tuesday toasting croissants under an alien sun

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,528
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, pass through portal to enjoy croissant and coffee, return to mundane world, ponder stuff, cafe, etc., try to avoid getting rained on, but suspect that it will be a mostly soggy day

need to book somewhere for dinner, probably involving chillis to help fend off the effects of this november weather
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning, raining here and according to the weather man it's going to be for the next 48 hrs, roll on summer
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    On train into town, legs still aching a bit after yesterdays roadie extravaganza, all 24 miles of it :) May head out for a cider or two tonight if I can be bothered to arrange it as apathy rules in August.

T-4 and counting.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    looks like mrs s is grudgingly aligning to my dinner idea, cocktails in the bar garden (under the awning i suspect, and with heaters on) followed by thai

gmc office seems quiet, struggling to overcome feeling of meh, think i'll nip out for another espresso
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    MRS Jnr2 got an A in maths and C in History so he's definitely got a place at Strathclyde for Software Engineering. Since he's effectively lived on his own the whole year whilst his sister is being treated, I hope Glasgow University cut him some slack as he's one grade off on his advanced higher History (not exactly vital in the software world). Mrs MRS got an A in higher Latin.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    A nice pedal from Menaggio to Bellagio this morning and now just waiting for the ferry to take me back across the lake for some lounging.

There may be wine...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Who on earth would want to be cycling in beautiful Italy in lovely weather, rubber necking :roll:

Dad's taxi duties today. Wheel's off for refurbishment. Waiting for my Clay Bar in the post and a paint pack from Nardern Eyrelan - those boys know their stuff. Ordered new front grille from Germany. Ordered more wet and dry for flatting lacquer swirls and scratches. Received some Fusso Soft99 wax in the post yesterday. It's the Dog's danglies.
    Yeah I know what I said about washing cars but this one is worth washing. Going in to the spray shop next Monday.
    Can't seem to cure an intermittent radio earth/live feed whatever...

Sun's out. What;s it like over there Gazza?
    Might get a reply - Gazza seems to be off on one since the missus left him.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Still loving work

Kids now with grandparents but not drinking so another pint of water in the pub later
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Swapped shovels and buckets today for a paintbrush.. still knackered though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
  • pinno
    Bloody runnists.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, update of the day

Quack

That is all move along
  • sungod
    haven't seen the ducks outside gmc this week, probably flown south now that winter is here
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Been heavy rain here best part of the day, slight lull earlier but its back hammering away, I'm hoping for the flat roof to start leaking in this old building, but no.
  • meanredspider
    Interesting dynamic: Glasgow University saying to my son that they're only taking non-Scottish (presumably "fee-paying") students onto the course he's applied to.

I'm incredibly proud of the boy: passed his driving test first time (a few days after Eve was diagnosed), got a job at Tesco, looked after the house and 3 dogs and took his exams for university - all during 7 months whilst his parents were away looking after his seriously sick big sis - and he's just 17. And the university don't seem to want to cut him the slack of one grade level. Still, Strathclyde is a great university and it's the same city.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    haven't seen the ducks outside gmc this week, probably flown south now that winter is here

This is 'South' for them. They fly in to the UK from the Arctic circle in Winter.
    Now you'll have to find some other explanation.
  • pinno
    What's your son wanting to study MRS?

He could study Gynaecology at Glasgow Uni.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Cooling off nicely now, down to 29c, arm warmers on stand by.

Faffed about with some plumbing today, tomorrow I'm gonna design and build a wood block printing press, it will be a press or kindling we shall see which :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I'm here. Sun's out, tailwind to and from work. WFH tomorrow, decking's drying up a treat. Ordered another 12 anti slip things that need screwing down.

GBP 3250 quote to render the gable end, so there goes the new bike.
  • pinno
    edited August 2017
    Garry H wrote:
    I'm here. Sun's out, tailwinf to and from work. WFH tomorrow, decking's drying up a treat. Ordered another 12 anti slip things that need screwing down.

GBP 3250 quote to render the gable end, so there goes the new ike.

That's a hell of a lot of money. Perhaps you should get another quote. Use it is leverage.

Then there might be enough money left over for a new Ike.
  • meanredspider
    Pinno wrote:
    What's your son wanting to study MRS?

He could study Gynaecology at Glasgow Uni.

Software engineering, Pinno (somebody needs to know how to fix my Di2... :wink: )

Don't most boys study that at university?
  • pinno
    Don't most boys study that at university?

Fair point.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    I'm here. Sun's out, tailwinf to and from work. WFH tomorrow, decking's drying up a treat. Ordered another 12 anti slip things that need screwing down.

GBP 3250 quote to render the gable end, so there goes the new ike.

That's a hell of a lot of money. Perhaps you should get another quote. Use it is leverage.

Then there might be enough money left over for a new Ike.

Good idea. Never had it done before, so no point of reference.

Hows the girls?
  • pinno
    Get a few quotes. Get a start date. You really want it done before the rain gets colder. Weigh up price and start date. Go with the builders that don't talk too much and can give you a good idea as to how soon they can start the job. Asses the responses in terms of sincerity. track record and being straight with you.

Girls are A1. I'm knackered. Back to school in less than 2 weeks. Have you heard from Mrs H?
  • Stevo_666
    No beers in town so filled our 'advance passenger info' while supping cider and watching some girl who used to go to my kids school win her 20om heat in the athletics.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Have you packed your 10 gallon hat?
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Get a few quotes. Get a start date. You really want it done before the rain gets colder. Weigh up price and start date. Go with the builders that don't talk too much and can give you a good idea as to how soon they can start the job. Asses the responses in terms of sincerity. track record and being straight with you.

Girls are A1. I'm knackered. Back to school in less than 2 weeks. Have you heard from Mrs H?

Yup, they're all having big fun, dinosaur world and everything!

Where's Stevo off to?

Where's Hopkin?

Where's Matthew?

What was that anagram?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Have you packed your 10 gallon hat?
    I'll buy one when I'm there. And fill it with cider.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno. Have you got Toots online yet?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Yup, they're all having big fun, dinosaur world and everything!

Where's Stevo off to?

Florida or something. Chasing Aligators.
    Garry H wrote:
    Where's Hopkin?

In the Royal Marsden waiting for a liver transplant after the holiday 'exertion'.
    Garry H wrote:
    Where's Matthew?

AWOL (as usual)
    Garry H wrote:
    What was that anagram?

Have a good season folks.

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=13074245&hilit=Pinno+new+years+quiz&start=60#p20037656
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno. Have you got Toots online yet?

No. Haven't had a bash at it again. I want to download some select games until she wears them out and keep use to a set time.
    I will get her a Bike Radar account though.