wednesday what violence these eyes can send

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,523
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, set bulls​hit filters to block anything under 10¹¹ demifarages and saunter into corporate newspeak session, filtering will enable me to exit with mind intact but some scarring of the soul is inevitable

head out for spicy lunch to be followed by long webex with gmc punter of gmc
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold this morning, in July Bianchi had a recall on the Infinito front forks , at last they are now at the dealers so dropping the bike in this morning, whilst I am in Louth I will try and by our lass something for Christmas
    Bike ride later, have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    First half of the commute in the car was loverly and warm with the heated seats on, second half on the bike was ferkin freezing

Later will probably be the rollers again as I enjoy my last day matching tax dodgers car number
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dull day today, spreadsheet jockeying. Cold ride in. Severe attack of ennui and existential angst.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,324
    Was sparkly sunny with a touch of frost. Now it's clouding over. Was going to pedal but it's looking potentially grim, so an hour on the rollers beckons. I can sit on them and watch mind numbing day time TV or park it next to the stereo and blast out some tunes.

Done chores. Done big pile of scrambled eggs. Maybe need another coffee.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Finished. Finally, after only a decade more than it should have been... officially on the market. Hope my nerves hold out... Get me outta here!

Now just doing the spruce up and keep it tidy thing for the punters to be impressed by when they come round. That means cleaning windows. There are a lot of them. :x

When this is all over I may get to ride my bikes again.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later will probably be the rollers again as I enjoy my last day matching tax dodgers car number
    Are you only 6?

Afternoon folks,
    Been absolutely manic this morning trying to sort out all the shite from yesterday, that's the downside of having a day off. I'm out again on Fryday but that's work related, visiting customers at the classic car show. Some would consider it a jolly, but I have to talk to people and pretend I like all of them when in reality I only like some of them. There should be a few old ringers to cast an eye over as well.
    I think it's Wednesday as per the thread title so I shall be going to the pub later, I could do with a beer so this is good.
    Good luck with the sale Spinner.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Organized chaos is what I'm calling today.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Crappy day - can't wait to get out.

Thinking of new career routes tbh.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Are you only 6?
    Wrong tax dodger I think...welcome to your mid-40's TLW. And I'm not talking stones :)

I'm a bit knackered after yesterdays first pedalling exertions in a couple of weeks. Just trying to organise some works drinking events while simultaneously incurring the wrath of the morally upstanding.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Are you only 6?
    Wrong tax dodger I think...welcome to your mid-40's TLW. And I'm not talking stones :)
    It was a poor attempt at humour after accusations in the boring thread.
    So TLW is buying the cakes tomorrow. :mrgreen:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, rather boring here today, very cold though not much occurring office wise apparently someone didn't come back from lunch which is the climax of todays gossip no doubt.
    Later shall be doing something alcohol related hopefully.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Lovely cold and crisp this morning, misty rain this afternoon. WFH as the chimney sweep is here in preparation for the proper flue liners. New pedals and shoes have arrived for the xc/training bike so I might go for a night blast when I've finished 'working'
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Spent most of today submitting my expenses. Can't afford to be lending the company money with Christmas approaching.
    Brief excitement when a briefing by the MD was announced at short notice. Disappointment when we all turned up to find no free cake, and then to be told absolutely nothing for 45 minutes. WTF was that for??
    Beans on toast and a second coat of emulsion tonight.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Fcken still at work. I knew today would be sh!te.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    i think that australian 'tawny' gave me bad dreams, involved flying with ba at one point

tasted like a cross between tawny and sherry, hmm, will risk another tonight, but i'll be back on the real thing thereafter

gmc newspeak was surprising tolerable, but i'm not dropping my guard
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Freezing on way in, p1ssing it down on way home.

Pinno, you were right, medium was bang on. Bit tight on the forearms though.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Freezing on way in, p1ssing it down on way home.

Pinno, you were right, medium was bang on. Bit tight on the forearms though.

Thick in the arm and thick in the...

Yay, yer back. Wossappenin?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Skull?

Nowt, been reading books about space and sh1t. Mind boggling stuff.
  • pinno
    Head.

It's a term used for Yorkshire men:

"Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, think in the arm and thick in the head".

Why are you mangling your head more then it already is?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Are you only 6?
    It was a poor attempt at humour after accusations in the boring thread.
    So TLW is buying the cakes tomorrow. :mrgreen:

It did make me laugh!

Meant to buy cakes today but the joys of meetings meant I never left the building
  • pinno
    Where is this 'boring' thread?
  • veronese68
    So is it your birthday now TLW? If so, many happy returns.
    Boring thread is Panama/Paradise papers Piña.
    Pub was good, bit pissed now.