Night Time event - BHFs Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride - charity Ride

KateBHF.OFFROAD
KateBHF.OFFROAD Posts: 11
edited May 2017 in Road general
HI,

Sorry i couldnt see where would be a better place to post this. I wanted to tell you all about our fantastic night ride thats taking place on the 7th October 2017! Please see the info below and if you have any questions let me know - I will be happy to help (if i can :lol: )

Our only night time event offers you a unique experience not to be missed. Cycling from midnight, through the night, you will take on the best of Lancashire’s sleepy lanes as you head towards the dazzling lights of the Blackpool illuminations, which will be switched on and ready to welcome you across the finish line. 

This event is a 52 mile on road bike ride with no closed roads. Participants must be 18 and above due to the nature of night time riding. All participants must wear a helmet and have working bike lights. 

Start location:  Intu Trafford Centre, Manchester, M41 7TB
Start Time:  12.00 Midnight Saturday 7th October 2017 

Finish Location: Blackpool Promenade, Comedy Carpet, Blackpool, FY1 1AP
Finish Time: 08.00am Sunday 8th October 2017 

Support - the ride is supported by first aid, search and rescue and bike mechanics. Toilets and refreshments will be available at each location including 2 rest stops along the route. 

Transport - a coach service is available to take you to the start of the event and back again once you have completed the ride! 

This really is an amazing event and if anyone wants to know more, or to sign up let me know :D you can find out more information by visiting www.bhf.org.uk/m2b or emailing events@bhf.org.uk

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Great cause, but when did the A6 become a sleepy lane?
    More problems but still living....