boardman pro mtb vs cube attention sl 29er

jwmachon
jwmachon Posts: 46
edited May 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

Well I have spent a day testing different bikes including whyte, scott etc but it as come down to the choice between the boardman pro mtb and the cube attention sl 29er. I can get the boardman pro at £800 aswell.

Anybody got any insight to help me decide?

Many Thanks,

Jonny

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends on what bits they have. Links help.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The Boardman has better bits. At the same price no contest.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jwmachon
    Are they marginally better or lots better is there anything on the cube better than boardman

Thanks
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    The Boardman setup is much more current with the 1x11 Sram drivechain. I've been really impressed with it on my Pro FS. Better fork, Mavic rims, better groupset. The only reason to pic the Cube is if you wanted a Shimano drivechain/groupset, or you REALLY didn't want the Boardman for some reason.
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Biggest plus for the Boardman is the Reba vs XC 30 fork. Though I think the Tredz page is incorrect as the Cube website itself shows the fork as a Recon Silver, which would make more sense as I don't think the XC30 comes in an air variant. There's £150-£200 difference in retail price between the Recon Silver and the Reba which tells a story.

Don't know how accurate Halfords weights are as it shows it as 11kg, whereas Cube report their bike as 13.45kg. 11kg seems very light (therefore likely inaccurate).
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • Longy255
    Longy255 Posts: 2
    Morning All, just to give you heads up Freeborn cycles Horsham are selling the Cube Atten Sl 2017 for £639.20 with 20% discount code, getting one delivered 2mro.

Bargain..
  • jwmachon
    What's the 20% discount code
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Boardman's own website quotes 11.5kg weight. Though I can't quite see where it loses 2kg compared to the Cube, but if they were actually that different in weight I'd have thought that would be a compelling reason alone to spend £160 more if you have it.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • Longy255
    Longy255 Posts: 2
    The Cube RRP is 799.00

Go on freeborn cycles homepage there is a loyality code, type it in at checkout an get 20% off anything.

Enjoy.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,842
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • I have the Boardman Pro and I can vouch for the weight. It is really light for a 29er. I have had mine for over a year now and I would definitely buy another one.