Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Monday Mourning.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,844
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning Folks, Sorry couldn't resist beating someone to the daily bugle a bit earlier than usual. Suffering slightly from teatime ride after getting stung by nettles on narrow trail and rash refuses to go down or stop itching. More stone being delivered for patio area and plenty of whacker plate action to be done before heading off for night shift.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
    'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, cafe, physio, cafe, wfh, bar, dinner, seems enough for one day, though maybe needs more cafes

why this is monday nor are we out of it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,911
    Morning, another day of strong winds, although I am going to work shortly, have a good week
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,437 Lives Here
    Off to the dentist to sort out a crown, deep joy.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    Down with a thud this morning after a quality weekend racing Tweedlove enduro, should have done better on my home tracks but it was a lot of fun! Racing next weekend too so hopefully this will be a quieter week than the last two...
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,878
    Body sore after camping/decent bikes and ferkin pot holes

Today is shoot meetings
  • fat daddyfat daddy Posts: 2,605
    morning ..... Bristol looks like its a bout to p155 down .... but the weather says there is some sun, so I think I'll believe the phone rather than the window.

Cant be censored to leave my desk to go get a coffee so made an instant one with way too much powder I think I am about 3 sips away from either getting x-ray vision ... or sh1ting myself
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,014
    McNing,

Im with Fat Daddy, looks like its about to tip down at any moment so now trusting the weather person (keeping it PC) as much as I trust a politician.
    Someone tweaked the coffee machine so now it has more options including freshly brewed which tastes exactly the same as the rest except you can choose the amount of milk you have which is a mild bonus.

Veronese's deep joy is to soon turn to deep pain I'd imagine. Medicinal alcohol for you later I think.

Hoping today is over sooner than later not been massively well over the weekend and its literally spilled over into the working week. Today is a day spent faffing for bottom brackets seeing if I can get a halfway decent BSA 68-73 with a 30mm spindle hole that's not FSA. Term faff comes to mind here.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,003
    Suffered through another day of sunshine, coffee, lazy walks along the beach, swimming and an enforced nap in the sun for an hour or so, lost track, may have been 2.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,437 Lives Here
    step83 wrote:
    Veronese's deep joy is to soon turn to deep pain I'd imagine. Medicinal alcohol for you later I think.
    Still numb, over an hour in the chair so my jaw aches. Not dribbling at least, or I don't think I am.
    Regarding weather, why do people dress according to the calendar and not according to the actual weather? Early last week when it was cold, windy and wet there were loads of people dressed as if they were on holiday in Spain. Do they not have windows or access to weather forecasts?
    Soup for lunch.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
    pleasant first cafe break ogling a fine lady and reading my inyt while i had toast and a couple of double espresso

arranged a meeting with the french and belgians, now the belgians want a meeting about the meeting

the americans asked the asiapacificans for some info, the asiaspacificans spent a while asking each other, then asked me, i pointed out to the americans that they should've cut out the middlemen and simply asked me

the germans have let me know something i already knew

the australians don't even know that they don't know

the italians are late and unresponsive

the dutch have done nothing, probably stoned

as for the local, is he overloaded or does he just not get it

been to physio, and cafe, pretty much as planned so far
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    veronese68 wrote:
    Still numb, over an hour in the chair so my jaw aches. Not dribbling at least, or I don't think I am.
    Regarding weather, why do people dress according to the calendar and not according to the actual weather? Early last week when it was cold, windy and wet there were loads of people dressed as if they were on holiday in Spain. Do they not have windows or access to weather forecasts?
    Soup for lunch.

Straw for said soup?

I'm with you on the dressing for weather we live in Britain it could snow this afternoon for all we know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,054
    Dull & busy morning, crossword & sandwich, dull & busy afternoon and headwindy ride home to look forward to, followed by no booze. Roll on holiday, which begins a mere 7 weeks away.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    trying to sleep at my desk but people keep knocking on my door
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,732
    Flâneur wrote:
    The buggers. I bought a neck pillow to make sleeping at work much easier.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,732
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dull & busy morning, crossword & sandwich, dull & busy afternoon and headwindy ride home to look forward to, followed by no booze. Roll on holiday, which begins a mere 7 weeks away.
    My app says 62 days! :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    The buggers. I bought a neck pillow to make sleeping at work much easier.

