Rear Bike carrier for A3 Sportback.

plowmar
plowmar Posts: 1,032
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Does any one out there own an Audi A3 and use a rear bike carrier.?

When I've searched Saris or Bones sites they say that they do not make them for that car. What do you do? and if you do use a rear carrier which one.

To narrow it down neither my wife nor I are flexible enough to lift hybrid bikes onto a roof rack, and to fit a tow hitch and buy a bike carrier for that will cost in excess of £1500.

Comments

• Would any of the SeaSucker solutions work?
  • plowmar
    Not sure - shown on an Audi TT but looks as if the rear wheel may bounce on rear window and still have to get the bike up there. Have you had any experience? Pippi.
  • plowmar wrote:
    Not sure - shown on an Audi TT but looks as if the rear wheel may bounce on rear window and still have to get the bike up there. Have you had any experience? Pippi.
  • Nope, no experience sorry
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Just ensure that whatever you get doesn't rub and damage the car paintwork. Tow-bar solutions are the best for avoiding this
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Try the Thule Freeway.

Seems to be capable of being fitted to almost any car IME.

I had it on the back of a fussy car a while back with spoiler and it fitted well...

Just use some heli tape to stop any rubbing on bodywork.
  • plowmar
    After checking it looks as if the rear bumper isn't solid enough to bear any weight - crash protection? - so have decided, on the basis that it was the only solution left, to go with roof bars made by thule but branded Audi.
    Nevertheless thanks for help and advice.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    What model audi is it? I think I have a carrier,it was for a 5 door 2008 model.