Giro 2017: STAGE 8: Molfetta – Peschici 189 km *spoilers*

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    TheBigBean wrote:
    The crashing uphill club is fairly exclusive.

Last time in the Grio was Menchov I believe.

Who also falls off going in a straight line.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Fun stage that.

Also where I will be on holiday so was glad to see it so pretty.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Just watched the highlights in Danish (with Eurovision on loudly). Looked like a fun finale, thought Landa's heart wasn't really in it.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Looking at how Landa and G are riding as team leaders is quite interesting. G is riding according to the Chris Froome manual: ride to your own tempo, be very attentive in the final stages of every day (fight for places, don't lose time, try and sneak a second here and there). G has been very visibly protected towards the end of each stage.
    Landa on the other hand is more of a wildcard, doesn't seem to be protected in the same way G has been. He has also slipped down GC (okay not really an issue as everyone is on the same time, but it does illustrate howseemingly less attentive he has been in the final couple of km). Today's attack? A stretch of the legs? Odd how he gave up on it.
    Sky have been rather anonymous so far, a few forays into positioning up to the 3km mark, and the G, Landa & Deignan show on stage 4.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    TheBigBean wrote:
    The crashing uphill club is fairly exclusive.

Last time in the Grio was Menchov I believe.

Who also falls off going in a straight line.

Paolo Tiralongo managed to lose it on a bend on the Mortirolo of all places a few years ago (last time they went up it) :lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com