Inflatable tie

1284481733389.JPEG
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Suffered through another day of sunshine, coffee, lazy walks along the beach, swimming and an enforced nap in the sun for an hour or so, lost track, may have been 2.

That's ma boy! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Pah, which fecker switched off the sun?
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,878
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    My app says 62 days! :D

Mine says even less :)
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,177
    Garry H wrote:
    Pah, which fecker switched off the sun?

Is that you back?

Me doing brickwork me. Never laid a brick vertically in my life until today but it's looking okay. Pics in PPP soon.

This is the first day of the week from hell. Update as I get through the mangle.

Bollox.

As an aside, might need a cataract op.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    Yup, i'm back. Still another week off work though. What's happening to make yours so shite?

Bike research continues. Saw a nice Orbea in that Spain place.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,983
    Sorry to hear about the cataract problem Mr. P. I think they're quite routine.

Busy but very productive day sorting the parents house again. Couple of charities came by and took away a fair bit of clothes and furniture. We got shot of loads of old books and a couple of beds down at the local dump. Still a fair bit to do though. On the plus side we did find some stuff that's worth auctioning off rather than just chucking/donating.

Not been back in the sunny south that long and have work to look forward to tomorrow. At least its a 4 day week.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Garry H wrote:
    What's happening to make yours so shite?

Meh.
    Today was 'routine':

Select bricks>pressure wash bricks>cut the odd brick in half>mix mortar>use plumb line, set square, spirit level and jointing trowel>repeat process...
    Tomorrow:
    Work for a bit>go to eye appt.>discuss op>work a bit more
    Wednesday> Take both toots to various places - (OH is at work)>drop one toot off for sports day>take one toot to Museum>go back to watch other toots at sports>go back to Museum for toots>pick up OH>squeeze in food>drop tricky to school concert>go back and pick toots up from school concert. Get them fed (late) and to bed.
    Thursday:
    Make brick arch>attend school concert for tricky.

I haven't planned for Friday 'cos some where along the line, I have to fit in cutting the grass (3hrs) and try and get 2 bike rides in (weather willing in both cases).

I think the only thing to do to cheer me up will be to give Stevo as much stick as possible in that thread in CS. It's all his fault anyway.

Good holiday?
    Sounds similar to my week, bricks and eye stuff aside.

Nice relaxing holiday, apart from the boy child going off on one every few minutes. Pool holidays not really my cup of tea, but the food was very good and I managed not to drink too much. Triex my hand at archery and managed to get a huge bruise on the inside of my left arm. Dangerous stuff that, could take your eye out. Lots of extremely fat, tattooed brits about, with bad sunburn, bad manners and no self concept.
    Garry H wrote:

Nice relaxing holiday, apart from the boy child going off on one every few minutes. Pool holidays not really my cup of tea, but the food was very good and I managed not to drink too much. Triex my hand at archery and managed to get a huge bruise on the inside of my left arm. Dangerous stuff that, could take your eye out. Lots of extremely fat, tattooed brits about, with bad sunburn.

Archery + Lots of extremely fat, tattooed brits about, with bad sunburn.

Hmm... I think there's a solution in there somewhere.
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Nice relaxing holiday, apart from the boy child going off on one every few minutes. Pool holidays not really my cup of tea, but the food was very good and I managed not to drink too much. Triex my hand at archery and managed to get a huge bruise on the inside of my left arm. Dangerous stuff that, could take your eye out. Lots of extremely fat, tattooed brits about, with bad sunburn.

Archery + Lots of extremely fat, tattooed brits about, with bad sunburn.

Hmm... I think there's a solution in there somewhere.

Indeed, but unfortunately they don't allow archery next to the pool. Mind you, a harpoon would have been more apt...
    "Get tooled up at Edwyn's before you go."

That was his catchphrase all the way through the expansion of the Empire but it still has relevance.
    On a more domestic front...

Looks like it's all gone to hell in a hancart in my absence!
    There,were children there that weighed more than me.
    Garry H wrote:
    There,were children there that weighed more than me.

That's not particularly hard.

I have never been on a package holiday and never will by the sounds of it. Will you do it again?