Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

wednesday when the smack begins to flow

sungodsungod Posts: 13,773
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gave up on gym due to laziness, cafe, wfh stuff blah blah blah

who knows or dares to dream what wonders the day shall bring, though i suspect it will involve espresso
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, are you running late today sungod?
    A bright start here but rain forecast later, it could hamper my plans
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,773
    certain degree of hungoveredness involved, possibly the result of starting and ending the evening in a pub garden as the weather warmed up for the day

    off to get some toast

    bright now, seems rain is on the way
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • fat daddyfat daddy Posts: 2,605
    yay .. last day at work for a week+

    pouring with rain .. got soaking wet and loved it

    Hybrid Brakes are HONKING again after only 4 days of use on new pads and this was before they got wet . plain had enough of them now ... fortuneatly by MTB snapped the other day .. I think the calipers will swap over ok, so that's the next step as I don't have issues with the MTB brakes

    Good day at the gym as well ... up on 2 of my lifts so the extra weight I am putting on is going somewhere other than my gut and moobs :D
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,045
    Nice start to the day with a nice run up to a couple of French castle things

    Now going for a swim with the rugrats, then stock up on booze and decide where to eat and drink
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Office day today, wet. Got sunburnt on site yesterday and we managed to have a discussion about how the company works without my line manager and my boss flying of the handle at each other. Line manager had to bite his tongue but still thinks he won, shocking displays of reasonableness from the boss, and I threw in a few points which mean my work load has reduced massively. What am I going to do with all my free time?!
  • Rudely awakened by tiny terror number 1 whinging about being ill a good 45 minutes before the alarm. So I wound up at work half an hour early. And I'm here for the next 13 hours.

    Hurray for coffee.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,702
    Piddling down here in Hawick. Nice view of the hills though. One coffee isn't enough.
    What's it like over there G... ha ha ha.

    Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,193
    Rudely awakened by tiny terror number 1 whinging about being ill a good 45 minutes before the alarm. So I wound up at work half an hour early. And I'm here for the next 13 hours.

    Hurray for coffee.
    You could have stayed home to look after tiny terror :wink:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,193
    Pinno wrote:
    Piddling down here in Hawick. Nice view of the hills though. One coffee isn't enough.
    What's it like over there G... ha ha ha.

    Update later.
    You're not camping in Garry's back garden are you!?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,193
    Me, big puncture on Friday me. Patched the inner tube but the laceration was too big to hold any air pressure, God know what I hit. Fitted a new inner tube but once pumped the tube was bulging out of the gaping split in my Pro 4's :roll: Fitting a marathon plus this evening.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Piddling down here in Hawick. Nice view of the hills though. One coffee isn't enough.
    What's it like over there G... ha ha ha.

    Update later.
    You're not camping in Garry's back garden are you!?

    Could be worse. He could be in MF's neighbours's garden with all that junk coming over the fence at him.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    seanoconn wrote:
    Me, big puncture on Friday me. Patched the inner tube but the laceration was too big to hold any air pressure, God know what I hit. Fitted a new inner tube but once pumped the tube was bulging out of the gaping split in my Pro 4's :roll: Fitting a marathon plus this evening.

    Bloody hell Sean, you'll be posting in 'Workshop' next.
    The place where I have no idea what they are on about.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Day started too hot, going out for lunch (beer n curry) at the beach with friends, only downside is I have to walk there and back in the heat (to burn off the blood glucose) 38c no wind, think I rather stay in the house and eat a sandwich whilst on the rollers. :D

    Tough life but somebody's gotta do it :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,652 Lives Here
    Glorious morning over here. Going to the next town for lunch at my friends bar. The spread of weak coffee is such that I am now asked if I mean espresso when I order a coffee. Presumably because I look too much like a tourist.
    Later will probably involve a swim and lounging by the pool. Might listen to a bit of Lou Reed today.
    Enjoy fitting a Marathon Plus Seano, then you can enjoy the feeling of riding on solid tyres from the days before the pneumatic tyre was invented. That's how good they feel.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,193
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Me, big puncture on Friday me. Patched the inner tube but the laceration was too big to hold any air pressure, God know what I hit. Fitted a new inner tube but once pumped the tube was bulging out of the gaping split in my Pro 4's :roll: Fitting a marathon plus this evening.

    Bloody hell Sean, you'll be posting in 'Workshop' next.
    The place where I have no idea what they are on about.
    8) I'm just showing off because I think I know how to fit an inner tube and tyre. That's about the extent of my fettling abilities.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,702
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Piddling down here in Hawick. Nice view of the hills though. One coffee isn't enough.
    What's it like over there G... ha ha ha.

    Update later.
    You're not camping in Garry's back garden are you!?

