Selle Italia SLR saddle Monorail Carbon

RoadRacer1973
RoadRacer1973 Posts: 20
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
SADDLE1.jpg

SADDLE2.jpg

Sorry for the quality of pictures but they were not mine.

Anyways question is I have recently bought this saddle but not doing my homework i think i have bought the wrong kind as i doubt this will fit on my bike. (Didn't realise about the rail or even the style)
Anyone know if this rail is a special kind or will need a special seat post?
So when i get it i will probably move it on. can't send it back you see.
The Saddle is brand new.
So not saying how much i payed for it but how much do you guys reckon its worth?
I want to know if I'm going to be out of pocket.
I will say what i payed for it after i get some responses as i don't have a clue.
I actually don't even have the item yet.

If anyone can help me would be great thanks Johnny.

Comments

• I can't even find the saddle from the Selle Italia site.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    You will need a monolink compatible seatpost - but I think Selle Italia may have quietly dropped the monolink concept in the meantime. Not surprising if so, as it addressed an issue that nobody had.
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Not sure of the value second hand but you can buy an sls version new for 30 quid. You will need a monorail seatpost if you want to use the saddle. Rose seem to spec them on lots of their bikes.
    Ritchey make a seatpost that would fit it but I reckon you won't want to fork out for one just so you can use that saddle and it's a pretty limited market you're appealing to if you want to sell it.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • Cheers lads,
    schoolboy error on my part.
    I'm not forking out for a new seatpost as well.
    I payed £27 for it so i think i may lose a few quid.
    but i only have myself to blame.
    Why did i not look at the rail I'm a complete tool.
    Thanks anyway for your help.
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    This is what you would need and frankly not worth the money.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/selle-italia-monolink-carbon-seat-post/
  • Will any other Monolink seatpost work or will it have to be a Selle Italia model? Never used one maybe if i find a cheap post on ebay i might go for it. but im not gonna buy something else and find out the 2 brands don't go together.
    I'm just feeling kinda stupid here. Hers me looking forward to a new saddle now i have to either sell it or add something to make it work lol.
    Cheers.
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Not sure how many companies actually make them anymore but I know Ritchey make one and it works fine with selle italia saddles.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • Hmmm getting worried about even selling this on now. Looks a very niche market.
    Comes in 3's so they say i lost a £20 note on a bike ride this morning on a very windy ride. god knows where it went so that's two down.
    need a change in luck.
    Thanks for all ur help guys
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    I have one of these on my mtb although use it with a SE Flite saddle - the bike came with this fitted. Advantage is that they tend to be cheaper than normal saddles, when you can find them, as they never really became popular.

I ride exactly the same saddle on my road bike only the normal rail version and there is no difference when riding so am not surprised they never really took off.

Ebay it if you don't want to buy a post to go with it. Personally I'd not want to be tied in to a niche product like this.
  • Great news for myself the Seller will take it back.
    So all ends well.
    I will have to look more carefully next time.
    Appreciate all the help anyways guys thanks.