wednesday yawning, just yawning

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

grand day out yesterday along the way were two bottles of plonk, cocktails, one of bolly, one of vintage bolly, i commend to you the churchill war rooms and the chelsea physic garden, which, intriguingly, has both grass of the illegal kind and opium poppy growing in it

currently hungover a bit, off to gmc to present to another tentacle of gmc, must try to summon enthusiasm through the power of coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, a nice bright start to the day here, a new frame coming today so I will be mostly building it up
    Have a good day
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Who was is that was building a playground in the back garden? How did you get on?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Very hot in froggy land

Run completed, beer supplies replenished and now pool
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, WFH today as I have to drop the truck down to the garage then walk back at half 9. Waiting for my final delivery of stuff for the NC500. The GF is now claiming she will walk up the Bealach Na Ba, unfortunately it will take 2.5hours to walk up. I think my friend and I will ride up, lock the panniers at the top then come back down to ride at the girl's pace or something
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, damp this morning foul coffee abound but its hump day.
  • Morning all. Last full day of work here,
    then back to the mother ship next week. Which means cycle commuting again, hurray!
    seanoconn wrote:
    Who was is that was building a playground in the back garden? How did you get on?

It was me. I mostly finished it (by 10pm), aside from a couple of small bits that shouldn't take more than 15 mins. Was surprisingly straightforward, if it hadn't rained and I'd had 2 drill batteries I would have finished it in daylight. Showed the tiny terrors it in the half finished state and they were all over the bits they could access, which was nice.

Plus, it means I get my garage back so triple win.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Evening folks and folkettes and just ettes.
    In the office today crushing dreams as always. Movies later to see Dunkirk, nice excuse for a date night, she has to be quiet.

Driveway renovation is currently on pause which is annoying, but then it is raining here.

Time for more coffee. Enjoy your day of yawning peeps
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

grand day out yesterday along the way were two bottles of plonk, cocktails, one of bolly, one of vintage bolly, i commend to you the churchill war rooms and the chelsea physic garden, which, intriguingly, has both grass of the illegal kind and opium poppy growing in it

currently hungover a bit, off to gmc to present to another tentacle of gmc, must try to summon enthusiasm through the power of coffee

Yeah, who needs all these modern concoctions; crack, skunk, fenyl whatever, spice when you have superb and well tested traditional things like Opium, marijuana, LSD and Cocaine*?! FFS. The yoof of today.
    *Sex, relaxation, orgasm, hallucinations - covered. What more do you want?

Weather is shyte and cool and windy here. Taking toots swimming as soon as I have sorted emails and bollox.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Morning all. Last full day of work here,
    then back to the mother ship next week. Which means cycle commuting again, hurray!
    seanoconn wrote:

It was me. I mostly finished it (by 10pm), aside from a couple of small bits that shouldn't take more than 15 mins. Was surprisingly straightforward, if it hadn't rained and I'd had 2 drill batteries I would have finished it in daylight. Showed the tiny terrors it in the half finished state and they were all over the bits they could access, which was nice.

Plus, it means I get my garage back so triple win.
    Ahh man, I was hoping you'd be able to finish the two man job in one day.
  • seanoconn
    Had a fire drill at work. Carrying a lady on each muscular shoulder as I burst majestically out of an imaginary burning building, I was awesome 8) And as I've just explained to HR, my hands were nowhere near their bottoms.

Wifey and kids have started their hols early without me so I'll have to find something to do later. Think it's going to rain soon.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Brickwork now all rendered, job done. Now to leave it a few days to cure and it can be painted, and finished.

Spent the day walking up and down the HC climb that is my driveway, stacking up stuff to be tossed out. Council will come collect on Friday. Tossing out all the odds and ends of stuff that will now never get used. Somewhat knackered as a result....
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    sungod wrote:
    one of bolly, one of vintage bolly,
    SG, you seem to be channelling the spirit of VTech.

We have visitors from the Kingdom Of Far Far Away (KOFFA) over again so we need to take them out this evening for some entertainment. At least it will be free. In the meantime there's a fair bit of work needs doing. Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Ahh man, I was hoping you'd be able to finish the two man job in one day.

Damn weather. Sorry to disappoint. Although, I'm counting it as a moral victory - even if my body disagrees. Bizarrely, amongst other things, my hamstrings really ache. Not sure which bit of drilling and driving needs them...
  • pinno
    WFH/nWFH
    WTF
    TFI...
    POIDH
    TTFN
    OH
    EPO
    GMC
    MTFU
    KOFFA
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:

oooo that's plain mean, i'm more spirit of keith moon

anyway, i suspect vt probably went for something tacky like cristal
  • Flâneur
    Anyone recommend any good GT car hires, 4 of us fancy a little road trip to the continent and some bright spark said lets see if we can hire 2 GT cars for it.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Anyone recommend any good GT car hires, 4 of us fancy a little road trip to the continent and some bright spark said lets see if we can hire 2 GT cars for it.

Don't be silly, a Fiat 500 will do just fine.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Actually given what you were quaffing I reckon your'e really Joanna Lumley and I claim my fiver :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    WFH/nWFH
    WTF
    TFI...
    POIDH
    TTFN
    OH
    EPO
    GMC
    MTFU
    KOFFA
    FRO?
  • Flâneur
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Currently being used to transfer humans and dogs up n down the island though innit
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Currently being used to transfer humans and dogs up n down the island though innit

This is true. Though I know a man who can lend you an Isetta.

FRO? Unless it's plainly obvious.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Checked in to Belgium approximately half way to the house. Red is open!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Actually given what you were quaffing I reckon your'e really Joanna Lumley and I claim my fiver :)

ah, patsy and edina, role models, though tbh i fancied saffy much more
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Pinno wrote:
    It's plainly obvious.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    It's plainly obvious.
    Like C U Next Tuesday :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    Had a fire drill at work. Carrying a lady on each muscular shoulder as I burst majestically out of an imaginary burning building, I was awesome 8) And as I've just explained to HR, my hands were nowhere near their bottoms.

Wifey and kids have started their hols early without me so I'll have to find something to do later. Think it's going to rain soon.

Poland?
    I've never been. Would you recommend it? I fancy something a bit different to the usual sun sea and sand my missus likes.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Where's Hopkin?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Garry H wrote:
    Where's Hopkin?
    Give him a bell.
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    WFH/nWFH
    WTF
    TFI...
    POIDH
    TTFN
    OH
    EPO
    GMC
    MTFU
    KOFFA
    FRO?

For Racing Only?
  • Garry H
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Where's Hopkin?
    Give him a bell.

I'll text Pinno, who'll message Stevo, who'll then need to write a letter to V68, telling him to ask you to getin touch with Seano, who'll then ask Hopkin to tell us all where the feck he's gone.