2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    32 tomorrow here according to met office. Bit of a breeze at least.
    I'm riding in again tomorrow. Nice day for it.

Aye, me too. Though sideways sleet in February is also a nice day for it. Only drunkenness i.e. > 5 pints or being in Frankfurt keeps me off the bike. I did try the bike in Frankfurt, but was distracted by the Romanian hookers.
    Cycle into some lamp posts did you?

Out of interest, how do you know they were Romanian? :P

Nah, stopped, got off the bike, locked the bike, went into the club, got ripped off, spoke to the hookers, ascertained their Romanian-ness. Left without galloping nobrot, but more than a few euros lighter for not much more than a flash of saggy tit and a warm beer. Apparently I went to the wrong place. The brothels are where it's at if you have the money and inclination.

I was there during a car show once, the red light district was absolutely heaving.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    did she know you Pinno, or is this one of those types of girls Seano talks about
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    > 5 pints - they could be of any denomination.

Let's say 5 pints of premium. I could do 5 of session ale < 4%, but nearly 3 litres at >5% would be more than a bit dangerous.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    I knew a Finnish girl called Petra Hamailainen. (Don't know how to get the accents, so that's verbatim TBH). She had platinum hair and very stark faint blue eyes. Stunning, other worldly.
    My then GF wouldn't let me go to her wedding. Green eyed I guess.

Sounds like a Finnish girl. They like a drink though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    "Aye" ?! Are you originally from sweatie land Hopkins?
    Nope. Half Finnish, half English. Is aye solely a sweaty word? It just seems right to say aye sometimes. :mrgreen:
    'Why aye, pet' - that's Geordie.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    I was there during a car show once, the red light district was absolutely heaving.
    Makes sense - Veronese and TLW work in the car industry.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    edited June 2017
    Flâneur wrote:
    did she know you Pinno, or is this one of those types of girls Seano talks about

I got to know her at Uni. The then GF was insanely jealous.

"Sounds like a Finnish girl. They like a drink though.".

Oh Christ yeah. Most Scandinavian girls can. I knew a Danish girl. Met her coming out of the lecture theatre. Went out for a few pints and got drunk. Promptly fell off the bike at the bottom of the prom in Cheltenham with her shouting at me "What did you do that for?" and "Don't be silly". She was sober as a judge!
    Next day, Anna was talking to her flat mate in the computer room. She didn't know I was there. She was asked "Where did you go to last night?" She says "Had a drink with that R** bloke, the one with the Swedish girlfriend...oh and he fell off his bike". "Did you have a lot to drink?" "I didn't - he did. When I bought a round, I bought myself shandies...ha ha...lol".

Then I made my presence to them clear and she turned scarlet. It was bloody funny.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Only been to one whore house and it was on a rally with work - drank a lot by even my standards but didn't dare use the toilet
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Only been to one whore house and it was on a rally with work - drank a lot by even my standards but didn't dare use the toilet
    I don't think you can catch anything from the bog seat.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    "Aye" ?! Are you originally from sweatie land Hopkins?
    Nope. Half Finnish, half English. Is aye solely a sweaty word? It just seems right to say aye sometimes. :mrgreen:
    Finland! I love Finland, why didn't you say so. I've just finished watching Border Town on Netflix so I consider myself a bit of an expert, fermented shark, smorgasbord, Haile Gebrselassie, ahh Finland. And during the period I was training to become World Strongest Man, Finland had an excellent pedigree. :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    TLW1 wrote:
    Downside I now can't meet strange people in London on Thursday
    Not that strange, Seano has wimped out.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Downside I now can't meet strange people in London on Thursday
    Not that strange, Seano has wimped out.

He might have wimped back in again, as the weather is due to be a bit cooler.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    He had better wimp back in or i'll have to change my signature again.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Wimp back!?
    How about "triumphant return"? Or "Glorious comeback." :roll: Ungrateful S.O.B's.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Words like "return" and "comeback" imply you'd bothered turning up previously.
    Talking of returns or comebacks where the **** is HD?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Wimp back!?
    How about "triumphant return"? Or "Glorious comeback." :roll: Ungrateful S.O.B's.
    I've just looked at the weather forecast for Richmond Hill tomorrow at 7pm - it's going to be a truly sweltering 23c :wink: