monday is a topological flaw in spacetime

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    I hold my hands up, I'm a wuss. An ice bucket for each foot and one to sit on might be a compromise.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'll have cycled along from the City back nice and slowly in the sunshine and will be nicely glowing and ready for a cold beer. Or got into a stupid race along the embankment and will be a red sweaty mess ready for a heart attack.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I'll have ridden home by 5pm, then I'll dump some stuff and have a cold drink. Having done that I'll go out for a bit of a ride to kill some time. Otherwise I'll be a dribbling mess by the time anyone else arrives. Might go for off road laps of the park as there's more shade on the trail.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Seano's a wuss... pass it on and Flan is a hipster. Who'd have thought?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Flâneur wrote:
    Ps Stevo, why the issue between Strop and Stress. I appreciate it isn't quality TV by any stretch.
    I reckon Stressy thinks its worse than it is. Either that or she's worried it gives her ideas. She wasn't happy when she told me and I smirked :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Ps Stevo, why the issue between Strop and Stress. I appreciate it isn't quality TV by any stretch.
    I reckon Stressy thinks its worse than it is. Either that or she's worried it gives her ideas. She wasn't happy when she told me and I smirked :)
    Asked my own littlelessstropteen if she had watched Love Island. She sneered at me and said no. Asked if she had any interest in it and I got the slight roll of her eyes that was enough to tell me I know nothing. But she did say it was of no interest to her. Then she enquired as to why I was asking. I then had to explain this thread. She thinks I'm even more of a moron now.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not sure you needed to open your mouth for that to be her prime thought of her loving papa. Child's prerogative ain't it
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    I'm led to believe it's morons screwing and fighting in a contrived island setting, to be chronicled in the type of magazine they have by the tills in the coop near me.
  • Stevo_666
    Turns out one of the teachers at school had let them watch it :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    I hold my hands up, I'm a wuss. An ice bucket for each foot and one to sit on might be a compromise.
    I guess you've just got better things to do on Thursday :wink:

3192D5AF00000578-0-image-a-1_1456472405390.jpg
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

WTF? It's hardly educational. Perhaps they were analysing it. Which can only mean one thing: they will have decided that gender stereotyping is a terrible thing and the media are to blame. Then she'll cut her hair short (dyed multi coloured), wear her lapel in that funny sort of way, get some piercings and pull you up for any subtle discrepancies and apparent references to sexism. It's the beginning of the end. You're f*cked mate.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

WTF? It's hardly educational. Perhaps they were analysing it. Which can only mean one thing: they will have decided that gender stereotyping is a terrible thing and the media are to blame. Then she'll cut her hair short (dyed multi coloured), wear her lapel in that funny sort of way, get some piercings and pull you up for any subtle discrepancies and apparent references to sexism. It's the beginning of the end. You're f*cked mate.
    I already get enough crap but I just let most of wash over me. Teenagers will be teenagers. Was tempted to send Stressbag a link to this: :)

https://youtu.be/Ydsuf37_Auo
  • Flâneur
    just watched it. Not sure why the teacher had it on. However it is no worse than what they see/talk about anyway or see on instagram/tumblr.

As you say teenagers will be teenagers.

on a real note, legs hurt after the gym session, just lay on the floor with them on the window ledge, the Date was muttering something about foot marks on the window and don't I dare
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...the Date was muttering something about foot marks on the window and don't I dare

Have you not explained that she is secondary to the bike?!
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Blimey - it's a tough day going on - hope things get sorted Oxo and TWL

@Phil485 - if you've run the battery down (red light), rather than it "failed", you get 100 shifts at the rear. Assume it has put it in the small ring? Is there an LBS you can drop into for a quick top-up? When I played "charger chicken" on my first bike, I just dropped into my LBS and 5 mins on the charger saw me at nearly 50%.

Made it home with minimum gear changes. All charhed and ready to go again.
  • Flâneur
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...the Date was muttering something about foot marks on the window and don't I dare

Have you not explained that she is secondary to the bike?!

secondary... haha
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Asked my own littlelessstropteen if she had watched Love Island. She sneered at me and said no. Asked if she had any interest in it and I got the slight roll of her eyes that was enough to tell me I know nothing. But she did say it was of no interest to her. Then she enquired as to why I was asking. I then had to explain this thread. She thinks I'm even more of a moron now.

I feel like this has now become the cyclist's equivalent to mumsnet. Surely all you had to do was learn some of their hip new words, tried to be cool and she'd have told you everything? :wink:
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    tried to be cool
    Biggest mistake a parent can make. As soon as you try you have failed. Epic fail.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    tried to be cool
    Biggest mistake a parent can make. As soon as you try you have failed. Epic fail.

This.

Parent's trying to be hip are off the scale cringe worthy.

Don't you moan HB, us war veterans did a an assault on mumsnet. We have 'deep' scars to prove it. Does anyone remember the Mum who told someone (possibly Yossie) to "F*ck off somewhere and when they had f*cked off to there they can f*ck off again..." etc?
    One of the funniest posts I have ever read. It was of the Agent picolax quality. These posts should be archived for posterity.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    tried to be cool
    Not quite as big a mistake, but when Stressy had finished having her little discussion with Stroppy yesterday evening, she came downstairs and found me watching Love Island. I love it when I can say 'I'm doing it purely for research, dear' :mrgreen:
  • pinno
    How does your wife put up with you?
    Second question: Have you actually got a sex life?
    With Thursday night's BB extravaganza looming, shouldn't you be earning Brownie points rather than burning them?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    How does your wife put up with you?
    Second question: Have you actually got a sex life?
    With Thursday night's BB extravaganza looming, shouldn't you be earning Brownie points rather than burning them?
    So now you're the forum agony aunt and relationship advisor? And a nosey gimboid :)
  • pinno
    Slightly tetchy are we?

Keep you fingers crossed - you might get some action tomorrow night :wink:
  • veronese68
    Where's he going tomorrow night?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I don't think we've been invited to tomorrow's gay orgy by the sound of it.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    It's now tomorrow night...so :D

Maybe it's still yesterday where you are.

It's 1974 where I am.

Wtf day is it.

Drinking in the afternoon of a school night is probably wrong.

Why is halloumi squeaky?

So many questions...so much time :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:

To the Roebuck.

Will Stevo squeak more than halloumi?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Slightly tetchy are we?

Keep you fingers crossed - you might get some action tomorrow night :wink:
    No, just wondering why you're asking. You bored again?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

To the Roebuck.

Will Stevo squeak more than halloumi?

He's going Thursday. Or at least I am, and V68 too. If Stevo turns up tomorrow, he's getting nowt.

I love a bit of halloumi.
  • pinno
    I missed a day. Maybe some punters will turn up a day early in eager excitement.