Flagship Smartphone Alternatives

124»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    pinno said:

£478 is a nice set of hoops.

Not sure what you mean, that might might buy me one decent alloy :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    I bought an a40 for mrs DHL and a50 for me last may. A50 is way better and both cost less than £200 after trade in and cash back. However, I just bought daughter a redmi 8T for about £130 direct. Amazing phone, huge battery life, lots of ram and rom. Dual sim etc.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    edited July 2020

I bought an a40 for mrs DHL and a50 for me last may. A50 is way better and both cost less than £200 after trade in and cash back. However, I just bought daughter a redmi 8T for about £130 direct. Amazing phone, huge battery life, lots of ram and rom. Dual sim etc.

Was sorely tempted by a Xiaomi/Redimi I have to say but bottled it and stayed safe with the OnePlus as I've already had two of them, I like the user interface, and they're basically a known quantity to me. Price is still cheaper and specs better than equivalent mid range offerings from the main players. The Nord isn't a flagship alternative it has to be said but hopefully it has everything I need in a phone at an affordable price. Namely fantastic battery life, fast charging, decent camera and loads of storage.