Kids bike new stage?

ry33
ry33 Posts: 27
Hey

My son is 5ys 3 months he currently has a Frog 48 bike, rides most weekends when we’re out with the dog.

I think he’s starting to look a little big for it. Website says this is for 4-5 years but others say up to 7/8 years. It’s 16” wheels and 9.6” frame, suitable min leg size 48cm.

He is 120cm height, 50cm inside leg, looking at Islabikes he would be ok for the Beinn 20 large which is equivalent too the Frog 55 (20” wheels, 11” frame) min 52-55cm

Not sure if this is going to be too much of a jump up in size etc just now, I was going to look at this when he turns 6 in September, he got the Frog 48 bike when he was 4 but I think waiting until his birthday may be a little too long so thought Xmas bike might be better?

Any suggestions

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Ignore ages for sizing bikes - adult bikes don't come in age sizes do they ... ?!

I'd suggest 50cm inside leg, he should be absolutely fine on the Frog48 - where's he looking big? They are more upright for a reason (Islabikes did a video on that reason on FB) - I'd hold off till Sept ... or talk to frog bikes to see what they say about sizing. (says he who has just bought an Islabike for his 2 1/2yo ... ;) )
  • Slowbike wrote:
    Ignore ages for sizing bikes - adult bikes don't come in age sizes do they ... ?!

I'd suggest 50cm inside leg, he should be absolutely fine on the Frog48 - where's he looking big? They are more upright for a reason (Islabikes did a video on that reason on FB) - I'd hold off till Sept ... or talk to frog bikes to see what they say about sizing. (says he who has just bought an Islabike for his 2 1/2yo ... ;) )

Biking interest really starts when you are still a kid......
  • Finally, a family bike you can fit to your needs. Shipping Stage. Shipping Stage.