'ning

gym, cafe, dentist, cafe, wfh, sooooooo tired

still nippy
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Morning

Yesterday's good plan of a night work in the woods was shelved due to the weather, so waited for the rugrats to finish yuff club in the local :)

Today is meetings in and around brum and then hopefully the rollers later
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads
    Raining here, will the weather forecasters ever get the weather right, so it looks like the leafs will be starting on the garden for another day.
    Winter bike will be in use today
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,545
    gym and back was not as nippy as expected, but some of the nippy has been replaced with some soggy

off to cafe
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Single speed slog this morning ... considered taking a bike with mudguards, but as its all up hill I decided I would never get up enough speed to spray water up my back ...... my pathetic fitness didnt let me down, got to work nice and dry .

now to spend the morning googling gopros and cannondales
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning of tat so hopefully will get a weights sesh around lunchtime.

Just going to grab a coffee and watch Naomi for ten mins or so.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Not raining here but it was definitely a bit moist last night.

Window cleaner has upgraded to pole and line. He arrived in the close at 8.15am and is still not finished. Before, he would be collecting cash prior to 9am. He also says he's '3 weeks behind'. Progress eh?!

Must go finish off fitting woodburner me. Cross fingers i'll have some pics in the PPP thread ;later.

Lunch will be a BLT, jammy doughnut and a selection of ridge cut crisps and faux kit kat washed down with pain killers and Cranberry juice. Oh what fun.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Day 2 of back at work, and my stocks of Zen are almost fully depleted already. How did the world suddenly become so full of numpty muppets? I endured a half hour presentation from someone who seemed genuinely thrilled that you could now cross-link the Issue Register to the Risk Matrix. The interactive pie chart was positively sublime.

:roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Tailwind assisted rapidity, quite warm out. Looking forward to eating something - I might take a trip to Burrito Joe's for a large pulled pork burrito. That's going to be the highlight of the day I think, though Tuesday's Times crossword has been distinctly chewy over the past few weeks, with a couple of DNFs, so that could provide some interest while I spill burrito down my front.

Hill repeats later as well, so that'll be fun. Mrs H3 - "why do you climb up those hills every week?" H3 - "to make me a little bit faster over a short distance than other people I might or might not come across on my commute." Mrs H3 - "you're a bit of a tw@t really aren't you?" H3 - " :shock: "
  • fat daddy wrote:
    got to work nice and dry .

now to spend the morning googling gopros and cannondales
    Pinno wrote:

I see Britain's hard workers arrive and almost immediately log on to Bike Radar :roll:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hill repeats later as well, so that'll be fun. Mrs H3 - "why do you climb up those hills every week?" H3 - "to make me a little bit faster over a short distance than other people I might or might not come across on my commute." Mrs H3 - "you're a bit of a tw@t really aren't you?" H3 - " :shock: "
    I get similar questions about my trips to Wales and strangely the response to my explanation is quite similar, despite the reasons being rather different :)

Half a days work done, just grabbing some food then it's off to Holland to recruit a new minion. Beats working for a living.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mrs H3 - "you're a bit of a tw@t really aren't you?" H3 - " :shock: "
    Did you point out that she was the one daft enough to marry you? I often say this to Mrs 68. Although she married me, not you.

Morning folks,
    Tuesday is supposed to be my quiet day, it's a quiet time of year. So why have I been so fookin' busy? Had a chap waiting for me when I got here at 7.30 this morning, was with him for 2 hours as the workshop kept phoning and saying "oh and we need all the bits to attach the whatjamacallit to the thingamybob." I love that level of organisation. Since then it hasn't stopped. I want to go and get lunch but have to wait for another chap to come in first. Honestly with all this work I've only just managed to get on here. I'm not even close to being an important tax dodging corporate type, just a mere minion me.
    Out for beer and curry this evening paid for by the company. There is much work to talk about as a couple of new girls have started. I'm afraid I can't post pictures as one of them is doing HR and we may be dragged rapidly through the 1980's and into the 90's. I'm not sure if I can cope.
  • Matthewfalle
    Bought a new Lusso rain jacket thing earlier as I had my eye on it for a while. It's nice.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Bought a new Lusso rain jacket thing earlier as I had my eye on it for a while. It's nice.
    Was it a good price? Do I want one too?
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

£29 - one of these:

http://road.cc/content/review/169742-lu ... ain-jacket

Cheaper at Ribble but as I was know the bloke at the shop and he sorts me out with a bits and bobs I wasn't too worried about the £7.

They come up quite small - I'm normally a medium short sleeved top and large Assos soft shell jacket but tried this on over a t short and its an XL but fits really nice - no bagging around and long enough so that leaning over in a riding position it doesn't ride halfway up my noodle arms.

I'd let you know how it works on Saturday - its bound to rain on Saturday ride. Ain't raining ain't training .......

I think you do need one though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    hopkinb wrote:

£29 - one of these:

Cheaper at Ribble but as I was know the bloke at the shop and he sorts me out with a bits and bobs I wasn't too worried about the £7.

They come up quite small - I'm normally a medium short sleeved top and large Assos soft shell jacket but tried this on over a t short and its an XL but fits really nice - no bagging around and long enough so that leaning over in a riding position it doesn't ride halfway up my noodle arms.

I'd let you know how it works on Saturday - its bound to rain on Saturday ride. Ain't raining ain't training .......

Ooh and good camouflage for night sorties.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

£29 - one of these:

Ooh and good camouflage for night sorties.

