Forme Winscar

leebass
leebass Posts: 3
edited March 2017 in MTB beginners
My name is Lee, I'm new to here.

I used to road bike solely up around 32/33, I'm 46 now, and I had a choice of bike through a scheme at work.

I may have gone a bit excessive but go for the best one I could right? Right.

I chose a Forme Winscar, and so far I can't fault a single thing about it at all. I tried a few out but none seemed to carry themselves as well as this, relative novice to biking that I am - does anyone else know of this bike? Oh it's the aluminium one not carbon. On tarmac with locked forks, SPD's on it genuinely feels quick, chuck it into some crappy trails it's clawing its way through...I'm more impressed than I thought it'd be, and mores it's captured the spirit of MTB - the ride is making me smile!

The Forme came with Easton wheels, are these on a par with DT Swiss that I've seen on some? Asking out of curiosity.

Cheers everyone.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Easton wheels are unfortunately not even close to as good as DT Swiss. They aren't known for their strength or reliability and spares availability is terribly.
    The Forme is a very racey bike, it'll be a touch twitchy on anything rough. Quick on smoother trails or road though.
  • leebass
    leebass Posts: 3
    Really? I should ask about this then - thanks matey.