Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Sunday a day of chocolate for some

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks. Last shift nearly over. Bit of shut eye coming up followed by late breakfast and taking kids local bowling alley. Chocolate eggs to follow.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• gethincerigethinceri Posts: 1,125
    A day of Codeine and Amstel Gold for me.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,929
    Working today, Carvery booked for later though
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,215
    'ning

ride, cafes

long weekend feels weird
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
    No run as I'm resting the leg still

A bit of logging this morning then off to pick up my grandparents and show them the house for the first time.

Then on the bike to my parents as the wife takes everyone else in the car for an Easter egg hunt. My turn for ale so happy days
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,455 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Happy chocolate egg Bollokcs and be thankful for the days off if you get them. Back hurts today as the flooring was done yesterday, also laced up the back wheel. Off to Gloucester today to see the brother in law, there will undoubtedly be tears from the Mrs but we need to go and see him whilst he is feeling well enough. Have the best day you can everybody and be thankful for the little things.
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,039
    Ride this morning, visiting pm,
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Happy Easter wotsit

Me with toots me. Left eye has slight ulceration and is giving me serious jip so everything is one eyed today. Why on a weekend, ffs?
    Off swimming soonish. OH doesn't finish till late as it's busy busy busy at work.

Amstel Gold later - come on Gilbert.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,009
    Cracking day. Out for several hours just pootling about town with OH and a couple friends. Cafe, plenty of laughs and just the right amount of effort required.

Now sat here late at night with food additive reaction. Well, wine additive I think. Feckit.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
    pinno wrote:
    Amstel Gold later - come on Gilbert.

Get in!
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Just back. Stupidest place a bike has ever taken me.

Saw the world's buffest bull though.
    Garry H wrote:

Kirkstone pass?
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Kirkstone pass?

Nah, Wrynose, much, much worse. Worst place I've been on a bike, both physically and metaphorically. Had a really bad day. Really bad cramp in both thighs, which I never normally suffer from. Had to stop for five minutes on the climb out of Windermere. Really beautiful place to ride though.
    Why Wrynose ya plonker?!
    pinno wrote:
    Why Wrynose ya plonker?!

Been up to Kirkstone pass before, via the Struggle.

Stunning area, turned left after Wrynose and cycled back through the Duddon Valley. Then another long, hardish climb out of there. It was a hard sixty miles.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    Well I had half a bar of Cadburys dairy milk in the car on the way back down South. I guess that counts.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well I had half a bar of Cadburys dairy milk in the car on the way back down South. I guess that counts.

Probably contains more chocolate than you find in the average easter egg.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably contains more chocolate than you find in the average easter egg.
    And a fair bit cheaper.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    They don't roll down a hill as well though.
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That's more than I've had :(
    tlw1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...but you made up for it with beer. (probably).
    pinno wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...but you made up for it with beer. (probably).

Good point well made