National Champs 2017 *spoilers*

Comments

• ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    Did they all have a support car or just Stannard?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    They'll share for a training ride, won't they. They've all be at Sky at some point.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    RichN95 wrote:
    They'll share for a training ride, won't they. They've all be at Sky at some point.

#conspiracytheory
  • 11teeth
    11teeth Posts: 2
    Is there live coverage of the UK road race this year? BC implies it's highlighst only. Surely not?
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    RichN95 wrote:

The WT guys who do not have team support (accommodation/service etc) are supported by BC, either directly or by allocating them to teams that do have support. It has been like that for years. No story here.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    11teeth wrote:
    Is there live coverage of the UK road race this year? BC implies it's highlighst only. Surely not?

All I could find is highlights at 6pm tomorrow on ITV4. You can however watch the French champs live on Eurosport Player.
  • Mechanism wrote:
    11teeth wrote:

All I could find is highlights at 6pm tomorrow on ITV4. You can however watch the French champs live on Eurosport Player.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Jolien D'hoore wins the women's Belgian RR title again

Proficiat!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Mechanism wrote:
    11teeth wrote:

The Eurosport player has the French champs live from 1-15pm to 4-15pm.
    90 minute highlights on tv at 8-30pm.

UK champs highlights, also on Eurosport 1, just before, at 7-30pm.

Right, now this is where it gets interesting.

Also down on the Eurosport player for live coverage, at 3-20pm until 5-45pm, is "the tour of Italy".
    Now, given that 3-20pm is the time that the Italian road race goes live on Rai 3, I'd say it's gotta be this.
    The Italian road race has by far the most interesting course.

In contrast, Sporza has the Belgian champs from some time after 12-30pm, finishing around 4-15pm.
    That is a 17km, pan flat course, around the suburbs of Antwerp. :oops:

Also live via the interweb, this evening, we have the US road race.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mechanism wrote:
    11teeth wrote:

The Eurosport player has the French champs live from 1-15pm to 4-15pm.
    90 minute highlights on tv at 8-30pm.

UK champs highlights, also on Eurosport 1, just before, at 7-30pm.

Right, now this is where it gets interesting.

Also down on the Eurosport player for live coverage, at 3-20pm until 5-45pm, is "the tour of Italy".
    Now, given that 3-20pm is the time that the Italian road race goes live on Rai 3, I'd say it's gotta be this.
    The Italian road race has by far the most interesting course.

In contrast, Sporza has the Belgian champs from some time after 12-30pm, finishing around 4-15pm.
    That is a 17km, pan flat course, around the suburbs of Antwerp. :oops:

Also live via the interweb, this evening, we have the US road race.

I'm seeing at 2000, UK TT highlights from Thu...
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    The best BC can provide is highlights - not really 2017 is it? If you're the host town/ area you'd expect a bit more than brief highlights. Haven't they heard of YouTube - stick it on their channel, job sorted....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Mechanism wrote:
    11teeth wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks to this BC TV débâcle I've learnt a new emoticon.
  • The British women's RR is a corker
  • The British women's RR is a corker

Lizzie Deignan wins solo with a v late attack, after Elinor Barker had beeen solo off the front for yonks. Archibald 2nd, Hannah Barnes 3rd. Barker 4th.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    lyn1 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

The WT guys who do not have team support (accommodation/service etc) are supported by BC, either directly or by allocating them to teams that do have support. It has been like that for years. No story here.
    I was more suggesting that they all know each other well so go out riding with the Sky car. Just friends helping each other out.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    RichN95 wrote:
    lyn1 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I was more suggesting that they all know each other well so go out riding with the Sky car. Just friends helping each other out.

I sort of misread the question, and had a vision of Stannard toiling away carrying a massive rucksack full of bottles and kit etc, with a couple of spare wheels lashed to the top, like a two-wheeled version of some of the Asian lorries you see. You wouldn't put it past him, would you?
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Any ticker feeds for the Manx race? Now I've thought about it, I should know the answer is 'unlikely' seeing as BC are involved
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Jesús Herrada wins Spanish MRR
    2- Alejandro Valverde
    3- Ion Izaguirre
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    AndyRAC wrote:
    The best BC can provide is highlights - not really 2017 is it? If you're the host town/ area you'd expect a bit more than brief highlights. Haven't they heard of YouTube - stick it on their channel, job sorted....

If they spent £50k to broadcast it live, a) everyone would complain about the quality of the coverage and b) everyone would complain about the waste of money.

They can't win in this situation.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Juraj wins in Slovakia
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Any ticker feeds for the Manx race? Now I've thought about it, I should know the answer is 'unlikely' seeing as BC are involved

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/natio ... m=referral
  • yourpaceormine
    Dav1d1 wrote:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/natio ... m=referral

Thank you
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706

BC Ticker:
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/natio ... ionships-0

Tweets - https://mobile.twitter.com/search/live?q=%23roadchamps
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Would love to see the British Road Race, but seems it's not being shown anywhere.

French road race is on youtube now. 55 km to go.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Juraj wins in Slovakia
    Well done to Juraj.. am I correct that his only wins are in the national championship ?
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    The ITV4 schedule I am seeing right now has NO highlights. Hoping that it is outdated. Presuming the Eurosport coverage of Men TT this evening is actually Men's RR
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    imatfaal wrote:
    The ITV4 schedule I am seeing right now has NO highlights. Hoping that it is outdated. Presuming the Eurosport coverage of Men TT this evening is actually Men's RR

showing on the EPG as Men & Womens TT, road race is tomorrow, nothing showing on ITV4
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,436
    Good finish by Demare in France, Bouhanni not happy but didn't ever look like he had speed to get past. Watching Italian road race now on Eurosport player... shame no British coverage.
  • yourpaceormine
    Sinkeldam (Sunweb) wins Dutch title