Cycling in Greece

alex_ole
alex_ole Posts: 4
edited April 2017 in Tour & expedition
Hello all,

I currently live in Greece and I have cycled pretty much every corner in this country, although, I must admit that there are a few spots still unexplored. :D . It was a rewarding process that took me more than a couple of years to complete. I thought that by contributing and helping people getting here, would be my way of sharing something great.

I will be really happy to help in the best way I can, everybody who wants to cycle in Greece and explore the country. Information, suggestions, maybe cycling somewhere nice together? Just shoot!

Alex

Comments

• remedy_7
    remedy_7 Posts: 179
    Gyros.
    Respectful drivers.
    Gyros.
    Good for wild camping - Olive groves, unfinished houses & beaches.
    Gyros.
  • alex_ole
    Ha!

Guess that if someone follows a vegetarian / vegan diet he/she only goes for the 40% of the experience. Moreover, in the case someone doesn't camp at all, on my ... :-)
  • Holm
    Holm Posts: 9
    I am personally heading by bike from Denmark to Greece as my "end destination". Greece is probably the country I am most excited to see, Any good suggestions when I am finaly reaching Greece? It is such a mystical country to me and i have no idea what to expect, except for beautiful weather. :) How is the terrain? is wild camping possible? ANYTHING helps!

Cheers.
  • alex_ole
    Hello Holm,

I have lived in Copenhagen and Aalborg for a few months. I must admit that I have met some wonderful people there and I always think of Danish people with nostalgia.

Back to our topic. For me to be more helpful, I would like you to provide me with an idea of what is your schedule / timeframe in Greece and what is your point of entry (e.g. from Bulgaria, or by sea with a ferry from Italy to Patras). Also, when do you expect to arrive here?

The reason for asking is to narrow down the options.

Awaiting your input.

Alexandros