Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

It's Saturday you slackers. Wakey wakey.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
Beat you all to this morning. Currently deep in machine code wishing it was 6. Parkrun later then sleep followed by last night shift. Enjoy your days off.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• sungodsungod Posts: 13,221
    'ning

i used to code all night, that was in the 80s though when sleep was optional

hill repeats, cafes, vegging

seems like it's a bit nippy out
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,936
    Morning lads
    Working today, bike ride later, still in Gatehouse of Fleet, what a lovely part of Scotland ideal for cycling
    Have a good weekend
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,703
    Eufff... who decided that early rides are good???
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Meh

Should be out running but I've strained my Achilles so rest just when I needed to up my training

Off to a point to point today and I've borrowed an xk150, so should be fun
  • Have a nice day
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Going to try to get the girl out for a stroll today, the boy is playing in a rugby sevens tournament so might go and watch a bit of that. He did say he's probably going to be having a beer or two so I might cycle over and pick his car up. Like an XK TLW, don't rush the gear change those boxes are dreadful. More flooring avoidance methinks.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,013
    Day 2 of a 4 day weekend. Excellent weather too, perfect autumn stuff. Tried to spend money but failed. BBQ dinner with a hefty helping of shiraz is helping to erase the week just gone at least. Lost an old friend on Monday in very sad circumstances. :cry:

Tomorrow will be riding a bike. Who'd have thought?
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    Meh. Trying to avoid thinking about the North Korea conundrum. Well, two head cases with power basically.
    Is there any good news?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Sorry to hear that Spinner.
    Just cycled over to pick the Mini up from the rugby club. Missed the lad playing unfortunately, I commented how hard 7s is as there is no time to take a break. He agreed and said he thought he was going to throw up at one point. Then said that could have been the port somebody bought him just before he went on. Apparently there's some tradition about buying the youngest player a drink when they go on. I think he may struggle later.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Evening people, Day spent mainly in the saddle nice century in the bag today so happy me, unhappy legs.

Large pig portion is out resting while the veg etc cooks, being faux middle class with some Prosecco.

My condolences Spinner, never nice to hear people loosing a friend, raising a glass in your direction sir
    Thanks V68, Step.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    Welcome back anyway WS. Where else can you get such high quality bollox?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    pinno wrote:
    Welcome back anyway WS. Where else can you get such high quality bollox?

The bollox on here is indeed incomparable.
    Shoot news ws
    veronese68 wrote:
    Like an XK TLW, don't rush the gear change those boxes are dreadful

Spot on re gearbox, but what a car. An absolute hit with the chicks, can't believer it but they would walk past the Ferrari 275 and start asking questions about the car. Men on the whole were not that stupid
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    Day 2 of a 4 day weekend. Excellent weather too, perfect autumn stuff. Tried to spend money but failed. BBQ dinner with a hefty helping of shiraz is helping to erase the week just gone at least. Lost an old friend on Monday in very sad circumstances. :cry:

Tomorrow will be riding a bike. Who'd have thought?
    Only just spotted your post, very sorry to hear that Spinner. Losing friends can hurt as much as losing family.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]