Apart from all the reflective bits all over I suppose. But I could always hide them with the removed souls of the weak.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    I have something like that which I got in the last Vulpine sample sale - £30 for fully waterproof and taped seams, and it fits in a jersey pocket.

I think I mistook "Lusso" for "Mossa" in my head.
  • Matthewfalle
    I have a weak spot for Lusso - their bib shorts are the best I've worn for years with nice longs legs and only £35 at Merlin, their legs warmers are really good if they could do with being slightly thicker around the grippy banding at the top of the legs.

Am thinking that arm warmers, Perfetto and this should get me through winter so long as it doesn't turn Baltic. Alternatively my Assos soft shell with nothing underneath and this on top - the Assos is silly warm.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Must be all that ginger light ....... :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Must be all that ginger light ....... :)

:lol:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, spent the morning shouting at trees, then shouting at contractors, then shouting at hauliers and managers. They then dug up a road to remove 100L of spilled oil before it seeped into a watercourse and got someone a big fine...

Trying to prep for my chartership interview tomorrow, looking forward to being a chartered tree-shouter-atter if it goes well
  • haydenm
    I have a weak spot for Lusso - their bib shorts are the best I've worn for years with nice longs legs and only £35 at Merlin, their legs warmers are really good if they could do with being slightly thicker around the grippy banding at the top of the legs.

Am thinking that arm warmers, Perfetto and this should get me through winter so long as it doesn't turn Baltic. Alternatively my Assos soft shell with nothing underneath and this on top - the Assos is silly warm.

My lusso bibs were agony so I replaced them with DHB Aerons, I won't go into detail but they sorted out a few issues...

I have been eyeing up the long sleeve perfetto, unfortunately I am a child and the colour I want (orange) never seems to be reduced. Worth the extra £70 for a different colour? I am quite petulant...
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

My lusso bibs were agony so I replaced them with DHB Aerons, I won't go into detail but they sorted out a few issues...

I have been eyeing up the long sleeve perfetto, unfortunately I am a child and the colour I want (orange) never seems to be reduced. Worth the extra £70 for a different colour? I am quite petulant...

Gutted to hear that. Well, maybe not gutted but quite disappointed - mine have ben really nice. I'll take a quick peek at the DhB - are they long down tha upper bit of your leg bit whatever its called.

seventy pounds extra? Bloody hell. Stuff that, just steal one.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:

Gutted to hear that. Well, maybe not gutted but quite disappointed - mine have ben really nice. I'll take a quick peek at the DhB - are they long down tha upper bit of your leg bit whatever its called.

They are OK, my only slight gripe is the leg cuff seems to roll up at the end sometimes which looks silly. Usually does it after I over stretch them trying to put them on whilst standing up or something similarly stupid. I got them in the sale for £40ish which put them about the same as my lusso ones

With the perfetto, the black one is £110, I like black but it seems a bit silly getting a jersey for poor weather in black. That said, I'd likely have the lights on so I should be visible enough. I just like orange more
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    HaydenM wrote:

I'm with you on the Lusso. The pad is good for oooh, 20 miles max then it literally is a PITA.
    The DHB windslam tights I bought are not too bad. Again the pad is okay, not brilliant. If I ate more pulled Pork on a regular basis, I might not have such a bony aris.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:
    Trying to prep for my chartership interview tomorrow, looking forward to being a chartered tree-shouter-atter if it goes well

Hope it goes well.

Do you shout at them to encourage them to grow? Move? Spontaneously drop branches that are growing in inconvenient places? Really big shouts to bring them down? Gentle shouts to encourage saplings to hurry up and grow? Maybe special shouts to get rid of pests and parasites? I have to say, tree-shouter-atter sounds waaay better than desk-sitter-atter, though I suppose you have to live where there are substantial number of trees that need shouting at.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

They are OK, my only slight gripe is the leg cuff seems to roll up at the end sometimes which looks silly. Usually does it after I over stretch them trying to put them on whilst standing up or something similarly stupid. I got them in the sale for £40ish which put them about the same as my lusso ones

With the perfetto, the black one is £110, I like black but it seems a bit silly getting a jersey for poor weather in black. That said, I'd likely have the lights on so I should be visible enough. I just like orange more

but £180 for a top? can you send me a link.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    If I ate more pulled Pork on a regular basis, I might not have such a bony aris.

Sample size = me? You are entirely correct. I had pulled pork today, and also on Saturday. I do not have a bony aris! :lol:
  • hopkinb

It's £154 on Wiggle with my 12% off. It's a long sleeve gabba.
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Hope it goes well.

Do you shout at them to encourage them to grow? Move? Spontaneously drop branches that are growing in inconvenient places? Really big shouts to bring them down? Gentle shouts to encourage saplings to hurry up and grow? Maybe special shouts to get rid of pests and parasites? I have to say, tree-shouter-atter sounds waaay better than desk-sitter-atter, though I suppose you have to live where there are substantial number of trees that need shouting at.

Cheers. Mostly encouraging them to grow when they are small, then to move to a saw mill when mature and cut themselves into useful timber. I also shout at them en masse to increase their value as a forest so our business (investment) is more profitable and our clients are happy. I love my job, the downside/upside is that I have to live in south Scotland and cover from the far north all the way to Bodmin, and I still have to do ~60% desk-sitter-atter-ing
    hopkinb wrote:

It's £154 on Wiggle with my 12% off. It's a long sleeve gabba.

Ooh so it is. Still, is the extra over the black one really worth it? I mean, not dying is one consideration but wearing a garish colour comes first.

Link:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-perfet ... ve-jersey/