Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

It's TUESDAY, finally wkend

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,345
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Days off at last, kids at school wife out the way at work, me out to play on bike then ebay time as selling old bikes and stuff having bought to many N+1.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• sungodsungod Posts: 12,210
    'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

big decision of the day: should the toasted sandwich later on be crammed with chicken or ham, obviously the best answer is bacon and fried eggs, but they've all been eaten, hic
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • The opposite for me as this is my Monday but not before carrying on yesterday's dentist theme. Off for a new crown first thing, well the first part of getting it. Had some fun winding the kids up last night that I'd have a big gap at the top front for a fortnight whilst they made the new one.

Rest of the day should be in the office dealing with s**t
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,320 Lives Here
    I wish it was my weekend, feels like it's been a long week. Lots more staff in the office these days as they've actually taken on some staff. This means it should be a little quieter in terms of having to deal with private punters, I hope so anyway. I might even have time to get back into dealing with other bits and pieces.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    m'ning.
    Another day another dollar. New house looks/feels like a home finally. Weekend was spent drinking, ended up in the fancy wine bar drinking alone as the Date decided to drink with friends in Manchester for longer than she had reckoned. Didn't mind meant I got to enjoy the wine I wanted and read/work. Rest of Saturday's was waiting for various deliveries and having to say hello to a new neighbour. Sunday was a cracking 70 miles on the bike.

I'm told John Lewis are visiting this week to fit wardrobes *shrug*.

Told Sky I don't like their broadband at the new place so to get lost as I go with BT, Hope I don't go crawling back.

Todays work (after the second coffee and some breakfast) will be spent working / looking for a track bike).

Enjoy the return to norm V68 and enjoy your days everyone else
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Good to hear you are settling into the house, now we have most of the boxes moved ours is starting to come together. Getting to know our new neighbours very well, they come round every few hours to offer us stuff we don't need, apart from the bottle of wine they left for us. They came round last night when I was mid-flatpack-furniture-construction to offer me a chest of draws similar to the one I was building, at least they are friendly!

Today will mostly be spent doing lots and lots of preparation for two days of big meetings with important industry people which will inevitably go to waste when everyone completely ignores me as the most junior person in meetings with 8+ participants. It might be a more exciting prospect if the one or two I have already met weren't entirely insufferable tw4ts. I still can't work out if this will be a wave of pleasantries and introductions or whether there is something else going on, nobody tells me nothin'...
    only one week until pancake day!
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,614
    veronese68 wrote:
    I wish it was my weekend, feels like it's been a long week. Lots more staff in the office these days as they've actually taken on some staff. This means it should be a little quieter in terms of having to deal with private punters, I hope so anyway. I might even have time to get back into dealing with other bits and pieces.
    Onwards and upwards...

Nah, just means more opportunity for things to go wrong, things that you'll then need to put right. :evil:
    sungod wrote:
    I'll be even more of a censored then.
    sungod wrote:

Why wait, be American have them every morning
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Meh, supposed to be running tonight with a small couch to 5k club. I can run 5k but haven't done in ages so need a bit of a weight loss push now that summer is calling.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
    Flâneur wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Why wait, be American have them every morning

ugh, those things aren't pancakes
    American flapjack pancake, French Crepe

Take your pick
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,612
    The opposite for me as this is my Monday but not before carrying on yesterday's dentist theme. Off for a new crown first thing, well the first part of getting it. Had some fun winding the kids up last night that I'd have a big gap at the top front for a fortnight whilst they made the new one.
    I thought that look was almost compulsory on Merseyside :)

Busy day for me with some big scary foreign tax numbers to make disappear some and big scary budget numbers to make presentable. Although being an accountant I know that numbers are like people - torture them enough and they'll tell you anything :twisted:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,233
    Meh.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    pinno wrote:
    Meh.

didn't rate it that high, wouldn't buy another one like this
  • Meh, supposed to be running tonight with a small couch to 5k club. I can run 5k but haven't done in ages so need a bit of a weight loss push now that summer is calling.

Might be easier without the couch? Or am I reading it wrong?

Lovely ride in to Ambleside this morning, so much so I extended it by about a mile or so.

Ride back will be WET! Oh well, character building...HTFU..all that crud.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    The opposite for me as this is my Monday but not before carrying on yesterday's dentist theme. Off for a new crown first thing, well the first part of getting it. Had some fun winding the kids up last night that I'd have a big gap at the top front for a fortnight whilst they made the new one.
    I thought that look was almost compulsory on Merseyside :)

Busy day for me with some big scary foreign tax numbers to make disappear some and big scary budget numbers to make presentable. Although being an accountant I know that numbers are like people - torture them enough and they'll tell you anything :twisted:

Especially as I lost the tooth being head butted whist a knife was held to my stomach :shock: except that happened whilst living in Nottingham (I know , lucky it wasn't a gun :D ).
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,071
    Nice day off as we had a child care issue - so we had a nice lunch in town as the car got new boots

Later is a walk in the woods, retracing some of my running steps earlier
    That was more like it. Four degrees, wind and rain. Nothing beats beasting it against the elements. Cycling at its most miserable :D

Haha, good point.
    tlw1 wrote:

Later is a walk in the woods, retracing some of my running steps earlier

What did you drop?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Garry H wrote:
    That was more like it. Four degrees, wind and rain. Nothing beats beasting it against the elements. Cycling at its most miserable :D

Four, four! You don't know you're born, young people today! We had to struggle with 19c, roll on summer :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
    team47b wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Four, four! You don't know you're born, young people today! We had to struggle with 19c, roll on summer :D

I agree! I took the wheels off my bike before setting off, just to make it harder.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Garry H wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

I agree! I took the wheels off my bike before setting off, just to make it harder.

I didn't ride a bike today as it was too cold :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,233
    Meh, supposed to be running tonight with a small couch to 5k club. I can run 5k but haven't done in ages so need a bit of a weight loss push now that summer is calling.

Lovely ride in to Ambleside this morning, so much so I extended it by about a mile or so.

Ride back will be WET! Oh well, character building...HTFU..all that crud.

Do you ride a black Canyon? Were you on your bike last Tuesday cycling past the park in Ambleside?

Short quiz - name the places/peaks:

da40bb294ea1d730e06aab6d271bc6bf.jpg

edc62ae5be1ec241730aab2bb896f3f6.jpg

0b86483808e50820a33694942492205d.jpg

5b3fe795bc3981a1bb2c4b36e0f66b9c.jpg

PPP today me. Pics after a shower. It will be the first this month.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    Bollokcs Bollokcs Bollokcs!!!
    Just found out a friend has died this evening after years of battling cancer. Not a particularly close friend, but part of a group of friends I see occasionally, always liked her, slightly mad and very good company. Surprised she made it this long really, she's been really bad for a couple of years but kept fighting it. Still really sad, she was one of the good people in this world.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,071
    veronese68 wrote:
    Bollokcs Bollokcs Bollokcs!!!
    Just found out a friend has died this evening after years of battling cancer. Not a particularly close friend, but part of a group of friends I see occasionally, always liked her, slightly mad and very good company. Surprised she made it this long really, she's been really bad for a couple of years but kept fighting it. Still really sad, she was one of the good people in this world.

Shoot news
    tlw1 wrote:
    Shoot news
    You're not wrong. She was quite old though, about Stevo's age.
    Just emphasises that we really need to enjoy life.