Canyon advice please

BOSSNUT.DAVE
BOSSNUT.DAVE Posts: 102
edited July 2017 in MTB buying advice
I'm bikeless but have half a bike in upgraded components, and confused as to buy a frame and do a self build. Drop my parts off at the LBS and see what they come up with or sell my parts and buy this Canyon 7.0 EX it has Sram X01 Eagle 12 ans 25 mm rims.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I'd go and have a look at a Bird Aeris 145, you can build your own spec. and also go there and try one out before parting with hard earned cash. Plus if things go wrong you have an easy port of call.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • BOSSNUT.DAVE
    Sound good option Robert-pd. just a 3:40hr drive to Swinley, might take a day off and head down. Bikes look great for the price. I could always just buy frame and throw my parts at it.
    Cheers.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Where do you live? One of the guys live oop north, so might be able to arrange a test closer to home.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • BOSSNUT.DAVE
    cooldad wrote:
    Where do you live? One of the guys live oop north, so might be able to arrange a test closer to home.
    In the Great Shire of Shropshire. Eastridge or Llandgela would be good.

I've been looking at the 120 as well as they are in stock, blue and sound like a good climber. I'm more into climbing than big jumps.
    I'd be after a Frame, shox, forks with head set and cockpit. 10 speed mech.

I have xt brakes, hope 650b wheels and rotors, 10 speed drive chain, m8000 crank, 10 speed shifter, pedals
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The 120 is an amazing bike. Definitely the one I'd consider if I was in the market for 27.5. Except I'm a 29er fan. There are rumours around about big wheels though, so I might end up with one.
    Been out quite a bit lately with Dan, and it does everything most people would want.
    Ben is near Durham, so you are right in the middle.

I'd call them, talk to Dan, and see what he suggests. They are all 11 and 12 speed now, so they've been selling off 10 speed stuff cheap.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    I've been looking at the 120 as well as they are in stock, blue and sound like a good climber. I'm more into climbing than big jumps.

@Bossnut.dave - the 120 climbs really well (depending on rider input of course) with very little bob and it also goes downhill pretty sweetly (see previous qualifier) Mine came with the 3 position RT3 Deluxe shock (open, pedal, lock) but I only bother with the lockout on a longer road climb, the rest of the time I'll just leave it in 'open' - so the RT is all you need in a rear shock in my experience. Don't think you'd be disappointed with it but if you have the time to get down for a test ride then that would answer your questions.
  • BOSSNUT.DAVE
    Cheers.

Ive had a change of thought. Santa Cruz Tallboy.
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    boo... ;)
    enjoy