Paris Nice 2017 spoilers

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited March 2017 in Pro race
A good field this year and a good race last year. All road stages apart from mountain (ish) time trial.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    Always comes up on me too quickly this one.

Let's hope the spate of good racing continues.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I rode some of the course yesterday in the rain and it's even worse today. If it keeps this up it'll be nasty. Two circuits so the sprinters will get a look at the run in at half distance.
    pn-1a-1.png
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Do you have a link to the road book please?
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • inseine
    It's always fun to see pros on a roads that you know. I know they hammer up it twice as fast as me, but I still think the final hill will disrupt the sprint trains.
  • imatfaal
    many thanks Dabber.

And that rise in the last two km might well just be enough to disrupt the sprint train. 50m climb over 1km seeming to end at about flamme rouge
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Live on ES player from 13.25 and from 14.30 on Eurosport 2 according to the schedule.

Nice accompaniment to a wet afternoon...
  • imatfaal
    Looks as if it is gonna be bad weather there too

Antoine Duchesne "pluie, vent, bordure"

rain, wind, echelons*

*just one of those things that we use a word which looks very french but the french riders use something else.

---

I love that red kit of Lotto Soudal - but they are in the dull french sponsors version

C6JClz-WYAAS8on.jpg
  • inseine
    I'm just about to head out to the circuit, but it's bouncing down here. first year i've missed the start but the weather really is horrendous.
  • No Coquard on the PTP but worth a shout today.
  • inseine
    Im standing by the first sprint, top of a hill in a howling gale. Stopped raining at least
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Struggling to find the early coverage on eurosport.
    I assumed it would be the non commentary feed. But nowhere to be seen
  • bobmcstuff
    Phil485 wrote:
    Struggling to find the early coverage on eurosport.
    I assumed it would be the non commentary feed. But nowhere to be seen

It's showing in the list in Schedule but I just get snooker when I try to watch it...
  • bobmcstuff
    E2 has the last 20k of Strade Bianche on now before Paris Nice, not a total disaster...
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,076
    Is anybody manning the klaxon?
  • imatfaal
    E
    C
    H
    E
    L
    O
    N
    S

According to QS twitter feed

That was all nicely spaced out to make an echelon - forum screws the layout booo
  • imatfaal
    Bardet, Contador, Porte and Zakarin have all missed the cut.
  • bobmcstuff
    imatfaal wrote:
    E
    C
    H
    E
    L
    O
    N
    S

According to QS twitter feed

That was all nicely spaced out to make an echelon - forum screws the layout booo

And according to CyclingNews

WHY ISN'T IT ON ES YET?????
  • bobmcstuff
    85km remaining:

15:00:09 CET
    The situation is as follows: Chavanel, Smukulis, Hardy and Koren are 3:00 clear of a 26-man group featuring Kittel, Dan Martin, Henao, Demare, Gallopin and Greipel. The third group on the road is 3:40 down, and includes Contador, Bardet, Porte, Yates, Zakarin and Bouhanni.

PTP carnage already? Porte and Contador were big picks...
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,620
    Should liven up the GC a bit.
  • bobmcstuff
    Apparently Bouhanni's been dropped.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,620
    The 26

Marco Haller, Alexander Kristoff (Katusha), Jon Izaguirre, Greg Bole (Bahrain-Merida), Tony Gallopin, Andre Greipel, Tosh Van der Sande, Jelle Wallays (Lotto Soudal), Dan Martin, Julien Alaphilippe, Jack Bauer, Philippe Gilbert, Marcel Kittel, Yves Lampart (Quick-Step Floors), Gorka Izaguirre (Movistar), Sergio Henao, Luke Rowe (Sky), Arnaud Demare, Davide Cimolai, Jacopo Guarnieri, Olivier Le Gac, Rudy Molard, Mac Sarreau (FDJ), Cyrile Lemoine, Bryan Coquard, Angelo Tulik (Direct Energie).
  • bobmcstuff
    Apparently the second big group is back within 25s of the first big group, but they are just going back round for the second circuit so there should be more

ECHELONS

Just need Eurosport to get the damn thing showing before we miss it all!
  • COME ON EUROSPORT :evil:
  • bobmcstuff
    They're currently showing a TDF bloopers reel with stupid music. Get on with it!
  • bobmcstuff
    It's on now - 2 groups on the road separated by 1 minute, with the break caught.

Still 58km to go
  • rick_chasey
    The different colours on the quick step jackets to the jersey is chuffing annoying.
  • rick_chasey
    Scher literally tellling the motos to f*ck off as they're shrinking the road.
  • imatfaal
    it seems to be FDJ & QS v Orica & BMC - not sure why trek are not on front of chasers for Bertie , nor Bardets boys