    Not unless he's Laird Gazza with a huge estate, radius 52 miles.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,193
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Glorious morning over here. Going to the next town for lunch at my friends bar. The spread of weak coffee is such that I am now asked if I mean espresso when I order a coffee. Presumably because I look too much like a tourist.
    Later will probably involve a swim and lounging by the pool. Might listen to a bit of Lou Reed today.
    Enjoy fitting a Marathon Plus Seano, then you can enjoy the feeling of riding on solid tyres from the days before the pneumatic tyre was invented. That's how good they feel.
    Oh censored , it's not hard fitting a Marathon Plus is it!? :(

    I hope V, TLW1 and team47b are all having a lovely time on their holibobs.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn wrote:
    You could have stayed home to look after tiny terror :wink:

    Given the volume, frequency and incessant nature of the whine I think a 13 hour shift at the coal face is preferable. And, I spend more on child care than my mortgage so I'm getting all the value I can...

    (She's actually OK, paracetamol and distraction are what she needs and nursery are very capable of that)
  • meanredspidermeanredspider Posts: 12,337
    In my home from home(s) - room was like Piccadilly Circus last night with nurses seemingly coming and going the whole time. Still, everything is headed in the right direction from a numbers point of view for Miss MRS - just a bit soul-destroying to spend so much more time in the same room and the treatment she's on makes her feel sick.

    Continuing battle with those idiots at PayPal.
    "The tracking information shows you collected it"
    "But the Post Office have opened an investigation because it was clearly collected by the wrong person. Here's the investigation number..."
    "The tracking information shows you collected it"
    Etc
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,702
    ...and the treatment she's on makes her feel sick.

    Ondansetron (antiemetic). Maxalon is shyte.

    Am I not supposed to have a good Holiday Seano?!

    T47 is on permanent leave, TLW is doing his bit to soften Brexit, VN is simply working things so that he doesn't have to do the washing up or the cooking.
    I'm here checking the area out and looking at properties. So none of us is actually on holiday.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • meanredspidermeanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Pinno wrote:
    ...and the treatment she's on makes her feel sick.

    Ondansetron (antiemetic). Maxalon is shyte.

    Ah yes, we're far too well acquainted with ondansetron. I'd forgotten about maxalon. Charlie had that (yes, shyte) but Eve hasn't. The daddy is aprepitant (sp corrected). 3 tablets and a month's cover. But as it comes in a special folder presentation pack, I'm guessing it's expensive.

    ETA - £48 for the pack. I'd ask them to write me a private prescription if they won't give it to her.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,193
    Pinno wrote:
    Am I not supposed to have a good Holiday Seano?!
    Jeeze sorry :roll: I though you were just on a day out.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,773
    he's just grumpy because it's raining, but then he has gone to the borders so grumpiness was probably inevitable
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Piddling down here in Hawick. Nice view of the hills though. One coffee isn't enough.
    What's it like over there G... ha ha ha.

    Update later.
    You're not camping in Garry's back garden are you!?
    A distinct possibility knowing how tight he is.

    Not a great day - my lurgy from yesterday has morphed into a full on snot fest. Christ knows how I slept OK last night. Now dealing with the utter incompetence and unhelpfulness of one of our banks which has cost us in the region of £200k. I'm going to war the bastids shortly. Still aching from Monday as well - I think a drink is needed tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,081
    tdf is over back to the BB i come
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,416
    Flâneur wrote:
    tdf is over back to the BB i come

    WB Flan the Fickle... :D

    Day 1 of new deck construction, consisting of carrying lots of heavy stuff around, up and down stairs. Gonna be sore tomorrow...
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,081
    seanoconn wrote:
    Me, big puncture on Friday me. Patched the inner tube but the laceration was too big to hold any air pressure, God know what I hit. Fitted a new inner tube but once pumped the tube was bulging out of the gaping split in my Pro 4's :roll: Fitting a marathon plus this evening.

    I'll raise you a cracked front wheel, screwed rim surface fron n back and 4 broken bones. oh and a puncture
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,416
    ^^ Ouch
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,773
    someone's just sent me a cheque, printed on a tear-off bit at the bottom of the page, only noticed by chance as i was about to tear the page up and consign to recycling

    a cheque

    it's the 21st century, money moves electronically, they killed a tree and sent me a cheque

    now i need to pay it in, manually, like in the 17th century

    utter utter bastards

    i'm also wondering if i've binned any previous ones they sent

    bastards
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,081
    sungod wrote:
    someone's just sent me a cheque, printed on a tear-off bit at the bottom of the page, only noticed by chance as i was about to tear the page up and consign to recycling

    a cheque

    it's the 21st century, money moves electronically, they killed a tree and sent me a cheque

    now i need to pay it in, manually, like in the 17th century

    utter utter bastards

    i'm also wondering if i've binned any previous ones they sent

    bastards


    You can pay it by machine tho. except the Coutts ones, censored oversized ponce.

    Cheers WS, however not much to complain about, especially with what we chat about down here. It will mend, the doctor was cute and flirty, silver linings eh
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
Sign In or Register to comment.