford with a heated windscreen, that is a thing of joy.
  • I had the day off. Yay!!!

I don't get paid for the day off. Booooooo!!!!

I took the day off to accompany Significant Other to hospital for tests. Results = good (so far). Yay!!!!!

I have picked up a flu/cold/sore throat virus thing. Booooooooo!!!!!!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,243
    It will be all white on the night....

No idea whether my roofing sheets will arrive today. Meh, must go work.
    Maybe sledging at the weekend with toots.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
    Sooooooo bored and it’s only 10:12. Bored. May eat something - that will pass 10 minutes of my life.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,462
    No snow down here I think, though it's pretty chilly.

Mini H3's Christmas production this morning, which was lovely. I love that the kids all get to participate in a production.

Seeing V68 and some of the commuters later for a Christmas drink, then hopefully a quiet weekend, though I have no doubt Mrs H3 will insist that we all rush about like blue-arsed flies to no discernible purpose or benefit.
    Pizza, garlic bread and and IPA lunch. Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is this afternoon’s entertainment.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    A tiny bit of snow over night, more on the hills. I have just got back from looking at some trees, beautiful blue skies and a few inches of snow up there, lovely. Had a nice 30 minute drive back to 'civilisation', order at a drive-through for lunch only to find my wallet is nowhere to be seen. Drove all the way back up to the woods to find it lying in the snow where I had dropped it. Thankfully I was driving like a censored in the woods/snow so it fell off the car during the first big drift in the turning circle

Not much planned for the weekend, meant to be building mountain bike tracks as we have the Scottish enduro series coming back next year but the lead blokey doesn't think he will be able to make it. A few beers and a lie-in might be had this weekend, not at the same time obviously...
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,074
    Meant to have cycled in but the snow was really bad first thing

Later is out in Chester for the wife's Christmas party - should be painful
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    I'm not involved in the OH's Christmas party tonight, I've even got out of doing lifts so I'm going to keep the fire going, drink a bottle of wine or two and sit in my pants with the dog. Might watch a dreadful film or play guitar really loudly. Bliss.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,669
    No sky censored here nor sign of it dry cold an quite clear,

Day spent deciding which mince pie was best, thus far we have excluded many pretenders including ones with icing, ive settled on Morrison's the best deep filled ones, mainly because they smell and taste of brandy.

Pub later so sampling shall continue no doubt.
    4 hours logging in intermittent blizzards. Pity that wood won't be properly seasoned for a couple of years. Lower back and hip hurts.
    Roofing sheets arrived but to windy to install.

I decided I would drive the Tranny in the snow as it's less expensive to fix than the other old bangers I own.
    Weekend on toots watch unless snow curtails OH's work. Here's hoping.
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,074
    Had to dump my car halfway across town as it wasn't moving. Hope it's better tomorrow
    haydenm wrote:
    so I'm going to keep the fire going, drink a bottle of wine or two and sit in my pants with the dog. Might watch a dreadful film or play guitar really loudly. Bliss.

:D

Surely this is almost every man's idea of bliss?
    hopkinb wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    so I'm going to keep the fire going, drink a bottle of wine or two and sit in my pants with the dog. Might watch a dreadful film or play guitar really loudly. Bliss.

Just add hookers and blow?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    haydenm wrote:

Hookers and blow on a Friday. Wine, pants and dog on a Saturday.

Left V68 in the pub with a lady commuter.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    haydenm wrote:

POIDH
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    haydenm wrote:

POIDH

I have no pics. To be fair, I left him with a couple of blokes too.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    haydenm wrote:

Was she wearing lycra?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    haydenm wrote:

POIDH

I have no pics. To be fair, I left him with a couple of blokes too.

He likes things 'spicy;.
    W - Wiggle Honda

Silly conversation Number #1 with Shorty (5), 2 Sunday's ago:

S - "I want to go to Mabie Farm Park"
    M - " But it will be shut and it's dark"
    S - "I'll take a torch"
    M - "How you going to get there?"
    S - "I'm going to walk"
    M - "You'll have to climb the fence when you get there. Perhaps you could pretend to be a goat."
    S - "A goat?! Will they put me in the barn?"

Silly conversation Number '#2, today:

M - "So what did you do at school today?"
    S - "We learnt about Jesus. They put him on a 'ex' and deaded him!".
    W - Wiggle Honda

• pinno wrote:
    Silly conversation Number #1 with Shorty (5), 2 Sunday's ago:

S - "I want to go to Mabie Farm Park"
    M - " But it will be shut and it's dark"
    S - "I'll take a torch"
    M - "How you going to get there?"
    S - "I'm going to walk"
    M - "You'll have to climb the fence when you get there. Perhaps you could pretend to be a goat."
    S - "A goat?! Will they put me in the barn?"

Silly conversation Number '#2, today:

M - "So what did you do at school today?"
    S - "We learnt about Jesus. They put him on a 'ex' and deaded him!".

Makes more sense than the Project Management review meetings I sit through.