monday is a topological flaw in spacetime

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, might take the day off though and enjoy the weather

decided that i haven't got enough tubs, ordered some veloflex sprinters and criteriums, get them ready to fit for next hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, working today, lovely weather tan coming along nicely
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Today's beach and restaurant are sorted. I'll think about the menu choice as I perspire on the beach and mitigate my guilt with a dusty MTB ride up some fire tracks.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Another visit to the dentist this morning to get the permanent crown fitted. This means I will have to drive in this glorious sunshine, thankfully the car has air con. Probably wind up a bit chaotic as I then have to catch up with everything.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Coincidentally, I'm off to the dentist as well later this morning so working from home for now. Need to be in the office later so have a nice sweaty train ride to look forward to later. The joys.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, 27c already tis barmy weather. office, fan, coffee, dodge responsibilities, home, beer, attempt sleep.

Plans for today are done
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Drifting aimlessly with my sleeves rolled up. Dodging any kind of work. Enjoying the air-conditioned comfort of the office. Too hot for anything else really. Nanny turned up in the shortest of shorts.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nanny turned up in the shortest of shorts.

Pics please and in the absence of any, you are simply torturing us in a vicarious manner.

Toots 1 and 2 delivered. Me got a bit of a run around me then it's the Arches... [Breaks into random but slightly associated song] "...underneath the arches...".

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    There's trouble brewing at home - Stressbag found out that Stropteen has been watching 'Love Island' on her iPad and disapproves strongly. There's going to be feathers flying tonight...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Pics please and in the absence of any, you are simply torturing us in a vicarious manner.

Pretty sure that as her employer, taking pictures of her in short shorts is a bad thing. Not sure how I'd slip it into conversation either.

"Sprog's lunch is in the fridge, suncream on the side, and if you could just bend over while I take a picture for the chaps in bottom bracket? Lovely, and now forward for the cleavage? Perfect. Have a good day!" :D
  • veronese68
    Can't see anything wrong with that hb.
    Dentist rang at 9.15 and told me he'd pulled a sicky so had to postpone. Got changed and rode in to work. Very grateful that we have air conditioning.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Recovering from being food poisoned on Sat night. Evening to decompress with my brother back-fired. The total pi55er is I can't see Eve until I'm better.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Long warm day today with a reasonable commute, not what is needed after 4hrs of driving to see my grandad who had fallen and was in hospital - as I arrived they took him in for his operation :(
  • Stevo_666
    @MRS and TLW - both of these things suck :( . Hope everyone makes a good recovery.

TLW - will we be seeing you on Thursday?
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Commute in today. Might be single speed on the way home as DI2 battery has decided die. no front shifting for last half of ride in.
    Home alone tonight so bike fettling in front of telly
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Afternoon all. Hope everything improves for MRS. Oxo and TWL.

Suffered on my ride yesterday and my mater were no help the bastards! Lots of coffee today to find the mental stimulation to work.

Shorts and linen shirt for office attire today, could do with some A/C in here. School run was a sight though. Not looking forward to the pick up, suspect I will be asked for an ice cream from a popular place in Parkgate, which will be far too busy.

Now time to find 30 minutes to call skip companies for a quote. removed the uneven patio from a terrace and now need rid. No idea on big a skip but surely the person on the phone can help... oh wait 2 so far were of no use. At least I got a figure.

Ciao

Ps Stevo, why the issue between Strop and Stress. I appreciate it isn't quality TV by any stretch.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Pretty sure that as her employer, taking pictures of her in short shorts is a bad thing. Not sure how I'd slip it into conversation either.
    How would you slip it into conversation!? While you're lavishing her with praise, compliments and flattery with a sincere and matter of fact delivery of course. This is why I'm not allowed a nanny, ever. :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • meanredspider
    Blimey - it's a tough day going on - hope things get sorted Oxo and TWL

@Phil485 - if you've run the battery down (red light), rather than it "failed", you get 100 shifts at the rear. Assume it has put it in the small ring? Is there an LBS you can drop into for a quick top-up? When I played "charger chicken" on my first bike, I just dropped into my LBS and 5 mins on the charger saw me at nearly 50%.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • seanoconn
    Currently melting and as much as I love you guys and not sure I can stand working in 30 degree heat on Thursday, sitting on 2 stuffy buses and sitting in a pub garden in 30 degree heat.
  • seanoconn
    Good luck to all the BBers having a tough time of it.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Currently melting and as much as I love you guys and not sure I can stand working in 30 degree heat on Thursday, sitting on 2 stuffy buses and sitting in a pub garden in 30 degree heat.

Ride your bike? No need for buses.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Good luck to all the BBers having a tough time of it.

Seconded.
  • meanredspider
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Ride your bike? No need for buses.

Yup - my poor son was stuck on a broken down bus for 40 minutes yesterday on his way to visit his sister. I was meant to be giving him a lift but needed to be within 5s of a toilet :|
  • veronese68
    So Seano is the first one in with an excuse for Thursday. Man up you big Jessie. Looks like I will be in the Roebuck on Wednesday evening as well. We are talking about doing our pub wobble, unfortunately it makes it my round at the Roebuck as I'm quickest up the hill.
    That's bad timing MRS, hopefully it'll be gone as quickly as anything you eat is. Good luck to Oxo and TLW as well. I'm back in to see my mate in hospital tomorrow after work. Hopefully he will be out on Wednesday, though I doubt he'll make it to the pub for a while.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That's bad timing MRS,

Tell me about it. I'm kicking myself for eating out but I had a craving for a really great steak. The steak actually wasn't as good as I'd hoped (Manson du Steak - for any Cambridge locals) and it was probably the coleslaw or the starter. Fortunately, I should be fine before Thursday - the Big Day - when she gets the cells. Then it's fingers crossed time. One of the recent guys to have it done isn't looking too good but his stem cells had to come from his dad which is never a great match.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    :roll:

OK, two free Babychams ya big wuss.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Good luck MRS (and Oxo), all the best.

My problems are quite insignificant in comparison... It's hot, I can't be arsed to work and my mountain bike is destroyed after a weekend racing. It wasn't sunny on the west coast but I somehow managed to get horrific sunburn on my neck which feels like it's starting to blister. My legs are one large midge bite, the final stage was red flagged when we were waiting at the top so I sat for 40 minutes getting eaten alive then I got completely schooled watching the pro/elite riders, usually they start later so I dont get to see them on course. Best result I've ever had in my massive 4 race career but it was such a hard place to ride I'm not sure I'll be volunteering to go back...
  • seanoconn
    If you can find me an ice bath to lay in, next to your table, I'm there.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    MTFU!
  • hopkinb
    Ice bucket? One foot at a time? Lovely cool breeze at the Roebuck as well. Plus 2 babychams out of the fridge. You'll be Mr Frosty in no time.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    MTFU!
    Got it - ice cubes in his Babycham :D