Sir Bradley Wiggins - What a turncoat sellout twat.

2»

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Is this new one meant to be more 'off road' than the Yeti? The yetis get a good rep at work, I think I'd go for the Octavia Scout though (need 4x4)

It's a 7 seater so equivalent to Hyundai Santa Fe or cheap version of Volvo XC90/Audi Q7. We've got 5 kids so i looked at one, very nice but the two rear seats are only good for very small kids (under 10) so i didnt bother having a test drive.

Looked smart tho and not bad value if you only need occasional 7 seats. I ended up ordering another Kia Sorento, have been v pleased with mine

Fair enough, just wondered whether it was higher off the ground than the yeti really, when I say I need a 4x4 it just needs to take forest road abuse and have 4wd. My current pickup is a bit excessive with the goodrich AT tyres and a billion inches of suspension for 3hrs on the motorway then a day in the woods. The seat is made for oafs and I'm a midget so I get a bad back and I want something more user friendly. The problem is the company car tax on a car rather than a pickup is quite unfair if you need a 4x4 for work (generally poor mpg and higher value)

Yetis rock so much. Had one for work and it's brilliant - really good to drive, nippy, load it up with so much kit it's unbelievable and off you go.

Very recommended.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    This is the biggest load of bollox I have read in ages. Hat to that man for starting it - inspired load of bollox.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I think Bradders is doing a great job, in fact, I'm out to buy a car right now. Will park it next to the Chally MKii and the A10 Warthog.

I agree with you about the Yeti Matthew. Would buy one tomorrow, but the missus doesn't like them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    ZMC888 wrote:
    Cars are the new tobacco.
    Not quite, cars and vans do serve a purpose at least. I agree that private cars could be banned from some city centres unless you live there and the majority are far too reliant on their cars. Vans will still be needed to supply homes and businesses, emissions on vans will be improved.
    The tax applied on emissions is a red herring as it is only based on carbon emissions, nitrogen based emissions are the problem with diesels and they are far higher in diesel than petrol engines.
  • Matthewfalle
    ZMC888 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Don't Skoda spend quite a lot of money sponsoring cycling events, makes sense for them to have a cyclist advertising for them. As said above, makes sense for him to take the money now as well. There's only one thing in this thread that doesn't make sense.

My thoughts too. Wiggins is also still promoting the Wiggins team as well isn't he?

We could go back to the "good old days" when booze and fags were the only sponsors of major sports. Or he could jump on board with the online gambling sponsors that have taken over in many sports.

Cars are the new tobacco. In terms of large urban areas they absolutely should be banned. Think of all the air pollution produced, the land wasted on parking areas. People all say they need it/rely on it, but really for every drive in the rain with a full payload over 20km there are 100 under 5km with one person in it. An exercise in total selfishness and entitlement, even without considering the death and carnage, obesity and poor fitness of most drivers.

I think cars should be treated as a sometimes necessary evil, and definitely not glorified especially by a former professional cyclist in a year where so many professionals have been killed by cars.

If you like cars, fair enough you have a right to express your opinion, but then again, I also have the right to have the opinion of hating them.

Is my ambulance ok or should I get rid of that as well?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639

Smash it up with a hammer and chuck it into next door's garden, then RPG the feck out of it.

Then, just pop into Edwyn's and get another one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    If only AMG did diesels...oh, hang on :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Well the advertising is working. Sir Brad gets paid, he makes some adverts, someone takes issue with him doing so raises it in a forum full of people with money and an interest in cars. People jump in and defend both Brad and the Skoda brand.

Skoda brand comes out with a good profile.

Multiply that several times over and over with the forum being the office, the pub, Saturday morning ride, the commuting train etc and you have a successful campaign.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    i feel a strange urge to buy a skoda *

* line it up, breeze block on the loud pedal and send it crashing straight into this stupid fu​cking thread
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,247
    Skoda diesels were viewed as cleaner than clean. Then there was a scandal alleging that although they passed all the tests, they weren't anywhere near as virtuous as they were claiming.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

Smash it up with a hammer and chuck it into next door's garden, then RPG the feck out of it.

Then, just pop into Edwyn's and get another one.

Fill the back area that is normally full of ill people with fire that isn't yet on fire then drive the whole thing into next door's garden - load the RPG with fire that is on fire to set fire to the fire that isn't yet on fire that is in the back area normally full of ill people but is now full of fire that isn't on fire and jobs a fish badger, spotty dog.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wiggins trying to keep himself relevant and improve his bank balance
    Brits trying to justify their overuse of motor cars
    All in one thread.
    And Matthew being Matthew
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Well if that and other people buying disc braked bikes (another thread) are all ZMC has to worry about in this day and age, I admire him (well admire isn't really the word but I'm being extra polite today).
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)