Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Finally freezing Friday's here.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,705
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Up to my neck in n+1, can't choose between new carbon cube plus giant tcx and or just get a defy advanced pro 2 instead. Wife's not helping matter by saying get whatever you will be happy with. What a dilemma. Wife and youngest out, eldest not doing work experience as he's succumbed to man flu after four days on a freezing site. Ho hum, enjoy the wkend folks
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Taking car for mot. Freezing outside.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,652 Lives Here
    You should get your MOT mail order so you don't have to go out, it's the future I tell you.
    Rather cold and damp out there, grim I'd say but today is a good day. Managed to wobble in to work every day this week, can't remember the last time I did that with ferrying daughter to various appointments. Helped make the nearly freezing drizzle a little more bearable, I think I would have smiled but for the fear my face would crack. Being Fryday I will of course be visiting the cafe, and just to top it off it's cake Fryday so there will be cakes as well. Woohoo!!!
  • benws1benws1 Posts: 413
    Really nice cold, dry day outside. It's been trying to snow. Nothing has settled yet. It's grey but not raining.

Outside is nice. Inside is terrible. I'm at work with a monumental cold and I don't even know why I'm here. Didn't sleep well so really tired too. Supposed to be riding in the morning. However, I think I'll have to see how I feel. May just do a turbo trainer session.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Cold but dry. This morning's entertainment was racing e-bikes on the s/s - that thing really does rock. Just deciding whether to drop the stem further but it has one of those stupid Cane Creek headsets with the large stepped spacer and inset inside so you just can't whack on any old spacer in its stead. Will decide over coffee.

Also need to look in sales for long drop brakes - no names from Focus really aren't confidence inspiring.

Job for weekend is to split the chain and take a link out allowing chain to be pulled back further and increase immediate power transfer.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    There's no room in here for talk of "immediate power transfer". Away to Po Face with that kind of filth!

Just cleaning and sprucing the balance bike that my daughter and son both learned to ride on, before sticking it on gumtree at an inflated price. It's an emotional experience I tell ye :(
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,773
    'ning

bleak and soggy out, reminds me of february

gym, wfh, cafe, not sure how i managed to mess us the order of the last two
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,193
    My back! Current hunched over trying to assemble a multi games table for the kids (not for me of course) Pool, snooker, table football(which is in a million pieces) I imagine the table tennis will be a bit crappy. But still, EXCITING! :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
    Garry H wrote:
    There's no room in here for talk of "immediate power transfer". Away to Po Face with that kind of filth!

Just cleaning and sprucing the balance bike that my daughter and son both learned to ride on, before sticking it on gumtree at an inflated price. It's an emotional experience I tell ye :(

If you saw the state of me at the moment you would recognise what an ironic statement "immediate power delivery is" :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Garry H wrote:

If you saw the state of me at the moment you would recognise what an ironic statement "immediate power delivery is" :)

The irony was assumed :wink:

Pop over here and you can give me a hand with some knotted logs. That'll get you back in shape sunshine :twisted:
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,705
    Decision finally made going for Giant TCX SLR2 as a interim toy and get a proper best bike when the 2018 bikes come out. Also trying Defy Advanced Pro2 2016 Model for size while im there, the 2017 Pro1 or 2 is my target for later in the year i think. Enjoy your day folks, mines finally sorted.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    Garry H wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

The irony was assumed :wink:

Pop over here and you can give me a hand with some knotted logs. That'll get you back in shape sunshine :twisted:

Would love to Friday is POET day so off to the gym then heading home at 12 :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,702
    Garry H wrote:

I'd say. After all the effort I put in to clearly delineate him as a true to the core BBer and goes and crosses the line and spouts stuff like that?! Farq me :roll:
    Garry H wrote:

We have got a spare wooden trike. We can't bring ourselves to do the deed. Personally, I would do the humane thing and tie it to the nearest stray inbred and chuck it off a bridge into the water.

Me just had porage me. Still peckish. Going off pedalling soon in a vain attempt at being Michelin man into the Siberian wasteland. No frosty bits (yet). Though I shall report on the size of my todger when back.

Laters.

PS @ Oxoman: Stop being such a big girls blouse and choose a frikkin bike.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    Pinno wrote:
    Keep up old man, post before yours:
    oxoman wrote:
    Decision finally made going for Giant TCX SLR2 as a interim toy and get a proper best bike when the 2018 bikes come out. Also trying Defy Advanced Pro2 2016 Model for size while im there, the 2017 Pro1 or 2 is my target for later in the year i think. Enjoy your day folks, mines finally sorted.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

I didn't get that far due to boredom.
    Pinno wrote:
    Me just had porage me. Still peckish. Going off pedalling soon in a vain attempt at being Michelin man into the Siberian wasteland. No frosty bits (yet). Though I shall report on the size of my *censored* when back.

Laters.

Contemplating same myself. But waiting on garage to call to tell me that the car needs a new Hadron Collider or something.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Thank goodness for that. It was beginning to turn into Brian from Family Guy's novel!
    Been to the gym now going home. Busy, busy, busy......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Went to sort out a utility bill - não possivel

Went to shop to buy nice brown bread - não possivel

Went to big DIY store to buy fire cement - não possivel.

Went home - entirely possivel.

Might go out later and see what else I can't buy :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
    team47b wrote:
    Went to sort out a utility bill - não possivel

Went to shop to buy nice brown bread - não possivel

Went to big DIY store to buy fire cement - não possivel.

Went home - entirely possivel.

Might go out later and see what else I can't buy :D

I feel your pain. I'm failing to buy a hat.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,045
    Shoot day with a funeral and a free bar...... and having to drive home :(
    Good news, the current Hadron Collider is fine.
    Garry H wrote:
    Good news, the current Hadron Collider is fine.

Take it for a spin in the car park outside the Swatch shop.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Evening, spent a lovely freezing day working on the car. Finally have working speakers are two years! Only problem is the indicators and warning tones still don't work, confusing but progress has been made!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,779
    Best get packing tonight as I'm headed for Rome tomorrow. Birthday slap up dinner and plonk when we get there. Just teflon desking in the office now before escaping :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Best get packing tonight as I'm headed for Rome tomorrow. Birthday slap up dinner and plonk when we get there. Just teflon desking in the office now before escaping :)

Where ya stayin' and why aren't we invited?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Some little traditional hotel in central Roma near Piazza di Spagna. You're not invited because you all smell.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Have a good time Stevo.
    Pedalled home through light snow flurries, quiet night in somewhat spoiled by the Mrs just finding out her brother has terminal cancer. Not good to say the least.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Some little traditional hotel in central Roma near Piazza di Spagna. You're not invited because you all smell.

What? Wales not good enough for you anymore?

A ton of snow has just fallen out of the sky.
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Other way round mate. Rome isn't good enough, there's no ferkin downhill there.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Other way round mate. Rome isn't good enough, there's no ferkin downhill there.

Points in the bank then is it?

Enjoy