friday been a long time gone, constantinople

2»

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'll be fine as I'll just pop into Sainsbury's and get some Lazazza red, no need for overly fancy coffee here. I couldn't cut it as a hipster.
    Same here. Also partial to the lavazza gold, when the price is right.

Belhaven Bitter and Twisted, Grapefruit. I recommend that as well.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Sod coffee it's nearly cider time

fantastic news - eldest football training has been cancelled so as soon as they are all back from school - local pub :)
  • Garry H
    TLW1 wrote:

fantastic news - eldest football training has been cancelled so as soon as they are all back from school - local pub :)

I have some westons to accompany me for today's tour highlights later on. Does that pass muster?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Garry H wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I have some westons to accompany me for today's tour highlights later on. Does that pass muster?

Yep - on both counts
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Garry H wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

You're hooked on the stuff now Garry. I feel like a drug dealer :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I noticed that there are no ill effects in the morning. Two's my limit though. "Enough is as good as a feast", as Jim used to say.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Great F1 montage to music from F1 Live in case anybody missed it

https://youtu.be/kZKoU7-9TOk
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I noticed that there are no ill effects in the morning. Two's my limit though. "Enough is as good as a feast", as Jim used to say.
    Two is the equivalent of 4 pints of normal stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Two is the equivalent of 4 pints of normal stuff.

But half the calories :D

I'm a health freak!
  • Stevo_666
    Drink vodka...
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Drink vodka...

Foreign muck :wink:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Not necessarily, this stuff is rather good. https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/322 ... a-gift-box
  • Stevo_666
    Not necessarily, this stuff is rather good. https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/322 ... a-gift-box
    Looks quite good. Not sure about the marketing though - 'English Potato Vodka'. Doesn't sound that glamorous does it.
  • verylonglegs
    I guess not although I'm no expert on marketing, a lot of it comes across as total bollox to me. If I remember correctly the background is that they were originally the farm owners who started the Tyrells crisps brand and once they sold that business on they started using the spuds to make the vodka. Not bought any of that for a while but realised they still sell the half bottles which work out at much better value so time to put an order in I reckon. https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/277 ... alf-bottle
  • Stevo_666
    I guess not although I'm no expert on marketing, a lot of it comes across as total bollox to me. If I remember correctly the background is that they were originally the farm owners who started the Tyrells crisps brand and once they sold that business on they started using the spuds to make the vodka. Not bought any of that for a while but realised they still sell the half bottles which work out at much better value so time to put an order in I reckon. https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/277 ... alf-bottle
    I might just do that.

Buy British and get rat arsed with a 5 quid discount to boot. What's there not to like?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Surely Sean can get the low down on all things vodka for us from his in laws?
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I was wondering what Seano thought of this musical appraisal of Polish ladies :)
    https://youtu.be/ulsYneNJmnM
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Away visiting family. Looking at a change of scenery to live and found a fabulous property which is possibly affordable and which literally has this as the boundary.

https://flic.kr/p/Wwdv4B

I can't figure out how to embed the image in here on iPad.

I soooooo need to move here.

What part of the world is that? It looks lovely and reminds me how much I'm gonna miss the Highlands
    Soz. Went to bed after that post. It's in Tasmania, not that far out of Hobart. It's a house on 10 acres, with that foreshore as half the boundary and nature reserve on the other side. Only issue is the house and outbuildings are way bigger than we need, and need some updating. Might be too good to pass up though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I was wondering what Seano thought of this musical appraisal of Polish ladies :)

Smuggling yo-yos :lol:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

I hate musical comedy :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:

Zubwroka Bison grass vodka. Has a nice appley taste.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

I hate musical comedy :roll:
    So you haven't shown it to the wife then?
  • seanoconn
    Nope. Didn't slip through the quality filter I'm afraid.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    I think you've subconsciously started to channel the spirit of Pinno :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

At least i'm setting some sort of standard.

Vodka is the dog's danglies and it made out of either rice or potatoes anyway. Finlandia or Absolut for me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Vodka is the dog's danglies and it made out of either rice or potatoes anyway. Finlandia or Absolut for me.
    True.

Just finishing off a full English lunch and coffee in a caff than I'm off to Waitrose in a minute. Might see what sort of fermented potato juice is on offer.

BTW Grey Goose is good if pricey.
  • verylonglegs
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Not always although I've not tried it yet so have no idea if it's any good. I've seen it pop up on offer sometimes but so far my scepticism has got the better of me even though some reviews are pretty good. http://www.blackcow.co.uk/buy-me/70cl-vodka

I miss the grapefruit Finlandia, used to be easily obtainable in a couple of supermarkets here but seems to have disappeared.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    True proper Vodka is the stuff you can put in the freezer and serve in an ice cold shot glass; it's a little syrupy and then you get the Niagara/Sahara effect.
    Magic. Try Absolut.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!