26 slick larger volume tyres Kojak?

kirkee
kirkee Posts: 369
edited July 2017 in Commuting general
Hi Im thinking of trying out some larger vol 26 tyres to add a bit of comfort and try out the ride, see how they go. I currently run Michelin country rock, I highly rate these excellent tyres, but maybe its time to experiment, has any one got experience of 2 inch Schwalbe Kodak's? I dont want to lose too much efficiency though if thats possible?!
Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    The Kojaks are good, fast rolling and light. Downside is they *are* relatively light... meaning they wear faster and are more puncture prone than some. I've run the Kojak in 26 and 29er and like them a lot.

Schwalbe City Jet model may be a reasonable compromise between what you have now and the Kojak, worth checking out.

The Thickslick ones are a bit heavier construction than the Schwalbe's and also a very good high volume slick. I've got them in 29 * 2" wide on some MTB wheels and they are super comfy.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    Thanks I'm drawn to the kojak 2 inch over the city slicks, purely as they are the widest option and am interested to see how they will ride. I've read they throw up alot of spray, but I'll put the guards on in the autumn anyway. Im thinking of doing the Paris Roubaix challenge again but this time taking my 26er commuter instead of the road bike just for a change! How would the kojaks go over the pave I wonder? I dont see it as cheating though as riding my commuter there will be test regardless of tyre choice!
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will