Slightly embarrassing problem!

tightbarsteward
tightbarsteward Posts: 123
Now I think this is probably cycling related as the problem has got worse as my volume/time in the saddle has gone up over the past couple of years and have started TT'ing as well as doing long sportive's.

Basically the colour seems to have started draining from the end of my penis. The once purple head had started turning every so gradually to a kind of white/pearl colour. & seems to be getting worse. I don't have any other problems like erectile dysfunction. Its basically cosmetic, but pretty unsightly. My Mrs thinks its to do with lack of blood flow. I was suffering from a bit of numbness on time trials when I 1st started them last year but the problem had developed before then, & I have haven't had numbness much since Ive had bike fits. In fact numbness isn't really a problem I've ever suffered from while cycling.

I have had Retul bike fits on my bike's, so I don't think my position is a problem. Im in the process of trying different saddles to see if the problem gets any better. A Selle SMP didn't seem to improve the problem so I am now trying noseless saddles from ISM.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this & can share any words of wisdom? I can understand not many people wanting to share any experiences as its pretty embarrassing but Im pretty close to going to my doctors and wapping the old fella out for him to inspect. Which would be a whole lot more embarrassing! :oops: :lol:

Comments

• I think the what you would consider to be more the embarrassing aspect would be the most sensible! Go get it checked out, my view on doctors is there won't be much they haven't seen!
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Yep, see the Dr first.

But I'd also give Phil Gaimon's "Worst Retirement Ever" a watch too - Phil's Garage segment when he's explaining which saddle he uses and why. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwLWaGxX0CE
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    You just need to ride to your local bike shop, show them the problem and see what they advise.

Seriously go to the doctor and see what they suggest.
  • Kajjal wrote:
    You just need to ride to your local bike shop, show them the problem and see what they advise.

Seriously go to the doctor and see what they suggest.

I already did that & showed it the girl behind the counter! For some reason they called the police & banned me!

But yes, OK I get it! I'll make the appointment!
  • Dinyull wrote:
    Yep, see the Dr first.

But I'd also give Phil Gaimon's "Worst Retirement Ever" a watch too - Phil's Garage segment when he's explaining which saddle he uses and why. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwLWaGxX0CE

"Sex in the feed zone" :lol::lol::lol:

A guy I ride with sometimes told me of a chap he knows who did LEJOG & couldn't get it up for 3 months after he'd finished the ride! Don't know how true it is but I would have given up cycling for good!
  • paul64
    paul64 Posts: 278
    It's not embarrassing to go to the Dr, through your life you're going to get the gloves and KY prostrate check and all manner of things, trust me a cystoscopy is far more intrusive! Put your health first, get them to check you out and sort a saddle that lets the blood flow. We live in a sort of surreal image and marketing world but put your primieval problem-check-solve hat on and you'll be fine.