Fitting Praxis BB to S works OSBB

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited March 2017 in Workshop
Anyone used the OSBB shim convertor from praxis (ceramic if it makes a difference). All fitted but just wanted to check what people did as I've now got the dreaded squeaking

removed everything except the very thin metal sleeve on each side which couldn't be moved (never mind easily) then fitted it.

Was it right to leave those metal things in?
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• hambini
    hambini Posts: 113
    I've used the one for BB30 which is the same but a slightly wider shell. The squeaking suggests it might not be tight enough.

Did you get the sliding end to "bottom out"?

Hambini
  • Flâneur
    Thought I had, but now it has me questioning everything!

Guess I may be checking it all out again
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • perfectmark
    perfectmark Posts: 117
    Did you use any anti-seize when installing? I have a Roubaix and got it to fix my squeaking problem (which it did). I didn't need to remove the metal sleeve (I did wonder about them initially too).
  • hambini
    hambini Posts: 113
    I ended up selling mine on ebay after it creaked with copious amounts of anti seize.
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    Flâneur wrote:
    Anyone used the OSBB shim convertor from praxis (ceramic if it makes a difference). All fitted but just wanted to check what people did as I've now got the dreaded squeaking

removed everything except the very thin metal sleeve on each side which couldn't be moved (never mind easily) then fitted it.

Was it right to leave those metal things in?

I had issues with the praxis converter on a cannondale BB30 so when I did the same on my Tarmac I used the Wheel Manufacturing ones and they worked perfectly. Not a single creak/squeak. Just needed a thin layer of grease when fitting.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wheels-manufact ... dle-shims/

I no longer have my Tarmac so mine are now surplus to requirement.

Cheers
  • Flâneur
    Thanks all, going to find time for a proper play with it over the weekend before I just resign myself to buying the original bb again as that was fine for 3 years.

Went with the praxis converter as I needed a new BB so thought why not try it
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I've had praxis in mine for 2.5 years, fit and forget, no noise....
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com