Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Wakey wakey it's Wednesday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,850
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Finish work shortly. Go home annoy the family then shut eye. Eat sleep repeat for 2 more nights then a wkend off.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,914
    Morning, wet Wednesday here in Lincoln
  • Dry & mild, feels like Spring.

Will ride bike.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Pishy and dreary here.

Recovering from an actual RUN last night. My legs hate me.

Listening to chaps from a mines rescue outfit today, then home and hopefully out on the CX after walking the mutts.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • benws1benws1 Posts: 413
    Morning, wet Wednesday here in Lincoln

I'm south east of you and it is very wet again this morning here too. Had an hour or so on the bike last night and the wind and rain simply didn't let up. Tired legs this morning, but worth it. :)
  • Wet and worky here with a mild red wine induced fuzz.

It's not a good start.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Rather warm and moist on the outskirts of the smoke. Had to drive in today as I have to take the girl to physio later. Not much traffic at all so was a fair bit quicker than riding in would have been. This is not good as it makes me want to drive in more. Driving again tomorrow as another appointment with the girl in the afternoon. Pub is calling for later so I can go and talk rubbish with other misfits. Gives the wife a bit of a break. I suppose it might be busy if anyone that managed to survive January without booze is desperate for a drink. Why would anyone give up booze in January? It's twice as long as any other month. Spring will soon be here at least.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    At some point this week will get better, between work, house stuff, football and anything else it could do with an uphill turn. May go and find a bike later and manage a ride if possible

NB it isn't that censored in the grand scheme

Stevo , did you drop 2 points or was it a point earned for you? I'd say the former having stood there for 90 minutes.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • LukeTCLukeTC Posts: 211
    Grey day but drying, gonna be going out tonight irregardless
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Damp, dank, drizzly an the garage has flooded again yay have figure out whats doing that likely the DPC is breached knowing the quality of the rest of the house.
    Will be venting some frustration on zwift later no doubt.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Working from home whilst the wife gets ready to start decorating has meant she hasn't made me breakfast
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    tlw1 wrote:
    Working from home whilst the wife gets ready to start decorating has meant she hasn't made me breakfast

Whats she decorating?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    tlw1 wrote:
    At least she hasn't got the painters in.
    I was in the warehouse office just now and one of the guys was paying £4 for his lottery money. Warehouse manager's wife works in the office and she took his money, the warehouse manager says to her as the guy is leaving "That's not a very good deal, he gave you a fiver and you only gave him 1." I replied that I thought that was a blinding deal and I'd have a go for that. Blank looks all round and a bit of a tumbleweed moment. Honestly...
  • Probably because all you Southern lot have had your brains baked by brexit arguments.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Mikey23Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    The heady excitement of recycling day today. I just so enjoy sorting out all that packaging censored i didnt want or need in the first place into colour coded bags. Then a spell of watching people on bikes randomly cycling theough the desert. Followed by a visit to lifton farm shop for coffee and toasted tea cakes. Back home now with leg up waiting for cricket to start...
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    No Stevo so far, so I guess he's licking his Klopp wounds. On the other hand, I am so pi$$ed off at Arsenal.

Me doing PPP work me and running out of timber again.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    pinno wrote:
    No Stevo so far, so I guess he's licking his Klopp wounds. On the other hand, I am so pi$$ed off at Arsenal.

Laters.

Me doing cement work on secret project running out of sand again
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Mikey23Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Was watching dubai classic... plenty of sand there
    team47b wrote:
    pinno wrote:

Laters.

Me doing cement work on secret project running out of sand again me.

[Edit]
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Was watching dubai classic... plenty of sand there

It's hardly a 'classic'.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    pinno wrote:
    Au contraire, mon ami etouffement :wink: Cant complain about being one point further ahead than we were yesterday. Just been busy dealing with some of our fukwit continental subsidiaries. And cycling.

Working from home tomorrow so should be a bit more peaceful.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Au contraire, mon ami etouffement :wink: Cant complain about being one point further ahead than we were yesterday. Just been busy dealing with some of our fukwit continental subsidiaries. And cycling.

Perhaps you should have joined them in that company footy match, maybe then they would be more amenable.

Besides, it wasn't me that choked and it wasn't you who scored the goal.
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Just in. Wassappenin?
    Garry H wrote:
    Just in. Wassappenin?

Nuffin. Diddley squat, Nada. You're late. Was it a headwind?
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Slightly, south westerly. Quite balmy again. Soaked on the way in though.

Something happened in tha fitba I take it?
    Garry H wrote:

Don't worry - it's just a form of cyber hooliganism. If I could have a few pixelated beers outside if an CGI pub and then have an imaginary fight with a Smoggy gawn posh, I would.
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Don't worry - it's just a form of cyber hooliganism. If I could have a few pixelated beers outside if an CGI pub and then have an imaginary fight with a Smoggy gawn posh, I would.
    Blimey, we haven't even played you yet :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

I'll remind you (before we loose at the weekend), that we did thrash you in the early part of the season. So it will be 1-1 in the @rse vs Chelski stakes barring an FA cup/CL meeting.
    Oh so sorry, you're not in the CL. Silly me.
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

I'll remind you (before we loose at the weekend), that we did thrash you in the early part of the season. So it will be 1-1 in the @rse vs Chelski stakes barring an FA cup/CL meeting.
    Oh so sorry, you're not in the CL. Silly me.
    Neither will you pretty soon :wink:

But you still have the 'finishing above Spurs' Cup to play for :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter