Stiff Rear Brakes. Any help?

1uuke
1uuke Posts: 10
edited June 2017 in Road beginners
Hi guys,

I am about to by a used bike and the handle of the rear brake is kinda hard to squeeze. I think its the inner cable is the culprit. What are your guesses?

Thanks !! :D

Comments

• Joshgav
    Joshgav Posts: 158
    What type of bike is it? My wife has a dropped top tube bike and due to the bends put in the cable, the rear brake is always stiff. That being said, it does probably need new cables.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Replacing the cable will sort it. If its not the cable itself it will become apparent what the issue is as you replace it.
  • 1uuke
    Joshgav wrote:
    What type of bike is it? My wife has a dropped top tube bike and due to the bends put in the cable, the rear brake is always stiff. That being said, it does probably need new cables.

Its a Cervelo R2. Thanks for the feedback, but I dont think its a due to bends in the frame because its quite straight.
  • 1uuke
    Fenix wrote:
    Replacing the cable will sort it. If its not the cable itself it will become apparent what the issue is as you replace it.

Yes I think the cable is the issue, will try to find some time and replace it. Thanks for the feedback!