Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Slippy sloppy Saturday.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,850
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning slowcoaches. Parkrun in a bit which following lasts rain and snow will be slippy. Chilling out after that unless eldest having a driving lesson with me again. Enjoy the wkend.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• LukeTCLukeTC Posts: 211
    Parents have gone away for a long weekend so I had to be up and round there at the crack of dawn to let their chickens out, decided to just bring their dog back with me instead of having her on her own for most of the day until I go round.

Now sat in front of the telly with a coffee while the gf gets ready to go to a spa day with her sisters. Just saw the bikini she's taking, starting to wonder who she's trying to impress :lol:
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    You know the rules Luke, POIDH.

Morning folks, traditional slow start is being had. Normal Saturday of pottering and doing stuff at a leisurely pace to follow. Next job is more tea.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bizarre

One beer last night and one glass of wine and I feel like I've had a skinful and am wandering around with a splitting headache. Time for some severe water drinking methinks.

On a lesser note: messed around (i.e. She didn't bother showing up) by a potential officer candidate who wanted me to run through some pre-selection bits with her in the gym this morning but then fails to turn up - noted for next time you need something on my day off sweet pea.

Apart from that - will finish off bolting together the new Cervelo, may get around to ordering the head set bearings (then again, most probably not) and a quick gym sesh before heading out for an awfully awfully posh dinner tonight.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Temperature 7 degrees, feels like 2.

ffs
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,743
    LukeTC wrote:
    Parents have gone away for a long weekend so I had to be up and round there at the crack of dawn to let their chickens out, decided to just bring their dog back with me instead of having her on her own for most of the day until I go round.

Now sat in front of the telly with a coffee while the gf gets ready to go to a spa day with her sisters. Just saw the bikini she's taking, starting to wonder who she's trying to impress :lol:
    Ooh you tease. Get like Bartman and start posting some picture of your missus.

Some years ago I was house sitting for my parents while they were away. The only instruction they gave me was to lock the chicken away at night. Of course, great son that I am, I completely forgot and my heart sank in the morning as the scene of carnage unfolded. A fox had got the lot. Was not a pleasant phone call to the olds.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,003
    More Saturdays should be like this. Started the day slow, went for a massage early, then did 3/5 of 5/8 of SFA for the rest of the day.

Sorry folks but it was hot (31 C) and sunny, so the only activity was pool-based, interrupted by refreshments at regular intervals.

Noice. 8)
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    Slow start post Chablis and trout last night. One toots has more energy than Usain Bolt on amphetamines and the other is dog tired. They are not compatible. Help.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    pinno wrote:
    Slow start post Chablis and trout last night.
    Posh git, lording it up on the sale of your empire while your former minions walk the streets...

Tired today, but no cuts or bruises. Avoiding Strifey who seems to be in a bad mood and trying to catch up with a few jobs and emails etc. FA Cup footy later.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Football is going erm pants

Been dad taxi this morning but managed a reasonable run inbetween so all good

Now showing the kids jackass, then need to get ready as we are out at friends for dinner later
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Slow start post Chablis and trout last night.
    Posh git, lording it up on the sale of your empire while your former minions walk the streets...

Yep, back to where they started and they're still grateful.
  • Mikey23Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Yay, managed to wash and dress myself today (apart from the socks). A mooch around Tavi with only one crutch finishing with coffee and toasted tea cake at our favourite cafe. Steady progress being made...
    Mikey23 wrote:
    ...apart from the socks...

Haven't you got one of those plastic things with the white ribbon strings? Worked for me.