monday in an unfeeling eternity, our only hope is the kittens

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,523
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee and mince pie, lay out how sd stuff for gmc punter of gmc will be done correctly in this universe, i.e. my way
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Sat on the train now - managed to grab a seat despite the trains being generally a bit fubarred this morning. All packed for Poland - hotel stop tonight then an early flight with some cheapo airline I've never heard of before. The only other direct flight was Ryanair, mind.

Onwards to coffee, work and bossing :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    GOOD MORNING

Warm today -- absolutely cooking in my long sleeve top and winter gloves.

Still some cakes left in the office from last Friday, that's breakfast sorted.
  • sungod
    soggy ride to gmc

mince pie ok, though structural integrity was marginal
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Damp and warm ride negotiated successfully. This morning I am judging the savoury items baked in our department bake-off. Then Brexit planning. Which tbh seems like digging one's own grave.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Also managed a warm and moist ride in, warm and moist has it's place and that's not on my ride to work. I wish I was judging baked goodness this morning. Not much going on in here today, need to get ahead of myself if possible as I'm off tomorrow to take the old man to hospital. I'm now three cups of tea down so it'll be time for a coffee soon.
    onwards and upwards...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sat on the train now - managed to grab a seat despite the trains being generally a bit fubarred this morning. All packed for Poland - hotel stop tonight then an early flight with some cheapo airline I've never heard of before. The only other direct flight was Ryanair, mind.

Aeroflop? It's all part of an international conspiracy by a consortium of leftiebolloxers and disgruntled minions to get rid of you. You'll, see, you will be the only one on the plane and when you see 2 pilots and an air hostess blonde* parachuting out mid flight...

*Always comes with a black box.

Me waiting on global mega corp banking group to finalise a BACS payment and then hi ho, hi ho it's off to,,, you know the rest.
    Might be buying an ex Yuppie toy from the late 80's this week. :D

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Excellent morning so far although I did have to drive in but have had a nice weights session but now starving so will have to go foraging for food.

As I have also worked out how to post images, have some of this to brighten your morning.

p01jxpkc.jpg?quality=60&mode=crop&width=700&height=422
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Slightly hung over this morning due to drinking some funny red stuff last night.

Weather is rubbish so an hour in the virtual world beckons.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Lasts nights quick pint went wrong as friends turned up - oh well

Today was a mixed commute with the last five odd on the bike

Later is walking with the wife whilst kids are in yuff club, dinner will probably a sandwich as the kitchen is in chaos
  • hopkinb
    The winner in today's bake off is amazing. A slightly cheesy muffin, studded with bits of bacon and sausage, with a quail's egg baked in, then all topped with a potato rosti.

Lovely pic of NOONATN. She's a smasher.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Aeroflop? It's all part of an international conspiracy by a consortium of leftiebolloxers and disgruntled minions to get rid of you. You'll, see, you will be the only one on the plane and when you see 2 pilots and an air hostess blonde* parachuting out mid flight...

*Always comes with a black box.

Me waiting on global mega corp banking group to finalise a BACS payment and then hi ho, hi ho it's off to,,, you know the rest.
    Might be buying an ex Yuppie toy from the late 80's this week. :D

Laters.
    Nope, some outfit called Wizzair. From Luton. FFS. Let's hope it's right on time...

You could be right about a conspiracy, apart from not sure why anyone would have a motive :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Doomed if its Luton, wheels will get nicked off the plane an your suitcase (if it has them)

dank day down south, but slightly north of Lutonshire office is akin to a fridge today someone cant work out how the plus button works on the heating system clearly.
    Later shall be panic gift thinking for the other half. Birthday Friday an I doubt a pack of crisps will cut it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just having a chicken and mushroom pot noodle and a steak and onion pie for lunch.

Body/temple.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nope, some outfit called Wizzair. From Luton. FFS. Let's hope it's right on time...

luton? that's grim, i always fly lot for poland, fairly civilized, cabin crew usually come round with free prince polo bars (plain choc wafer, they are good)

the 'bolero' lounge in the non-schengen area is quite comfy, usually a good range of snacks, and more prince polo bars
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Doomed if its Luton, wheels will get nicked off the plane an your suitcase (if it has them)

dank day down south, but slightly north of Lutonshire office is akin to a fridge today someone cant work out how the plus button works on the heating system clearly.
    Later shall be panic gift thinking for the other half. Birthday Friday an I doubt a pack of crisps will cut it.

Lutonshire?! Interesting. You don't know a bloke called Adrian Darby do you? He's one of them programmer bloke thingy's.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Just having a chicken and mushroom pot noodle and a steak and onion pie for lunch.

Body/temple.
    In a similar vein. One of the retail lot has just bought a couple of sharing boxes of chicken nuggets, seemed rude not to.
  • hopkinb
    I've had my first mince pie of the year. It was a mince pie crossed with a cake. Provenance Costco I believe. Not bad, not bad at all. I have eaten way too much today. I feel sick.
  • sungod
    tonight i'm making my infamous gnocchi del diavolo con polpette di carne

it's relentless, some have wept after a single mouthful
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

Body/temple.
    In a similar vein. One of the retail lot has just bought a couple of sharing boxes of chicken nuggets, seemed rude not to.

any dipping sauce?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:

recipe please.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

recipe please.

seconded.
  • sungod
    only takes a few minutes, it's very simple fare, not a dish for those that like sauce

in parallel:
    ... cook gnocchi
    ... cook meatballs
    ...finely chop several chillis, gently fry in a smidge of oil, together with some halved cherry tomatoes

time cooking to bring all to perfection at the same moment, toss gnocchi in pan with the chillis and tomatoes to coat them, serve

add a side salad if you want to give people something to ease the heat
  • Matthewfalle
    hmmmm - interesting .......... i shall try.

H3 - wine suggestion please.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    for wine, only the most robust of reds, there's absolutely no point in subtlety

per portion... one cherry tomato per meatball is about right, and 3-4 chillis, every morsel should have it's own piece of chilli, chop them sideways, cook with the seeds of course

mrs s doesn't like it as it's "too dry", but on my own tonight so i get to do exactly how i like it

this type of chilli works well, they're about 4-5cm long...

fresh-green-chilli-g4-243977.jpg
  • hopkinb
    With all that chilli? Beer. Though people say something white and aromatic with a bit of sweetness works with hot Asian food, so a spätlese Riesling perhaps?

Cheers for the recipe sungod. Sounds like one for my home alone nights too.
  • hopkinb
    Or something ripe, red and rough from the south, Sicily for preference. Primitivo, Nero d'avola. That sort of thing, but bung it in the fridge for 20 mins.
  • Matthewfalle
    Coolio - I will probably go for cold beer option. Looking forward to this - grazie.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Coolio - I will probably go for cold Concorde option. Looking forward to beans on toast - grazie.

FTFY.

"...off shore bank account'...'Tiagra'... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Coolio - I will probably go for cold Concorde option. Looking forward to beans on toast - grazie.

FTFY.

"...off shore bank account'...'Tiagra'... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Just think what he'd be buying if it was an onshore account :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

FTFY.

"...off shore bank account'...'Campagnolo'... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FTFY

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.